They changed the fish. . . . .

Sigh time to switch that order from fish & chips to Corned Beef And Cabbage when we go next week. And isn't this the same manager that dropped the steak because we wasn't British enough? Sounds like another cost cutting manager.
Well...........
Corned beef is not an Irish dish so they're likely not done "cleansing" the menu to make it more British.
The New York Irish learned about Corned Beef from their Jewish neighbors in the mid to late eighteen and early nineteen hundreds.

Fish and Chips were always our first stop - my DH loves it there. The difference I see is that Tilapia is a much thinner fish. I am sure my DH will try it and see how it is. Sad when they change a good thing.

This is disappointing. Hopefully the management will pay attention to the practically guaranteed negative feedback they will get and change it back to whatever whitefish it was that at least resembled cod. It will be off my list until then, I'll get fish and chips at Liberty Tree Tavern instead.

Tilapia is also called “St. Peter’s Fish” since legend has it that it was the type of fish that was produced miraculously when a crowd came to hear a preacher, and He wanted to feed 5,000 people with 5 loaves of bread and 2 small fish so that they would stay and hear Him. ;)

I wonder if they changed the fish and chips at Harbour House at MK. Last year my son loved them there we had to eat there 3 times! This May we went and he got the fish and chips and he said it tasted different and wouldn't eat it. Hmmmm....maybe they changed up the fried fish everywhere.

I wonder if they changed the fish and chips at Harbour House at MK. Last year my son loved them there we had to eat there 3 times! This May we went and he got the fish and chips and he said it tasted different and wouldn't eat it. Hmmmm....maybe they changed up the fried fish everywhere.
Columbia Harbor House changed their fish too? You're right, maybe its everywhere. THAT ABSOLUTELY STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the walk up for fish and chips at Epcot, we went to have our standard two piece that we have come to enjoy so much and think it is one of the better priced meals. When we mentioned to the order taker how much we enjoyed the dish, she told us we were going to love it even more as they just changed from Cod to Tilapia.

OWD

Umm.. that sentence does not compute.
In what world is this a good thing??? (I am sure she is made to say it that way, phrasing it as a positive)
Ugh

Umm.. that sentence does not compute.
In what world is this a good thing??? (I am sure she is made to say it that way, phrasing it as a positive)
Ugh
The R&C tries to hire Nationals from Great Britain whenever possible.
The order taker may have been one such person and was disgruntled by the switch and was being facetious.
I know I'd be upset if I worked in a restaurant in another country and they touted authentic American Chili, made with chicken.

Captain D's and Long John Silvers know nothing about authentic fish cooking British, Southern or otherwise.

"Authentic fish cooking", huh. I lived in LA long enough to know that Captain D's and LJS happen to represent the pinnacle of the culinary world when it comes to fish and seafood.

Nope just stating my love for catfish.

Bottom feeders like tilapia. It's all yours. I'll stick with the halibut, cod, haddock, and swordfish.

"Authentic fish cooking", huh. I lived in LA long enough to know that Captain D's and LJS happen to represent the pinnacle of the culinary world when it comes to fish and seafood.

Bottom feeders like tilapia. It's all yours. I'll stick with the halibut, cod, haddock, and swordfish.
I've tried and enjoy all of the above, but I still say fried catfish cooked by someone that knows what they're doing is hard to beat. As for the chain seafood restaurants , they may be the pinnacle of the culinary world of seafood in LA, but are pretty much considered a cheap imitation of the real thing, where I come from.

Apparently, the fish and chips inside the Pub or at the restaurant are still cod. Not sure why they decided to change the fish just at the kiosk - maybe because they serve 2 pieces outside vs. 1 piece inside?

Seems likely that its simply because they just farm it from The Land. Does this mean they will change R&C soon?
I would be more inclined to not complain about it, IF they were indeed doing that. But I haven't really seen proof that they actually farm the fish, harvest them and put them on your plate. :( They say they do... but I have yet to actually see it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter