• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OK… This question may have been answered within this post already, but I did read the post about tickets and didn’t see an answer to this specific question so here goes… My husband and I are taking an adults only trip on a bounce back offer in September. Can I upgrade the bounce back tickets to annual passes? Since park hoppers were A required part of the package to get free dining, I’m not sure if this is possible. However, there is a good chance that we will go back to Disney before the end of the year, possibly twice before they would run out. If what I am reading would apply to this offer, I think I can, after we arrive at Disney, upgrade our three day park hopper passes, applying that and the cost of the memory maker to annual passes. Is this possible? Or will they not allow it since I bought it as part of a promotional package?

OK… This question may have been answered within this post already, but I did read the post about tickets and didn’t see an answer to this specific question so here goes… My husband and I are taking an adults only trip on a bounce back offer in September. Can I upgrade the bounce back tickets to annual passes? Since park hoppers were A required part of the package to get free dining, I’m not sure if this is possible. However, there is a good chance that we will go back to Disney before the end of the year, possibly twice before they would run out. If what I am reading would apply to this offer, I think I can, after we arrive at Disney, upgrade our three day park hopper passes, applying that and the cost of the memory maker to annual passes. Is this possible? Or will they not allow it since I bought it as part of a promotional package?

The fact that the tickets are part of a promotional package has nothing to do with being able to upgrade - people upgrade tickets from promotional packages all the time. In fact, a lot of times people who already have APs will get the minimum ticket requirement with a free dining package (typically a two day ticket) and then save that ticket to use towards their renewal.

The fact that the tickets are part of a promotional package has nothing to do with being able to upgrade - people upgrade tickets from promotional packages all the time. In fact, a lot of times people who already have APs will get the minimum ticket requirement with a free dining package (typically a two day ticket) and then save that ticket to use towards their renewal.
Ok, thank you for the info... am I right in thinking that I have to wait and do the upgrade at Guest services after I get there?

I have a question about adding days. I've tried to find it here, but am not sure I have the right info.

We will have 1 day PH+ tickets. Our tentative plans are:
Day 1: water park
Day 2: Animal Kingdom
Day 3: water park and maybe add a day for Epcot or DHS.

If we wanted to add 1 more park day, when do we need to add it by? Before we leave Animal Kingdom?

I have a question about adding days. I've tried to find it here, but am not sure I have the right info.

We will have 1 day PH+ tickets. Our tentative plans are:
Day 1: water park
Day 2: Animal Kingdom
Day 3: water park and maybe add a day for Epcot or DHS.

If we wanted to add 1 more park day, when do we need to add it by? Before we leave Animal Kingdom?

You need to add the extra day no later than close-of-business on the same day that you make the second visit to the Water Park.

Going to spend one day at Magic Kingdom next week - Thursday, 1/4. It's been forever since I've purchased tickets - just finished off our never-expire passes last year - boo hoo for the demise of never expire passes.

I haven't bought tickets yet because there's a slight chance our plans change.

1. What's the best way to buy a same-day ticket? We have a 7:30am ADR at Ohana so will be parking at TTC, walking to Poly, taking the monorail to MK. Can I buy at the Poly so I avoid lines at MK?

2. IF I'm sure of our plans and can buy on my MDE account a couple days early, what is the process once we get there? We don't have magic bands so will need hard tickets, right? Can I do this at the Poly to avoid lines at MK?

Going to spend one day at Magic Kingdom next week - Thursday, 1/4. It's been forever since I've purchased tickets - just finished off our never-expire passes last year - boo hoo for the demise of never expire passes.

I haven't bought tickets yet because there's a slight chance our plans change.

1. What's the best way to buy a same-day ticket? We have a 7:30am ADR at Ohana so will be parking at TTC, walking to Poly, taking the monorail to MK. Can I buy at the Poly so I avoid lines at MK?

2. IF I'm sure of our plans and can buy on my MDE account a couple days early, what is the process once we get there?
2a. We don't have magic bands so will need hard tickets, right?
2b.Can I do this at the Poly to avoid lines at MK?
1. Try at the Poly Concierge desk.
Also, there are ticket machines at TTC (the ticket windows may or may not be staffed at 7:15AM that day) so, you might be able to buy the tickets from a machine with a credit card that early.
2a. Right.
2b. Try at the Poly Concierge desk.

Last edited:
Read thru the intro posts to get information on tickets and I think I understand but want to clarify before calling WDW.

One of the people in our party for an upcoming visit had to undergo emergency spinal surgery this week. He may recover in time to go down to Florida with us in 5 weeks but rides will be out of the question.

In his name is a value one-day Epcot ticket and an After Hours event ticket for 2/8.

If I am reading correctly, the one-day ticket can be transferred but is not refundable? Is it transferable at any point or only after the trip?

As far as the After Hours event ticket are we out of luck completely? I did read somewhere that someone called Disney and was able to turn their AHE ticket into a MNSSHP party ticket for later in the year. Anyone else do this or have information?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Read thru the intro posts to get information on tickets and I think I understand but want to clarify before calling WDW.

One of the people in our party for an upcoming visit had to undergo emergency spinal surgery this week. He may recover in time to go down to Florida with us in 5 weeks but rides will be out of the question.

In his name is a value one-day Epcot ticket and an After Hours event ticket for 2/8.

If I am reading correctly,
1. the one-day ticket can be transferred but is not refundable?
2. Is it transferable at any point or only after the trip?
3. As far as the After Hours event ticket are we out of luck completely?
4. I did read somewhere that someone called Disney and was able to turn their AHE ticket into a MNSSHP party ticket for later in the year.
1. "Officially," that is correct. (But, see #3 &4. below.)
2. An unused ticket can be transferred at any time (before its expiration date) and used by
anyone.
3. & 4. Call and explain your situation. Disney can be very helpful.

:welcome: to the DISboards, hereforthechurros!

1. "Officially," that is correct. (But, see #3 &4. below.)
2. An unused ticket can be transferred at any time (before its expiration date) and used by
anyone.
3. & 4. Call and explain your situation. Disney can be very helpful.

:welcome: to the DISboards, hereforthechurros!
Thanks @Robo! For not only formatting my questions and answering succinctly but providing great info. Going to call WDW today to set up my Magical Express plans so I'll talk ticketing as well.

Also, good to be here :)

A question regarding a RunDisney vacation package. Our trip includes room, MYW tickets and dining. The full package has been paid for since we leave in 3 days. I would like to DOWNGRADE my tickets for the three us us from hopper to just one park one day. The RunDisney office is not open today due to the holiday and the regular cast members on the WDW phone line can't touch the reservation. I will try calling first thing tomorrow, any chance they will let me change the ticket type? I am afraid they will say no since it would involve a refund. Your thoughts?

A question regarding a RunDisney vacation package. Our trip includes room, MYW tickets and dining. The full package has been paid for since we leave in 3 days. I would like to DOWNGRADE my tickets for the three us us from hopper to just one park one day. The RunDisney office is not open today due to the holiday and the regular cast members on the WDW phone line can't touch the reservation. I will try calling first thing tomorrow, any chance they will let me change the ticket type? I am afraid they will say no since it would involve a refund. Your thoughts?
Regardless of the refund, I’d expect you to have to pay a late change penalty.

We are taking my step daughter on a trip in February, and we are purchasing her ticket. It will be a FL resident ticket, and I would like to add her to my MDE to make FPs for all of us. How do I do that? Also, how does attaching a magic band (already purchased) to her ticket work?

We are taking my step daughter on a trip in February, and we are purchasing her ticket. It will be a FL resident ticket, and I would like to add her to my MDE to make FPs for all of us. How do I do that? Also, how does attaching a magic band (already purchased) to her ticket work?

Add her name in your MDE account.
Then, order her ticket from your MDE account.
Connect that ticket to her name in the MDE account.
Add the Magic Band's number to your MDE account and connect it to her name.

Was really hoping tickets bought today would be good through 2019 but looks like they STILL only go through 12/31/2018. Guess they will move the date to 2019 when ticket prices go up next. Any one with more intel on this than me? Am planning on spring break next year tenatively but maybe before then. Taking kiddo on first ski trip this winter so future trips will be based on how that goes. She may either Hate or love skiing - we shall see!

I have purchased a three-day ticket for myself and a two-day ticket for my wife online, and have recieved a single barcode (with a blue background) indicating I can show it at the park entrance. I have read the explanation in this thread that, with such a bar code, I can simply get in line at the gate.

However, on my first morning at WDW I will be going to Animal Kingdom solo, with my wife only joining me the next day (hence her having a two-day ticket). I am hoping to RD this first morning at AK, but am not staying at a Disney resort and will not have an opportunity to pick up tickets the day prior. If I simply get in the ordinary line and show the bar code (and my credit card/ID) will they give me physical tickets for both my wife and I (with me just pocketing my wife’s ticket, which will not be activated/utilized until the next day)?

Many thanks, and sorry if this is a silly question. I’m sure I could relatively easily sort it out on the day of, but would prefer to know what to expect to hopefully be able to get into the park as swiftly as possible without unexpected issues.

I have purchased a three-day ticket for myself and a two-day ticket for my wife online, and have recieved a single barcode (with a blue background) indicating I can show it at the park entrance...
If I simply get in the ordinary line and show the bar code (and my credit card/ID) will they give me physical tickets for both my wife and I (with me just pocketing my wife’s ticket, which will not be activated/utilized until the next day)?.
They should. No reason not to.

:welcome: to the DISboards, evilmoonemperor!

I’m torn about getting PH for our trip in March - was planning on playing it by ear and upgrading on site if we ended up wanting to hop. Currently have MYW package with 9d base tix.

However, going on the assumption that tix prices may likely increase between now and then given historical timing, wondering how this could impact the plan. Will adding PH still only cost whatever the ‘flat’ PH fee is (currently $75) or will the charge be the full difference to get up to what the new 9d PH full price would be (ie, also paying any increase in base tix rate in addition to flat PH fee?)

Hypothetical round numbers for examples:

Base tix paid already = $430
New base tix price = $450
PH option flat fee = $75 (pretend that this remains unchanged)

Should on-site upgrade to PH cost $75? or $95 (incld $20 of base tix increase)?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter