things I wish Disney World hotels have

Two things:
1. Bus arrivals at stops that you can track in mde. Example: you check at the grandstand bus stop in SSR and you can see when the next bus for MK will arrive all in the app.

2. Lazy rivers at the resorts. I am really going to miss the wbc water features when we stay on site this time

Westin Heavenly beds.

Only if they could be down free. I know I'm far from the only person allergic to down.

I think showing bus times of the tv in your room sounds great. But the times seem to change quite a lot, in my experience. I can just see Mr Smith pitching a fit because his tv screen said the bus was coming at 1:30 and once the family got to the bus depot it had already came and went.

I love the Disney hotels, from the All Stars to the Grand Floridian, and I've stayed at most of them. Here is what I wish they had:
1. Room selections for guests. One can pick his own room instead of having Disney pick it. (Disney can make only the lesser favored rooms available for public choosing such that people who don't want to bother picking are not at a disadvantage.)
2. Bus, boat, and monorail schedule and GPS locations on the MDE app.
3. The dining plan credits do not expire for say, 20 years. That way people have incentive to save up the extra credits for future trips when the kids are older and eat more, instead of buying a bunch of junk to bring home. Also give them an incentive to go back to WDW because they still have food there!
4. The DVC program includes a value version for the value hotels.
I find your “Wish List” highly unrealistic. I agree completely with @_auroraborealis_

Yes to have dining credits allowed to carry over to your next vacation would be fantastic.

What I wish that the deluxe resorts would - and personally should have considering the price you pay to stay in a deluxe resort - is nightly turndown service. When we stay at other hotels and pay the same price, we get turndown service. To have the used towels taken away, the little piece of chocolate on your pillow is such a nice touch. (Now I know they do it at the GF but I think they should have it at all deluxe Disney resorts)
I love turn down service and we have received it at wilderness lodge. I believe it is available at all the deluxe resorts. So nice to come back at the end of a long day in the parks to find the sheets turned down and a little treat!

Suites that had more than one real bed. We don't like pull outs or pull downs as all adults. Universal's Cabana Bay has two beds in their suites! and has 2BR suites!
Yes!!! This is another gripe I have with Disney's suite options. (Other than the high price, LOL.) You still only get 1 real bed. Seriously? For upwards of $300-$400/night, I expect more than 1 real bed and would rather not use pull out couches and fold down tables and chairs!

Yes!!! This is another gripe I have with Disney's suite options. (Other than the high price, LOL.) You still only get 1 real bed. Seriously? For upwards of $300-$400/night, I expect more than 1 real bed and would rather not use pull out couches and fold down tables and chairs!

Yes!!! Forgot to add that - we always pay for a lot for a 1 bedroom villa for a family of 4. well 2 of us are sleeping on an amazing king bed while 2 of us are sleeping on a very uncomfortable pull out sofa :mad:

I wish Disney would invest in water chillers for the pools. I have been in a number at various resorts (POFQ, ASM, CBR, etc.) that feel like bath water in the summer time! Failing that, how about an ice block or two?

This is more of something I wish they HAD NOT as supposed to did and that is having the majority of the resorts have the large campus layout that they do. Could have worked in a place like California but not in "raining every other hour" Florida. Honestly, what were they thinking with this? You know it's gotten ridiculous when you have to take a bus from your room just to get to the lobby of your own hotel!

To compensate for that how about a resort people mover that will get you to the main building of your resort quicker and more efficiently than walking 5 miles or waiting for a bus.

Instead of having everyone fight each other at the 180 day mark for an ADR, how about some form of priority seating system for Disney guests only? Or at the very least, allow Disney guests to make dining reservations first like with the FPs? I mean, they are the ones being forced to stay on property.

How about real towels? I don't mind reusing a nice towel but Disney towels are so thin, they seem more like paper towels.

More bunk bed options. Even trundles would work better for my kids than a full or queen where they kick each other all night long.

LOL @ most of this thread. Just LOL.

Almost everything people wish for relate to value and cost. EVERYTHING Disney does is a calculated effort to get you to spend more money.

Don't like waiting for a bus, spend more money at a Monorail resort.
Thing 2 queen beds don't have enough room for a family of 5, spend more money on a 1 bedroom.
ect
ect
ect

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter