Things to do after the park closes for the day?

Im a big fan of the blue surgical ones, the fabric ones are not breathable and very uncomfortable for me, I've done the parks with the blue ones and can handle it better

Awesome, looks like Amazon has a lot in stock. I just ordered a pack that'll arrive in time for my trip.

Im a big fan of the blue surgical ones, the fabric ones are not breathable and very uncomfortable for me, I've done the parks with the blue ones and can handle it better
We just bought a box. They do seem better than the clothe ones. I have been wearing one today while I sand the deck. Wore a clothe one yesterday and my face and nose were pretty sweaty.

Can you provide a link or a name for the blue surgical masks that you find most comfortable? I've been using cloth ones and find in the extreme heat they get difficult to wear after an hour or so. I've heard some people suggest paper disposable masks may be more comfortable but I haven't tried them yet

Can you provide a link or a name for the blue surgical masks that you find most comfortable? I've been using cloth ones and find in the extreme heat they get difficult to wear after an hour or so. I've heard some people suggest paper disposable masks may be more comfortable but I haven't tried them yet

I just searched "disposable face mask" on Amazon and there are lots of options with prime shipping. I got a box of 50 for $19.

It looks like the beach volleyball net is up at the Poly--so feel free to do that if your party is big enough to field two volleyball teams :).

I agree with other posters that this is the year to appreciate more downtime. I also plan on dining more at other resorts than in the past so I have more places to explore and appreciate after dinner. On our AK day, I think we might schedule dinner at the Wave, Whispering Canyon or Grand Floridian Cafe before heading back to the Poly. If the boats are running to/from MK we might take those to travel between resorts for a little pleasure cruise. Last thought: I'd bet the resort staff are going to be asked to come up with more daily kid activities that can be accomplished with social distancing.

We made dining reservations for 5-10 minutes before park closing every night. For places like HS or Epcot where it's later closing times and we would have already had dinner, it's to have dessert and a nightcap. We also plan on mini golfing at Fantasia gardens one evening (open until 10) and will enjoy spending evening sitting out on the patio/balcony. I'm sure we will take some late night swims as well.

We made dining reservations for 5-10 minutes before park closing every night. For places like HS or Epcot where it's later closing times and we would have already had dinner, it's to have dessert and a nightcap. We also plan on mini golfing at Fantasia gardens one evening (open until 10) and will enjoy spending evening sitting out on the patio/balcony. I'm sure we will take some late night swims as well.
That sounds like a good plan! Allows you to hang around in the park a little longer and relax! I think we're going to have to finally try mini golf too. So many trips to WDW and we've never hit mini-golf at either location.

Yeah this is my plan exactly! I like the lightweight surgical ones. Will wear one and carry at least two backups on park days.

I've been trying to figure this out, too. Figured one or two nights we'd stroll around DS, get some pool time, and Fantasia Gardens mini golf is open until 10:00pm, I think? I like the idea of seeing a movie.
I thought the movie theaters were still closed.

I thought the movie theaters were still closed.

If you have a car then the theater at Universal is open. we walked by it yesterday and it appears to just be showing older classic movies. That might be something different to do.

Went to fantasia gardens. They are taking your temp at the entrance. You can walkup or call to make a reservation, thre we're about 3 families playing, it's like 104 degrees :)

How much time should I plan to get from MK or AK to to fantasia gardens? I'm thinking to reserve a spot on Sunday.

How much time should I plan to get from MK or AK to to fantasia gardens? I'm thinking to reserve a spot on Sunday.
Are you driving, ubering or using Disney transportation? There's no real direct route there using Disney transportation from AK/MK if the Swan/Dolphin aren't open.

Are you driving, ubering or using Disney transportation? There's no real direct route there using Disney transportation from AK/MK if the Swan/Dolphin aren't open.

I'm planning on using uber and/or Disney transportation, I figured renting a car would be more hassle than it is worth.

Piggybacking off my DS question, like the title says I’m looking for suggestions of things to do outside the parks right now. We’re looking at coming to Orlando in a couple weeks, but my DD is begging to go to Seaworld, so we may not be going to the Disney parks this time. (Wahhhhhh!). But I have to get my Disney fix!! I also have a gift card to spend. ;) Any suggestions other than DS? I was thinking maybe a dinner reservation at AKL, or Fantasia Gardens mini golf. Any other ideas? Thanks!!

Piggybacking off my DS question, like the title says I’m looking for suggestions of things to do outside the parks right now. We’re looking at coming to Orlando in a couple weeks, but my DD is begging to go to Seaworld, so we may not be going to the Disney parks this time. (Wahhhhhh!). But I have to get my Disney fix!! I also have a gift card to spend. ;) Any suggestions other than DS? I was thinking maybe a dinner reservation at AKL, or Fantasia Gardens mini golf. Any other ideas? Thanks!!
Merged you to the existing thread. Other than those you mentioned there's nothing else, splitsville, that's DS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts