There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to catch up on the past couple of days of posts, but headed out for the morning soon.

Wanted to post a question I received by PM. I am not at all familiar with the villas, so once again, I am reaching out to my experts here to answer this.

"I was going to request a first floor room (staying in villas in 2BR) over looking quiet pool (traveling with carriage so thought skipping elevator would be great, as well as walking out to pool and skipping all the hallways). Any idea if these rooms are noisy with pool noise at night? Always stayed in high floor in the past- great if you can see illuminations but usually not that lucky! Can't thank you enough for any information!!"

1st floor, facing quiet pool is where we stayed 2yrs ago and is what we requested for our trip in 4 days. Love, love this location one reason being able to walk to the buses without going though the whole resort. Noise was not a problem whatsoever.

Did I mention 4 more days!!!! Question, This trip and our last one we rented points thru my sis and now my co-worker, both times when resv. was made by them they added the room request at booking and both times I called a week out to confirm and add request. Now do I go ahead and do on-line checking, or will that mess everything up? I've just been noticing more and more posts of rooms being ready early, but then again it could be the resort not dvc rooms. Thanks again for all your help and wishing everyone who's there or will be there a very magical trip. See ya soon

So excited that so many of you are on your way!!! I can't wait for the alarm tomorrow morning at 5 AM so I can get to work and see you all!!! Safe travels to everyone and see you real soon!!!!! Today I finish all the wash, do some ironing, pack for my Tuesday trip to Jeanne's and Lily's, and do food shopping so Bob doesn't starve while I'm gone.

We are en route. See you tomorrow!!

Rebecca

I think I have the Be Our Guest list updated with all of the new additions and changes. Please look it over and let me know if I need to make any revisions.

Thanks!

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

A BIG THANK YOU AGAIN DEE FOR THE TIME YOU PUT IN ON THIS THREAD!

And to all my Y&BC Club friends.....You don't know how much I wish I could see you all this week. I'll be there in spirit.

A BIG THANK YOU AGAIN DEE FOR THE TIME YOU PUT IN ON THIS THREAD!

And to all my Y&BC Club friends.....You don't know how much I wish I could see you all this week. I'll be there in spirit.

And you have no idea how much we all wish you were going to be there with us!!!!!!

So excited that so many of you are on your way!!! I can't wait for the alarm tomorrow morning at 5 AM so I can get to work and see you all!!! Safe travels to everyone and see you real soon!!!!!

Today I finish all the wash, do some ironing, pack for my Tuesday trip to Jeanne's and Lily's, and do food shopping so Bob doesn't starve while I'm gone.

Bob won't starve! There may be a Tasty Cakes care package on it's way to help him survive while you are away :)

Jay

Bob won't starve! There may be a Tasty Cakes care package on it's way to help him survive while you are away :)

Jay

That's so sweet of you!!! If it gets here before I leave on Tuesday, I'll take some with me to the girls. Lily might have been born in Vegas, but she has our South Jersey roots!!!

Can't believe I'm going to miss you and the family again this year. You have to promise to move up your vacation next year!

Ok...... I admit I haven't been paying attention lately, but when and where is the DIS meet this week? I seem to recall that it is this Monday (8/18), but I'm not 100% certain.

My DW is going to be away on a business trip this week, and I may drive over to meet everyone (it's less than hour from our house to the Y&BC).

Thanks.

Ed

Ok...... I admit I haven't been paying attention lately, but when and where is the DIS meet this week? I seem to recall that it is this Monday (8/18), but I'm not 100% certain.

My DW is going to be away on a business trip this week, and I may drive over to meet everyone (it's less than hour from our house to the Y&BC).

Thanks.

Ed

Monday night. I think they are meeting at 6 PM. I'll be there after I clock out at 6:30. We would love you to join us!!!!! Get ahold of Dee today ... she's flying in tomorrow ... but she will give you all the details.

Monday night. I think they are meeting at 6 PM. I'll be there after I clock out at 6:30. We would love you to join us!!!!! Get ahold of Dee today ... she's flying in tomorrow ... but she will give you all the details.

Thanks Teena. I read that Dee is pretty busy today, but I'll send her a PM.

Once the AP rates came out I switched from Pop with free dining to BC standard view for the same price. Granted we don't get free dining but we don't need all that food anyway. For us it is all about location. We have a two year old (at the time of travel) and really like being able to walk to a park/parks. We have stayed at BCV before but never the hotel side.

Since we are both teachers we have to travel during school breaks. We check in Dec. 19-24. Any BC Christmas activities going on during that time? My husband's only request was that we be home for Christmas. Also, I can't seem to find a good picture of the kiddie pool.

Waiting and hoping that someone cancels their CL H20 rooms at either the YC or BC for Nov 21-23. Keeping fingers crossed!!!

We had a CL H20 room at the YC and the cast member talked me out of it- to get an AP discount for a regular H20 room at the YC. He said that I could always transfer back to a CL H20 when the AP discount came out. Yeah right. We should have stayed where we were.

I need to catch up on the past couple of days of posts, but headed out for the morning soon.

Wanted to post a question I received by PM. I am not at all familiar with the villas, so once again, I am reaching out to my experts here to answer this.

"I was going to request a first floor room (staying in villas in 2BR) over looking quiet pool (traveling with carriage so thought skipping elevator would be great, as well as walking out to pool and skipping all the hallways). Any idea if these rooms are noisy with pool noise at night? Always stayed in high floor in the past- great if you can see illuminations but usually not that lucky! Can't thank you enough for any information!!"

I'm DVC, but I've never been on the first floor facing the quiet pool, so I can't comment on noise. I wouldn't count on it being quiet, though. If you have young ones who will be going to sleep early, you might want to re-think this.

Also, while you might be able to walk out your patio door and be right at the pool, that would mean leaving the patio door unlocked. You can't lock them from the outside. If someone is staying in the room, fine. If no one is staying in the room, I would not leave it unlocked. That's just asking for trouble.

Also, do not leave the door open, because you might get a visit from a duck. And I'm not talking about Donald or Daisy.

Safe travels to everyone flying in today. The weather is horrendous. Take shelter alerts in Seaworld

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter