Toy Story Land Annual Passholder Event

I saw a post on Facebook from Kenny White, and was able to get in about 45 mins after it was posted. Sept 11th for 7 am. I am actually happy about this, because we were half daying it anyway, and now I can hopefully modify my TOT and RNR for closer to 9. Have SDD for 10 that day, may keep it, but now I won't NEED to, so that's nice.
same day/time as us! fun! :)

I saw my email just under 3 hours from it coming in and by the time I clicked to sign up, it was all ready filled up. So not happy.

Man, I got the email about this yesterday. I saw it about an hour after I got it, I went to register, it was full. How do people who aren't on the DisBoards see these things? I ALWAYS find out about stuff online long before I get the official notification (if any) from Disney.
wow and I thought it was bad enough I didn't get in at just under 3 hours from email being sent. I guess you had to have emails opened and went directly to it as soon as it arrived

I said way back when ... that the DHS EMM was a practice run for when TSL opens. I think they could actually do in SWL - and sell it out - and TSL on alternating days. Those are big money makers.

Was shocked they didn’t EMM Pandora. Wouldn’t even have to open every theater. Land completely setup for it.

They do not have EMM for pandora but they do have the ultimate night of adventure vip tour. I hate to want to spend extra money but in this case I wish something like a tour or EMM will come out for TSL so I do not have to deal. I would book club level but none available for my trip dates.

I saw my email the moment it arrived. So lucky, because I am usually unable to check it at work! We got 9/20 at 8AM. I am so excited! This is our first year as passholders and as DVC, even though we've been coming to Disney for several years. Really hoping we can get Moonlight Magic on 9/19 as well. We will be Toy Story'd out!! :yay:

I got an email notification on my phone @ 3:21pm and I was able to jump on immediately. Didn't get my preferred date but was able to book the 7am slot on the 11th. I'm traveling with my niece who is not a passholder, so I was worried that she might feel left out. Then I remembered that she is not a morning person at all. When I told her about it, her response was "yeaaahhhh not waking up at 5am." :D

So I'll get up early and do the event while she sleeps. Then come back to get her and eat breakfast and go to MK before having dinner at HDDR.

Are all Passholders supposed to get the email invite ?

Nope. Not all AP emails go out to every AP holder. This is why when they announced it they said "select AP's", I'm guessing because they know the emails don't always go out to every AP.

My wife got the email and signed us up. I never got an email about the preview weeks ago, nor did I get one that sign ups opened. Despite the fact that we're both gold AP's.

I never got an email. Used a link provided by kenny the pirate. By the time I was able to book all Saturdays bookings were gone. I could only get the 7am-8am booking on the day I selected. I have already been to TSL, if I decide to sleep in and not get up that early then no big deal.

I got an email notification on my phone @ 3:21pm and I was able to jump on immediately. Didn't get my preferred date but was able to book the 7am slot on the 11th. I'm traveling with my niece who is not a passholder, so I was worried that she might feel left out. Then I remembered that she is not a morning person at all. When I told her about it, her response was "yeaaahhhh not waking up at 5am." :D

So I'll get up early and do the event while she sleeps. Then come back to get her and eat breakfast and go to MK before having dinner at HDDR.
I chose a 7 AM time for the same reason. We are traveling with a non-passholder family member, but I figured if I went with the early time, she wouldn't feel like she was missing out too much. She's not a morning person!

Nope. Not all AP emails go out to every AP holder. This is why when they announced it they said "select AP's", I'm guessing because they know the emails don't always go out to every AP.

My wife got the email and signed us up. I never got an email about the preview weeks ago, nor did I get one that sign ups opened. Despite the fact that we're both gold AP's.
Well, true using Select does cover their butts, but I am certain it's not intentional on their part. It's not that they only select certain AP to get the invitation, on a person by person basis. If all their data bases worked correctly and everyone had their accounts set to receive emails then everyone would get the emails. But, sometimes there are glitches and the AP member doesn't get on the list, sometimes the AP member clicks the box off, either intentionally or unintentionally, sometimes emails get lost in cyberspace. Those AP holders don't get the email. But it's not like Disney leaves them off the list because they were not picked to get the invitation.
For years I never got any AP emails. Then 2 years ago I created a 2nd account, used it only to book ADR once (long story as to why it was needed). No ticket entitlements on this, just had my name and DH's name on it, with DH as the lead guest. We didn't link it to our other account via an invitation or anything, since it was only an ADR, we just needed to have our name and number of guests. Anyway, suddenly, that email account started to get the AP emails. Now remember, I didn't add the APs to that account. So for the last 2 years we've gotten them on that account only. Then, when I had to have my new MDE account made earlier this year, I started to get the AP emails too. Nothing else changed, just a new MDE account, to a new email account. So now we get 2, one in each email account. And yes, we got 2 of the invites.
So I'm of the belief that you weren't "not invited" just for whatever reason, their data base doesn't have your email address on it. And it seems, once you aren't on the list, nothing you do can get you on it. I once had the same issue with Gymboree. I couldn't get emails in my Rewards account for anything. No matter how many times I called or set the account to receive emails. I finally had to created a new Rewards account and then I get the emails.

Well, true using Select does cover their butts, but I am certain it's not intentional on their part. It's not that they only select certain AP to get the invitation, on a person by person basis. If all their data bases worked correctly and everyone had their accounts set to receive emails then everyone would get the emails. But, sometimes there are glitches and the AP member doesn't get on the list, sometimes the AP member clicks the box off, either intentionally or unintentionally, sometimes emails get lost in cyberspace. Those AP holders don't get the email. But it's not like Disney leaves them off the list because they were not picked to get the invitation.
For years I never got any AP emails. Then 2 years ago I created a 2nd account, used it only to book ADR once (long story as to why it was needed). No ticket entitlements on this, just had my name and DH's name on it, with DH as the lead guest. We didn't link it to our other account via an invitation or anything, since it was only an ADR, we just needed to have our name and number of guests. Anyway, suddenly, that email account started to get the AP emails. Now remember, I didn't add the APs to that account. So for the last 2 years we've gotten them on that account only. Then, when I had to have my new MDE account made earlier this year, I started to get the AP emails too. Nothing else changed, just a new MDE account, to a new email account. So now we get 2, one in each email account. And yes, we got 2 of the invites.
So I'm of the belief that you weren't "not invited" just for whatever reason, their data base doesn't have your email address on it. And it seems, once you aren't on the list, nothing you do can get you on it. I once had the same issue with Gymboree. I couldn't get emails in my Rewards account for anything. No matter how many times I called or set the account to receive emails. I finally had to created a new Rewards account and then I get the emails.

The only issue is that I received confirmation email for Pandora when I signed up for AP preview. And I get emails for when my FP rides go down. All are sent from the Disney Destinations email account. So they have my email, I'm checked to receive all info and emails, but it's random other than the FP emails.

I don't think they pick and choose, I just think their delivery system is broken somehow

The only issue is that I received confirmation email for Pandora when I signed up for AP preview. And I get emails for when my FP rides go down. All are sent from the Disney Destinations email account. So they have my email, I'm checked to receive all info and emails, but it's random other than the FP emails.

I don't think they pick and choose, I just think their delivery system is broken somehow
Yes, I got those when I didn't get newsletters too. It's why I think their newsletter data base is separate and once you aren't on it, you can't get on it. It's a one time thing. Either your account is added when you buy your AP, or it's not. If you are an unlucky one and it's not added right at the beginning, you are SOL for the duration. At least I sure never found a way to get on the newsletter list. The other emails sure. It's the newsletter, which these invitations seem to be tied to, that's the issue. At least that's my observations.

Same for us. Me, my husband, and my sister are all new AP holders as of last year. I get the emails, but neither of them do. Have no idea why this is. Tried to set up my husband's account to receive them, but didn't work. :confused3
We have all had MDE accounts for several years. Disney IT is a mystery to me.

So I’m a passholder who never got an email but wasn’t really concerned about getting the preview or not. However now that dates have been released it looks like the day I have planned as my HS day is an AP preview day. (Tuesday, September 4) I was unable to obtain a SDD fast pass for that day so we had planned to rope drop the new attractions. I’m assuming that this strategy is no longer going to work… am I correct in assuming that trying to tackle the new attractions would now be better closer to park closing?

So I’m a passholder who never got an email but wasn’t really concerned about getting the preview or not. However now that dates have been released it looks like the day I have planned as my HS day is an AP preview day. (Tuesday, September 4) I was unable to obtain a SDD fast pass for that day so we had planned to rope drop the new attractions. I’m assuming that this strategy is no longer going to work… am I correct in assuming that trying to tackle the new attractions would now be better closer to park closing?

I personally wouldn't try to rope drop TSL on a AP preview day. I'd opt for the night

I never got an email. Used a link provided by kenny the pirate. By the time I was able to book all Saturdays bookings were gone. I could only get the 7am-8am booking on the day I selected. I have already been to TSL, if I decide to sleep in and not get up that early then no big deal.

No offense, but it's kind of crappy to take a limited availability opportunity slot and not use it at all, when there could be someone else who would really want to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter