Things to do after the park closes for the day?

I know that they are taking reservations, but I have no idea how busy they normally get or how busy they have been lately. I can't imagine a reservation would be hard to get the day or week of, but you could get a reservation if you're not so sure.
Thanks for letting me know that you can make reservation for the mini-golf! Do we call? Which number to call? I am not aware of any online reservation for the mini-golf. TIA!

Are the resorts doing movies under the stars now? Or has that been stopped as well?

That was always a lot of fun.
Reports from the DVC resorts from the first week say they have the movies under the stars. Spots marked with towels for social distancing. Boardwalk and beach club villas were alternating days for the movies...so depending on your resort there may not be a movie there every night.

If you have a car, head to universals city walk. Their miniature golf is open. We did this earlier in the month. Lots of fun.

I'm actually planning to do a couple days at Universal also! It will be my first time in Florida and not sure when I'll be back so trying to hit both Disney and Universal.

I was mistaken, the wording must have changed yesterday. Only Fantasia is open not Winter Summerland
here's the number to call, it looks like it opens at 10am 4075604870 option 5 to speak to a CM

I just called and the cast member said that number is not taking reservations and that I need to call the "wdw play". He also mentioned the wdw play number is not operational currently. They are open and taking walk-ups though! So that's a positive.

I just called and the cast member said that number is not taking reservations and that I need to call the "wdw play". He also mentioned the wdw play number is not operational currently. They are open and taking walk-ups though! So that's a positive.
Awesome!! I'll head over tomorrow evening and see what the situation is

It would be cool if they could show the fireworks shows on the in-room TVs and still pipe in the music around the resort at 10PM. Maybe switch it up to different shows on different nights (Wishes, Fantasmic, Happily Ever After). Better than nothing. I'm also not sure why they had to cancel the Electrical Water Pageant. It was never one of those things that drew a crowd--seems like it would be easy to keep your distance.

The movie under the stars is a good one. We saw Moana at the Poly a few years ago with a Dole Whip in hand--very cool.

Even though you can't make dining reservations at the Boardwalk ( still as of today ) I would check at the Dolphin or Swan. They are also right on the boardwalk but not park of the Disney brand so they may allow a reservation.

I also read that the Fantasia Golf Course ( mini golf ) will be open and it's also within walking distance of this area.

News from June 9th, Walt Disney World’s Swan and Dolphin will be officially reopening their doors at the end of July.

After hours, when I'm feeling a bit too awake, I have been known to take a walk to DS even if it's just to walk from one end of it to the other. Some of the stuff out there looks really cool at night. I'm sure there will even be the possibility of sitting down and grabbing a drink somewhere if a place has enough outdoor seating.

Normally, I'd say that we want to do a Skyliner bar crawl. I'm not sure if we'll be able to do that, though. The QS/bars don't take reservations so the "you need an ADR to get into the hotel" thing is confusing. Maybe that's still just disboards chatter or maybe it means you really can't do any QS/bar visits outside of where you're staying.

It would be cool if they could show the fireworks shows on the in-room TVs and still pipe in the music around the resort at 10PM. Maybe switch it up to different shows on different nights (Wishes, Fantasmic, Happily Ever After). Better than nothing. I'm also not sure why they had to cancel the Electrical Water Pageant. It was never one of those things that drew a crowd--seems like it would be easy to keep your distance.

The movie under the stars is a good one. We saw Moana at the Poly a few years ago with a Dole Whip in hand--very cool.

Yeah, I was curious about the Water Pageant as well. I am wondering if it has nothing to do with Social Distancing and more to do with the construction in and around the bridge between GF and MK (where the pageant sleeps at night). I have not been over there and the photos I have seen are months old, but it may be inconvenient for them to open the swing bridge right now in it's construction phase.

Again, I could be totally off base. I have nothing to back that up. It just didn't seem like Social Distancing was a reason to cancel as often people watch from their rooms or gather at a safe distance anyway.

Yeah, I was curious about the Water Pageant as well. I am wondering if it has nothing to do with Social Distancing and more to do with the construction in and around the bridge between GF and MK (where the pageant sleeps at night). I have not been over there and the photos I have seen are months old, but it may be inconvenient for them to open the swing bridge right now in it's construction phase.

Again, I could be totally off base. I have nothing to back that up. It just didn't seem like Social Distancing was a reason to cancel as often people watch from their rooms or gather at a safe distance anyway.

I would reason a guess that if they had to cancel one show, they'd have to cancel them all. It does make sense. Even the least popular shows gather a crowd, and when the more popular shows are off the list, those less popular shows are likely to see a surge.

I would reason a guess that if they had to cancel one show, they'd have to cancel them all. It does make sense. Even the least popular shows gather a crowd, and when the more popular shows are off the list, those less popular shows are likely to see a surge.

I guess I never thought of the water pageant as a show before. Since I only ever see it from my room when I have one facing the lake. I’ve never gone to it. Not even sure I would know where and when to go.

Went to fantasia gardens. They are taking your temp at the entrance. You can walkup or call to make a reservation, thre we're about 3 families playing, it's like 104 degrees :)

Thank you for the update! On a slightly different topic, any recommendations on type of face coverings I should bring on the trip?

Are you sure about this? I saw a YouTube video the other day where someone staying at SSR had the character breakfast at Topolino’s.
If that is the blogger I follow, they were at Boardwalk Inn when they went to Topolino’s. They are DVC and SSR is their home resort.

If that is the blogger I follow, they were at Boardwalk Inn when they went to Topolino’s. They are DVC and SSR is their home resort.

It was someone else, the one I was watching isn't a DVC member.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!