Things to do after the park closes for the day?

I was just reading that top movie in the box office last weekend was Jurrasic Park (1994) and Jaws came in in second. These drive-ins had a good idea I bet AMC is going to do something like that. They are declaring bankruptcy I think they have to do something.
Honestly, at this point I would be happy to pay to see any great movie on the big screen with some popcorn, a giant soda, and a box of candy. I just want to go back to the show for crying out loud :sad:.

Honestly, at this point I would be happy to pay to see any great movie on the big screen with some popcorn, a giant soda, and a box of candy. I just want to go back to the show for crying out loud :sad:.
AMC is starting to reopen... at 30% I guess we will see what movies they put out

When we were at Universal 2 weeks ago, the theater there was open and showing all the classic blockbusters for $5/show. We were looking for options in case Hurricane Isasias was an issue, but ended up not needing to because we only got a little bit of rain that Sunday morning.

Hi all, apologies if this was asked elsewhere- but with the time restrictions and parks/restaurants closing early, what is everyone doing after 7/8pm? I am attempting a trip in October, with myself and my 9 year old girl. We have been to WDW many many times, always staying on-property, so we know the usual activities (which are now non-existent). Thank you for your advice and tips! ***I should note, I'm going to try and get the latest dining reservations for dinner, to help stretch the evening. This is my only strategy though. Ideas?

Which resort are you staying at?

The obvious options are:
  • Dinner at Disney Springs or a restaurant that's open later (e.g. Beaches n Cream).
  • Evening pool swim. My wife loves swimming at night.
  • Outdoor movie at one of the resorts. When we visited last month, these were still being shown at night.
  • Resort hopping. Head over to (for example) the Magic Kingdom, explore the 3 Monorail resorts, have a later meal at one of them.

We are staying at Boulder Ridge Villas.
Yes, we are definitely going to try and get in on the last reservations, which seem to happen around the 7-8pm hour, which will help tremendously.

Those are great ideas - I would also like to pin trade, we LOVE that. If they are still offering it. I heard it was, but not how it used to be. But that's ok. We can adapt.

Last edited:
We are staying at Boulder Ridge Villas.
You can get a reservation at the Wilderness Lodge's Whispering Canyon as late as 8:55.

Hopefully, you can take the boat back, if you decide to visit the Monorail Resorts. Even if you can't, it will be a cheap Uber trip back.

Also, Boulder Ridge should be showing "Movies Under the Stars". You can always call to confirm the movies schedule.

We were at Disney (VGF/BWV/AKV) 7/25-8/8 with our 20 and 16 yr old DDs. It was so hot, we were all just glad to be maskless in our a/c in the room when the parks closed. The girls enjoyed being on their devices and watching the TV--especially any Disney specific stuff. Dh and I would sit out on the balcony. I brought travel games, but we never used them.

You can get a reservation at the Wilderness Lodge's Whispering Canyon as late as 8:55.

Hopefully, you can take the boat back, if you decide to visit the Monorail Resorts. Even if you can't, it will be a cheap Uber trip back.

That was my next question: Is UBER allowed for pickups/drop offs?

Hi all, apologies if this was asked elsewhere- but with the time restrictions and parks/restaurants closing early, what is everyone doing after 7/8pm? I am attempting a trip in October, with myself and my 9 year old girl. We have been to WDW many many times, always staying on-property, so we know the usual activities (which are now non-existent). Thank you for your advice and tips! ***I should note, I'm going to try and get the latest dining reservations for dinner, to help stretch the evening. This is my only strategy though. Ideas?
So I'm just going to throw this out there. Rent a golf cart at Fort Wilderness and go looping, looking at all the Halloween decorations at the campsites. The carts are a little pricey but everything at WDW is. They run $67 for a 24 hour period (obviously you can't take it back to your hotel so once your done with it, you're done). I have rented carts for the day a couple of times when I wasn't staying there and we really enjoyed it. Both times were at Christmas. This will be my first time looping at Halloween and I'll have my own cart this time.

So I'm just going to throw this out there. Rent a golf cart at Fort Wilderness and go looping, looking at all the Halloween decorations at the campsites. The carts are a little pricey but everything at WDW is. They run $67 for a 24 hour period (obviously you can't take it back to your hotel so once your done with it, you're done). I have rented carts for the day a couple of times when I wasn't staying there and we really enjoyed it. Both times were at Christmas. This will be my first time looping at Halloween and I'll have my own cart this time.

WOW this actually sounds like a GREAT idea! Can you take the golf cart off of the campsites? Do you think there's that much to see? $67 doesn't sound bad for a few hours of roaming around. Clearly we wouldn't need it for 24 hours.

I visit FW during the Halloween and Christmas season to see the campers decorations and ive never rented a golf cart, but i like walking. It's very easy to spend a couple of hours walking around the loops, then just bus back to the entrance and bus to DS

WOW this actually sounds like a GREAT idea! Can you take the golf cart off of the campsites? Do you think there's that much to see? $67 doesn't sound bad for a few hours of roaming around. Clearly we wouldn't need it for 24 hours.
I've rented one for our total stay several times before. Pick up is at 1:00pm. The times we used it for just the day I got to the Fort around 10:00 once and picked it up. The second time it wasn't ready until 1:00 so it just depends. This was during Christmas both times and obviously it was before things changed so much. As far as off the campsites, you can use it anywhere on Fort Wilderness property, not just in the loops. We went to the boat docks early, took them across to the Magic Kingdom and hit the monorail loop resorts and came back for dinner. Then we looped around the campground looking at all the Christmas decorations at people's sites. We turned the cart in around 11:00pm. I believe the Chip and Dale and campfire is not open now but they are showing movies there. I also think you can get pre-made smores. It's fun and would qualify for something to do after the parks close.

Last edited:
Honestly I'm so tired after being in the park all day that I have no energy for "nightlife". I grab some dinner and unwind.

Those are great ideas - I would also like to pin trade, we LOVE that. If they are still offering it. I heard it was, but not how it used to be. But that's ok. We can adapt.
My daughter and I got a pressed coin book and started collecting pressed coins the last time we were there.

My daughter and I got a pressed coin book and started collecting pressed coins the last time we were there.
Love this idea. About the cheapest form of entertainment on property and you get a souvenir, too. Was thinking of doing a Polynesian scavenger hunt for the kids for our stay in October, but that may be too much work. Maybe just a to-do list like Volcano Pool slide, watch sunset, stroll to Grand Floridian, Dole Whip, lobby coin press, get something in the gift shop to bring back to Grandma, round trip boat ride, read a book on the beach...stuff like that.

Honestly I'm so tired after being in the park all day that I have no energy for "nightlife". I grab some dinner and unwind.

That's pretty much us also. We would rather call it an early night and get some rest for the next day. We were there last year during the hurricane and the parks were so dead that we were able to do a lot, eat dinner and leave the park around 5 or 6.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter