I’m torn about getting PH for our trip in March - was planning on playing it by ear and upgrading on site if we ended up wanting to hop. Currently have MYW package with 9d base tix.

However, going on the assumption that tix prices may likely increase between now and then given historical timing, wondering how this could impact the plan. Will adding PH still only cost whatever the ‘flat’ PH fee is (currently $75) or will the charge be the full difference to get up to what the new 9d PH full price would be (ie, also paying any increase in base tix rate in addition to flat PH fee?)

Hypothetical round numbers for examples:

Base tix paid already = $430
New base tix price = $450
PH option flat fee = $75 (pretend that this remains unchanged)

Should on-site upgrade to PH cost $75? or $95 (incld $20 of base tix increase)?

Nobody knows.
Last increase (Feb. 12, 2017) made for some big changes.
(If the difference turns out to be only the (roughly estimated) $20 per ticket, I'd not worry too much about it.)
But, anything can happen.,

So I read through the upgrade part, and I see you can upgrade the FL resident passes that last 6 months after the 14 days. I have the DVC pass that they offered that is good for 6 months and I am hoping I can do the same thing. Does anyone know if that can be done? I used 4 of the 7 days in September already, so way past the 14 days.

AP question! My friends and I were thinking about getting tickets like normal and then upgrading at the park? Is this doable or cost effective? Is it DISCOUNTED to do so? We are hoping to stay at the DS hilton and buy a 4 day park hopper. I tried to piece this together through other posts but I am worried I am not totally getting it.

If I buy an AP ahead of time, do I still need to buy park tickets? Or can I link it to MDE ASAP so I can make fast pass selections?

Also can you activate a voucher from home? Thank you for the help! sorry if these were asked before!

Last edited:
AP question! My friends and I were thinking about getting tickets like normal and then upgrading at the park?
1. Is this doable
2. or cost effective?
3. Is it DISCOUNTED to do so? We are hoping to stay at the DS hilton and buy a 4 day park hopper. I tried to piece this together through other posts but I am worried I am not totally getting it.
4. Also can you activate a voucher from home?
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. If you buy discounted tickets from authorized ticket resellers at a discount, then, yes, the AP upgrade will be less expensive
in relation to the original discounted tickets.
4. Nope (nor would you want to do so.)

See "Upgrading Tickets" HERE.
Procedures are explained, including for APs.

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. If you buy discounted tickets from authorized ticket resellers at a discount, then, yes, the AP upgrade will be less expensive
in relation to the original discounted tickets.
4. Nope (nor would you want to do so.)

Thank you! Sorry I had one more question if I buy the 4 day park hopper plus extra day from UT, then all I have to pay when I upgrade is?? the difference between that ticket and the AP pass? wouldnt that be MORE expensive because the difference is bigger?

1. if I buy the 4 day park hopper plus extra day from UT,
2. then all I have to pay when I upgrade is?? the difference between that ticket and the AP pass?
3. wouldnt that be MORE expensive because the difference is bigger?
1. That is actually just a regular 5-day ticket. (There is no such thing as a "free day" or "extra day." It's just "sales talk.")
2. The difference price between a regular full price 5-day hopper ticket, and a regular full-price AP.
(NOT the difference price between what you PAID for the ticket, and a regular full-price AP.)
3. Nope.

1. That is actually just a regular 5-day ticket. (There is no such thing as a "free day" or "extra day." It's just "sales talk.")
2. The difference price between a regular full price 5-day hopper ticket, and a regular full-price AP.
(NOT the difference price between what you PAID for the ticket, and a regular full-price AP.)
3. Nope.

THank you!

Question about using an OLD ticket. I have two One Day tickets that say Admit one adult to EPCOT Center. Any thoughts on how guest relations would treat these tickets? We want to go to Magic Kingdom for one day, not EPCOT. The dollar amount of the ticket is $15. I'm going to bring the tickets to Guest Relations anyway to see what they say but curious what others think.

Hi all, I have a question for the experts! I have been trying to figure out if renewing our APs or if waiting and buying new AP when we go next is better. Our AP expires 1/8/18. Our next trip is May 2nd, so basically that would be 4 months without use. I know there's a chance for the price to increase before May, so maybe it is better to renew? Hopefully someone on here is better at the math than I am! Thank you!

Hi all, I have a question for the experts! I have been trying to figure out if renewing our APs or if waiting and buying new AP when we go next is better. Our AP expires 1/8/18. Our next trip is May 2nd, so basically that would be 4 months without use. I know there's a chance for the price to increase before May, so maybe it is better to renew? Hopefully someone on here is better at the math than I am! Thank you!

Anybody's guess.
No way to know.

I'm really frustrated right now. We have three 5 day tickets and one 3 day ticket that we want to upgrade to 7 day tickets. When I called, to upgrade the 3 day was $177 (more than the $144.87 it shows to upgrade online) and the 5 day ticket is over $200 to upgrade to the 7 day (online shows about $59)! They were bought through Disney so what am I doing wrong?

I'm really frustrated right now. We have three 5 day tickets and one 3 day ticket that we want to upgrade to 7 day tickets. When I called, to upgrade the 3 day was $177 (more than the $144.87 it shows to upgrade online) and the 5 day ticket is over $200 to upgrade to the 7 day (online shows about $59)! They were bought through Disney so what am I doing wrong?

It is generally not allowed to upgrade stand-alone tickets except in-person at WDW.
But, sometimes it can be done.

Now, to basics:
When, how and from whom did you purchase your current tickets?
(You said "Disney," but were they part of a resort package, or were they simply bought
as stand-alone tickets?)

It is generally not allowed to upgrade stand-alone tickets except in-person at WDW.
But, sometimes it can be done.

Now, to basics:
When and from whom did you purchase your current tickets?

The three 5 days were purchased from Disney. We had family that was going to go with us on vacation a few years ago (one is a 5 day park hopper and two are 5 day park hopper and water park and more option). They didn't go and we had paid for the tickets, so we kept the tickets to use later. The third is a 3 day park hopper with water park and more option that was bought through DVC (we are DVC members). We have that ticket in similar situation as the others. Last year, I upgraded another 3 day DVC ticket over the phone to an annual pass and was given gate price for it.

The three 5 days were purchased from Disney. We had family that was going to go with us on vacation a few years ago (one is a 5 day park hopper and two are 5 day park hopper and water park and more option). They didn't go and we had paid for the tickets, so we kept the tickets to use later.

You say, "Disney."
For the 5-day tickets, did you just buy the tickets at WDW from a ticket booth, or on-line, or over the phone?
Also, the date when those tickets were purchased matters.
(These kind of details are very important.)

Last edited:
You say, "Disney."
For the 5-day tickets, did you just buy the tickets at WDW from a ticket booth, or on-line, or over the phone?
Also, the date when those tickets were purchased matters.
(These kind of details are very important.)

They were bought online and linked to the people traveling in my account (they did not have their own accounts). I just reassigned the tickets when they decided not to go. The tickets were all bought in 2015. The 3 day in March and the others in June or so I believe.

They were bought online and linked to the people traveling in my account (they did not have their own accounts). I just reassigned the tickets when they decided not to go. The tickets were all bought in 2015. The 3 day in March and the others in June or so I believe.

OK.
Since those tickets were bought directly from Disney, officially, they will not be price-bridged up to the current
new price of the same kind of tickets.

When upgrading tickets bought directly from Disney, guests are only given the value that was paid for those tickets
when originally purchased.
That's likely why you were quoted a higher price for the upgrades than you thought you should be getting.**

As to the DVC tickets, it is possible that those tickets can be price-bridged up to the current new price of the same kind of tickets.
Tickets bought through WDW resorts and (possibly via DVC) are not considered to be bought "directly from Disney."

** For those following along:
For this reason, it is really not a great plan to buy stand-alone tickets directly from Disney.
If you buy from an authorized ticket reseller/discounter (like UndercoverTourist or MapleLeafTickets or ParkSavers, etc.) your tickets can be more "flexible"
in case you need to save them for future upgrade.

OK.
Since those tickets were bought directly from Disney, officially, they will not be price-bridged up to the current
new price of the same kind of tickets.

When upgrading tickets bought directly from Disney, guests are only given the value that was paid for those tickets
when originally purchased.
That's likely why you were quoted a higher price for the upgrades than you thought you should be getting.**

As to the DVC tickets, it is possible that those tickets can be price-bridged up to the current new price of the same kind of tickets.
Tickets bought through WDW resorts and (possibly via DVC) are not considered to be bought "directly from Disney."

** For those following along, for this reason, it is really not a great plan to buy stand-alone tickets directly from Disney.
If you buy from an authorized ticket reseller/discounter (like UndercoverTourist or MapleLeafTickets or ParkSavers, etc.) your tickets can be more "flexible"
in case you need to save them for future upgrade.

So if we wait and use them first, will we get the price bridged? Or are they just worth what they are worth now?

1. So if we wait and use them first, will we get the price bridged?
2. Or are they just worth what they are worth now?

1. Sorry, but no.
Using a ticket (or not) before upgrading does not affect the upgrade price.
2. Officially, tickets bought directly from Disney are worth what they originally cost for the purposes of upgrade.

So I read through the upgrade part, and I see you can upgrade the FL resident passes that last 6 months after the 14 days. I have the DVC pass that they offered that is good for 6 months and I am hoping I can do the same thing. Does anyone know if that can be done? I used 4 of the 7 days in September already, so way past the 14 days.

No experiences or guesses on this one?

@ravenclawtrekkie do you know the answer to this one?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter