There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!!! I have been MIA so have tons if pages to catch up on. I hope you all are well!

I am so excited to share that my 14 year old son and I are coming back to the World next Tuesday for just a few days. I just booked this yesterday and surprised him last night. Yay! Our other 2 children are not so happy. Lol. But this is a reward trip for really good grades while playing sports working etc. why am I trying to justify this to y'all. Lol. I just want back!!!! And since Teena suggested I need an AP......

Anyway, we aren't staying at BC/YC this trip and will be at POP. I figure he will want to go park commando so hopefully I won't miss my favorite place too much. :-)

Did I miss the meet and greet or is that next week?

Any suggestions on a last minute trip? The CM said to get his ticket next week when here so I can't precook my FP. Is that correct?

Dee- glad you had a great trip!

It is great to see you back. ::yes:: That is so nice of you to take your son for a special trip. Now you'll just have to find excuses to take two more trips, one with each of your other children. ;) Those AP's have a way of enticing people back to WDW. :)

I think the Dis meet is on Monday. :(

We always visit the BC to eat dinner at Cape May when we stay at the WL. It is a must do for us. :)

I returned last night from an 8 day stay at the BC, this was this first time our family had stayed at the BC but had stayed at the YC twice prior. Our room was ready on arrival (I did online check in) at around 10am. We received a 2nd floor GV with the full balcony that we had wanted. From room to Epcot was about a 4 minute walk which was super handy. Apart from the people below us smoking outside we had no issues. We enjoyed the stay very much.

Ask away for any questions:)

OK so... I put on a pot of coffee to brew then sat down to disboards This one is the first post I read! Having forgotten that I put the coffee on..... for just a split second I thought I was in one of those WDW attractions where you SMELL what is on the screen before you! :rotfl2:
rotfl... That would have been great

I need to catch up on the past couple of days of posts, but headed out for the morning soon.

Wanted to post a question I received by PM. I am not at all familiar with the villas, so once again, I am reaching out to my experts here to answer this.

"I was going to request a first floor room (staying in villas in 2BR) over looking quiet pool (traveling with carriage so thought skipping elevator would be great, as well as walking out to pool and skipping all the hallways). Any idea if these rooms are noisy with pool noise at night? Always stayed in high floor in the past- great if you can see illuminations but usually not that lucky! Can't thank you enough for any information!!"

Hi!! Leaving for the world in six days.. We are so excited!! The last time we were there in 2006 I faxed in my room request .. Is it the same procedure now 8 years later? Or should I call directly or e-mail? I tried searching this thread but couldn't find the answer. Thank you!

I returned last night from an 8 day stay at the BC, this was this first time our family had stayed at the BC but had stayed at the YC twice prior. Our room was ready on arrival (I did online check in) at around 10am. We received a 2nd floor GV with the full balcony that we had wanted. From room to Epcot was about a 4 minute walk which was super handy. Apart from the people below us smoking outside we had no issues. We enjoyed the stay very much.

I'm relieved to read this, I remember you were nervous about the room conditions due to other threads on the matter. And then I got nervous because we are there in October. :p

So you liked the resort? Other than being older, the rooms were nice?

So happy to hear everyone is storing up provisions, and willing to share. I'll make sure to save some of the gum in my purse for our potluck party.

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

Safe travels :drive: to all headed to the BC/YC this weekend or early next week. We who will be staying home await your trip reports and pictures :woohoo:. Hope all goes well with the DIS meeting. Please raise a glass and give us a toast when you are dining (or just drinking) at the Crew's Cup :drinking1.

Katesdad

Exactly what he said!

~N

DW and I stayed at the YC for a couple nights at the beginning of the week, after getting DS moved back into his dorm at college in Melbourne. We did not stay CL this time, but while we were in the lobby we were a little stunned when two CM's from CL recognized us and rushed over to say Hi and chat a little. It was great to see them and we promised to stay "upstairs" again some time soon.

Obviously, we have stayed CL at the YC way too many times. ::yes::

Welcome home, and so glad you had a great trip!
I am trying to decide between BC and YC for our June 2015 stay. Can you tell me which one you prefer over the other and why?
Thanks!:)

DW and I stayed at the YC for a couple nights at the beginning of the week, after getting DS moved back into his dorm at college in Melbourne. We did not stay CL this time, but while we were in the lobby we were a little stunned when two CM's from CL recognized us and rushed over to say Hi and chat a little. It was great to see them and we promised to stay "upstairs" again some time soon.

Too funny:rotfl:

You can't ever stay CL too often!!! I would stay CL every time if I could.

Can anyone tell me if the washers and dryers by the quiet pool take coins or credit cards? I've heard some have been changed out to only take credit cards now.

Thanks!

We once arrived for a two week Disney stay and a four day stay at HHI and DH had packed about 20 shirts, 2 pairs of shorts and 2 pairs of underwear. Needless to say I was not a happy camper.

That made me laugh out loud...:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Happy packing!!!

One more day!!! This time tomorrow, we will be boarding our flight!!! :cool1:

BC, here we come!!! :cheer2:

Woohoo! Have a fantastic trip!:cool1::cool1:

It is great to see you back. ::yes:: That is so nice of you to take your son for a special trip. Now you'll just have to find excuses to take two more trips, one with each of your other children. ;) Those AP's have a way of enticing people back to WDW. :)

I think the Dis meet is on Monday. :(

We always visit the BC to eat dinner at Cape May when we stay at the WL. It is a must do for us. :)

Man...I miss it by a day!!!:sad::sad: Oh well, maybe some of those crazy kids will still be passed out from too many Sunken Treasures. :thumbsup2

Glad you had a great trip!:cool1:

That is a great problem to have!!!:):):)

Too funny:rotfl:

You can't ever stay CL too often!!! I would stay CL every time if I could.

That is a great problem to have!!!:):):)

We only stay CL when we can snag a good AP or Florida resident discount, but we would stay CL every time if we could.

We were impressed that some of the CMs really do remember past guests and go out of their way to say hello. The CMs this past week both said "welcome home" and seemed genuinely pleased to see us again. We've even had one of the curbside greeters at the YC remember my DW a couple of times when we were checking in.

Welcome home, and so glad you had a great trip!
I am trying to decide between BC and YC for our June 2015 stay. Can you tell me which one you prefer over the other and why?
Thanks!:)

Both beautiful resorts, rooms and share the pool which is a great bonus. The YC is quieter, for me after a busy day in the parks its nice to not walk into an insane lobby, we were in and out of the BC at all times of the day and there were tons of people in the lobby ALL the time. I know Cape May is a huge draw, which is a big reason for that.

The YC/BC rooms are almost identical, slightly different themes. The YC has the full balcony which was important to us, we were at the BC and were lucky to received one. Our GV's at the YC were both 100x better than our BC GV of giant trees and bushes, plus you could hear traffic on the road these trees are hiding, in fact out of 6 stays at WDW this trip would have the least attractive view. When picking between the 2, I like the BC rooms theme more but again very little difference. BC is closer to Epcot difference between 4 minute or 8 minutes walk...

YC is closer to Hollywood Studios boat and is the first drop/pick up for the buses.

If we are lucky enough to visit WDW again and had the choice between the 2 I would pick the YC.

As for the "state" of the rooms.... Our room was very clean (although hubby found a kids flash light under the bed). There were a few scratches etc on furniture but nothing terrible. The toilet seemed to run FOREVER and you can hear other rooms showers etc... The halls ways etc were clear occasional pieces of trash etc... The biggest issue we experienced was the attitudes of the guests, the "I am on vacation" attitudes. Leaving trash feet from trash cans, letting kids run and scream though the hotel at all hours and the unwillingness to call it a day when your kids are clearly done.

Hi all!
Checked in at BC this morning. Check-in was not pleasant, and that's what the survey is for, but we eventually got a lovely room on the 4th floor, no daybed, small balcony, and a lovely view of the courtyard and main back door of the resort (Crescent Lake side). Spent the afternoon at the studios, or as I now call it, The Frozen Park, swam a bit in SAB, and now preparing for dinner at Flying Fish. Can't wait to see many of you!

We enjoyed our day yesterday in Fayettsville, NC. Had a nice dinner after a short visit to the Spec Ops museum (AWESOME!).

We are now in Savannah, Ga getting ready to go to a musical. Tomorrow we stop by St Augustine, Melbourne and then FINALLY Orlando later in the evening!

Can't wait!

We have BC CL booked for next weekend. I know about the temporary movement of lounge to presidential suite. Just found we could book YC CL for a bit less. We have stayed at both and love both and while i was at first bummed about the change in the BC lounge, I had convinced myself to be intrigued and curious to see. Now I'm second guessing and thinking of moving us to YC. WWYD ?

Hi all!
Checked in at BC this morning. Check-in was not pleasant, and that's what the survey is for, but we eventually got a lovely room on the 4th floor, no daybed, small balcony, and a lovely view of the courtyard and main back door of the resort (Crescent Lake side). Spent the afternoon at the studios, or as I now call it, The Frozen Park, swam a bit in SAB, and now preparing for dinner at Flying Fish. Can't wait to see many of you!

We'll be following along soon, just 36 hours until we leave. :banana::banana::banana:

Hi!! Leaving for the world in six days.. We are so excited!! The last time we were there in 2006 I faxed in my room request .. Is it the same procedure now 8 years later? Or should I call directly or e-mail? I tried searching this thread but couldn't find the answer. Thank you!

Hey aloha.

They no longer take the faxed reservation. You can make several different request on the online checkin with a drop down box on the main Disney page. I would also call the reservation office and get them to note your request on your reservation.

Hope they helps and have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter