Things to do after the park closes for the day?

They've pushed off their opening until the end of July. No new content to show.
I was just reading that top movie in the box office last weekend was Jurrasic Park (1994) and Jaws came in in second. These drive-ins had a good idea I bet AMC is going to do something like that. They are declaring bankruptcy I think they have to do something.

How much time should I plan to get from MK or AK to to fantasia gardens? I'm thinking to reserve a spot on Sunday.

Can you make a ressie for mini-golf? Have never done mini-golf at WDW and would like to try it. Will make ressie if they take them.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if we have a mobile order we can enter other resorts? Say we leave MK at park close and want to have dinner/check out one of the deluxe resorts (never stepped foot in one before!) so if we go on and mobile order at their quick service location will we be allowed access to shop and stroll and eat?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if we have a mobile order we can enter other resorts? Say we leave MK at park close and want to have dinner/check out one of the deluxe resorts (never stepped foot in one before!) so if we go on and mobile order at their quick service location will we be allowed access to shop and stroll and eat?
You can visit all the resorts if you take Disney transportation or walk to them.
The only way to park your own car is by having a dining reservations, i haven't read anyone doing so with just a mobile order

DW and I have 4 - 4 night trips planned for Oct, Dec, Jan and March to optimize our AP/TIW and to not lose our DVC points. We have already discussed out 'new' routine. Normally we like to slep in late, park visit a couple hours, back to the resort for a nap/rest (we're in our mid-60s and like our naps), and then park visit in the evening. We'll now we plan on doing away with the nap time, and instead get DVD's to watch in our villa in the evening. Bring on the popcorn!

Does anyone know how the bar/lounge situation has been at resorts lately? That's normally our go-to activity after the parks. Thinking about The Wave, Enchanted Rose, Abracadabar, and Bar Riva at the Riviera. I wonder if it's getting too crowded or if it's mainly grab and go.

You can visit all the resorts if you take Disney transportation or walk to them.
The only way to park your own car is by having a dining reservations, i haven't read anyone doing so with just a mobile order

I am just wondering if this is still what they are doing now that the number of visitors is way down and there wouldn't be a concern with capacity at the various resorts.

I am just wondering if this is still what they are doing now that the number of visitors is way down and there wouldn't be a concern with capacity at the various resorts.
This is the current guidelines. They won't even let you park at pop if you're not staying there. They are being very strict with parking

This is the current guidelines. They won't even let you park at pop if you're not staying there. They are being very strict with parking

ok thanks, i would've thought they would show some flexibility to enhance the experience in the age of Covid-19 but there must be some reason for not allowing you to drive into another resort for a visit.

Does anyone know how the bar/lounge situation has been at resorts lately? That's normally our go-to activity after the parks. Thinking about The Wave, Enchanted Rose, Abracadabar, and Bar Riva at the Riviera. I wonder if it's getting too crowded or if it's mainly grab and go.

We stayed at Boardwalk the weekend before last... were able to get into Abracadabar, but it closed at like 10. Was also at Bar Riva Saturday night around 8:00. There were seats available, but it is pretty small. Honestly, once Disney Springs closes its pretty dead everywhere. We snagged a 9:45 pm dinner reservation at Raglan Road, and a 9:30 at Homecomin' just so we could relax with a late dinner and drinks.

We are planning our October trip. Will have DD, age 25 and her newly minted fiancé in tow, who’s never been to Disney. We are staying at the Vistana, which is currently rolling up their pools along with the sidewalks at 7 pm. And no hot tubs. I am going to make in park dining ressies at park close for our park days. Can we then make a ressie just for drinks and dessert at places in DS? Trying to imagine how to extend the evening as long as possible. They are normally sleep till 11, go to pool, hit the parks at 5 kind of people. A.K.A. Why we stay at the Vistana.
And hoping they resume 10 day tickets! Or APs.

Last edited:
We stayed at Boardwalk the weekend before last... were able to get into Abracadabar, but it closed at like 10. Was also at Bar Riva Saturday night around 8:00. There were seats available, but it is pretty small. Honestly, once Disney Springs closes its pretty dead everywhere. We snagged a 9:45 pm dinner reservation at Raglan Road, and a 9:30 at Homecomin' just so we could relax with a late dinner and drinks.

Thanks for letting me know. Many of the bars seem so small that I just can't imagine many people can be inside at a time. With little else to do, I just don't want to have to wait to get into every bar like it's Trader Sam's.

Staying at BLT the first week in October. One evening will be swimming at the Pool and grab a light dinner from Cove Bar. :drinking1
We plan to go one evening (via bus) to the Wilderness Lodge, we want to eat/drink at Geyser Point and visit that Resort since we have never been there. But we'll have to Uber/Lyft back to BLT.
I also hope one evening to visit the Boardwalk area and then we have a dinner Reservation at B&C. Will BW even be worth visiting? It seems a lot is still closed.
I refuse to visit Disney Springs on this trip - given the lack of mask compliance and distancing by the patrons, and lack of care by CM's there.
Loving the ideas - keep them coming...

Staying at BLT the first week in October. One evening will be swimming at the Pool and grab a light dinner from Cove Bar. :drinking1
We plan to go one evening (via bus) to the Wilderness Lodge, we want to eat/drink at Geyser Point and visit that Resort since we have never been there. But we'll have to Uber/Lyft back to BLT.
I also hope one evening to visit the Boardwalk area and then we have a dinner Reservation at B&C. Will BW even be worth visiting? It seems a lot is still closed.
I refuse to visit Disney Springs on this trip - given the lack of mask compliance and distancing by the patrons, and lack of care by CM's there.
Loving the ideas - keep them coming...

I would still visit the Boardwalk area. As of now, the Screen Door store is open. Abracadabra is as well, and that’s a nice spot for a drink. Multiple restaurants open in the Swan, as well as Martha’s Vineyard Lounge at BC.

More places could potentially be open in October since Yacht Club opens on 8/24 and the Dolphin will be open again after MLS leaves. I would anticipate a livelier Boardwalk by that timeframe!

Just got back. Honestly, with the heat and being in the park all day we were exhausted. We are normally rode drop/afternoon break/evening back in parks type of tourers, so this was a big change for us.

I would still visit the Boardwalk area. As of now, the Screen Door store is open. Abracadabra is as well, and that’s a nice spot for a drink. Multiple restaurants open in the Swan, as well as Martha’s Vineyard Lounge at BC.

More places could potentially be open in October since Yacht Club opens on 8/24 and the Dolphin will be open again after MLS leaves. I would anticipate a livelier Boardwalk by that timeframe!

Great information - Thank you for your help!

Please note that Winter-Summerland is currently closed and no re-opening date has been announced.

It may be necessary to take a bus to DS and then a second bus to your resort should you choose to visit a resort after park closing as in the example above. I believe buses normally run from the parks for about 90 mins after park closing?
ok thanks, i would've thought they would show some flexibility to enhance the experience in the age of Covid-19 but there must be some reason for not allowing you to drive into another resort for a visit.
Some people attempt to park at the resorts to avoid parking fees at the parks. Requiring a dining reservation stops this from happening.

I love resort hoping to see all of the different theming details. I also love to go to the boardwalk at night and enjoy the atmosphere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter