There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to catch up on the past couple of days of posts, but headed out for the morning soon.

Wanted to post a question I received by PM. I am not at all familiar with the villas, so once again, I am reaching out to my experts here to answer this.

"I was going to request a first floor room (staying in villas in 2BR) over looking quiet pool (traveling with carriage so thought skipping elevator would be great, as well as walking out to pool and skipping all the hallways). Any idea if these rooms are noisy with pool noise at night? Always stayed in high floor in the past- great if you can see illuminations but usually not that lucky! Can't thank you enough for any information!!"

We've only been at the quiet pool in the afternoons, and there were never very many people there. The few that were there were quiet. But I don't know what it is like at night. It is a nice area, though. :)

Trying to go to sleep to get up at 2:30 in irder to drive to Raleigh to catch early flight and all I can think of is:

1) I bet Robyn just left a little while ago.
2) I bet Scott had a great dinner at Flying Fish.
3) Can't wait to get back down there.

Aaaaarrrrggggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Trying to go to sleep to get up at 2:30 in irder to drive to Raleigh to catch early flight and all I can think of is:

You would be absolutely correct on #2. They treated us like KINGS. Easily our best Disney dining experience ever. We even chose the bar over our table. Craig behind the bar took incredible care of us! Now, having been up since 3:30 this morning, I'm off to bed without an alarm. Can't wait!

Got our magic bands today!!!! Who hoo!!! Can anyone share the experience of bc cl in presidents suite?

You would be absolutely correct on #2. They treated us like KINGS. Easily our best Disney dining experience ever. We even chose the bar over our table. Craig behind the bar took incredible care of us! Now, having been up since 3:30 this morning, I'm off to bed without an alarm. Can't wait!

Hi all! Checked in at BC this morning. Check-in was not pleasant, and that's what the survey is for, but we eventually got a lovely room on the 4th floor, no daybed, small balcony, and a lovely view of the courtyard and main back door of the resort (Crescent Lake side). Spent the afternoon at the studios, or as I now call it, The Frozen Park, swam a bit in SAB, and now preparing for dinner at Flying Fish. Can't wait to see many of you!

Uh oh...why wasn't the check in "magical"? Had you requested a full balcony or daybed? How many were in your party? (trying to figure out who gets daybeds and who doesn't) did you have to get a roll out bed? Glad you are settling in now though!

Taking my mom and oldest daughter there for dinner on Wednesday and sooo looking forward to it.

Both beautiful resorts, rooms and share the pool which is a great bonus. The YC is quieter, for me after a busy day in the parks its nice to not walk into an insane lobby, we were in and out of the BC at all times of the day and there were tons of people in the lobby ALL the time. I know Cape May is a huge draw, which is a big reason for that.

The YC/BC rooms are almost identical, slightly different themes. The YC has the full balcony which was important to us, we were at the BC and were lucky to received one. Our GV's at the YC were both 100x better than our BC GV of giant trees and bushes, plus you could hear traffic on the road these trees are hiding, in fact out of 6 stays at WDW this trip would have the least attractive view. When picking between the 2, I like the BC rooms theme more but again very little difference. BC is closer to Epcot difference between 4 minute or 8 minutes walk...

YC is closer to Hollywood Studios boat and is the first drop/pick up for the buses.

If we are lucky enough to visit WDW again and had the choice between the 2 I would pick the YC.

As for the "state" of the rooms.... Our room was very clean (although hubby found a kids flash light under the bed). There were a few scratches etc on furniture but nothing terrible. The toilet seemed to run FOREVER and you can hear other rooms showers etc... The halls ways etc were clear occasional pieces of trash etc... The biggest issue we experienced was the attitudes of the guests, the "I am on vacation" attitudes. Leaving trash feet from trash cans, letting kids run and scream though the hotel at all hours and the unwillingness to call it a day when your kids are clearly done.

Thank you for the honest and detailed comparisons! It's funny I was leaning towards Yacht Club and your opinion has swayed me even more. A little serenity after long day in the parks sounds wonderful.
Glad the rooms are in decent shape, but hopefully the rumors of YC room refurb are true and that it happens before my May/June trip. ;)
Sorry about the rude guests, sometimes I'm just amazed by what people think is appropriate behavior. We try to just chuckle at their antics, and wish that everyone could be as cool as us.Lol!:lmao:
This will be our first time staying at the boardwalk area(split stay), we usually stay at the monorail resorts, excited to try something new!
Thanks again and I'm glad you had a great trip!

p. 201-205

Haven't been able to check in here much in the past few days. Today will be a busy one, too. We have our annual family reunion, which is an all-day event. And then tomorrow, I leave for the airport around 11

:cool1:

Please update us to BC CL Dec 3-9, switched dates and not staying at YC

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Will do! :goodvibes

What do you all do on your arrival day? We will be arriving at Yacht Club on Wednesday, September 24th. We live about an hour and a half from Orlando, so when we get there is all up to us (and traffic, of course). We plan on getting there around 1PM, at the latest. Do you guys explore the hotel, the pool, surrounding area, or what? We aren't looking to do a park that day, if we do, it will only be for the fireworks.

My family always heads to a park (MK), but I think heading to the pool or exploring the resort sounds like a great start to your trip.

:)

Am planning on putting in a room request today but am second guessing myself- staying in a 2BR villa. We will have a carriage. Am I better off on a high floor ( quieter, with chance of seeing fireworks from room ) or first floor overlooking quiet pool so we can walk out balcony to pool and skip the elevator? TIA

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for August.

:woohoo:

Not sure about which would be the better request. I can't remember what happens if you leave by the balcony to get to the pool, but I'm not sure you can lock the door from the outside. I would think it would be ok if someone is left in the room, or if you have a clear view, but I wouldn't want to leave the room unlocked while at the pool.

So happy to say can we please be added to the Be Our Guest List.

Its only for one night but its still all good Tuesday Sept. 2nd at the Yacht Club.

I responded a day or so ago, but here is an official :welcome: back.

Yes I have a "Las Vegas" amount of quarters but as lady luck would have it DH installed a new pump on the washer and we are back in business> I have never been this happy to do laundry!

Yes Natebenma I too have gotten pulled aside by TSA all because of a roll of quarters. ever since then I just put the roll in my 3-1-1 bag and its never been a problem . Yes the M & M tube is a great way to transport them. Mini tube goes in the glove box for those darn Florida tolls and the larger one I use for laundry.

One thing I want add to NinjaMom list, a dull USB charger. I found a GE one at Target this week for less than $9.00 and the charging speed is 2.1

Thanks for the suggestion on transporting quarters.

:thumbsup2

:wave2: that's us too! We'll be there opening weekend. We have two teeny tiny little people, so F&W just isn't for us right now. We're avoiding Epcot on the weekend and hoping it's not too crazy other than that.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for September. Which resort?

Wishing everyone leaving this morning a great trip! Think of us poor souls still doing our countdowns while you're off have a good time!:goodvibes

page 206-209

We extended our stay by one day, so we are now at YC from Aug 28 - Sept 2 instead of the first. Decided to stay and go to the first MNSSHP of the year.

Got it! I'll make the change.

Well...AP rate dropped yesterday and I moved from AKL back to YC..it was $9 more for a garden view vs the AKL Pool view...

It will be such a different trip than last month...LoL I don't know how I will survived non-CL and no Commodore Suite! LOL

When is your trip?

:goodvibes

Are there nuts?

Have you seen the RSVP list for the meet.

Nothing but nuts!

:lmao:

Hi everyone!!! I have been MIA so have tons if pages to catch up on. I hope you all are well!

I am so excited to share that my 14 year old son and I are coming back to the World next Tuesday for just a few days. I just booked this yesterday and surprised him last night. Yay! Our other 2 children are not so happy. Lol. But this is a reward trip for really good grades while playing sports working etc. why am I trying to justify this to y'all. Lol. I just want back!!!! And since Teena suggested I need an AP......

Anyway, we aren't staying at BC/YC this trip and will be at POP. I figure he will want to go park commando so hopefully I won't miss my favorite place too much. :-)

Did I miss the meet and greet or is that next week?

Any suggestions on a last minute trip? The CM said to get his ticket next week when here so I can't precook my FP. Is that correct?

Dee- glad you had a great trip!

:wave2:

Good to see you over here! I am excited for your mom and son trip- what a nice treat for a job well done!

So sorry we will miss you for the meet! Do you know where you will be on Tuesday morning? I will be at MK- some solo girl time.

7DMT 9:30 to 10:30
Peter Pan 10:30 to 11:30
Lunch at B.O.G. hopefully around 11
Big Thunder 11:40 to 12:40

:goodvibes

Hope the big group of you who are going soon have a wonderful time! Be sure to update us all about what's going on at the BC. I am especially interested to hear how the room reno's are coming along. We are going in October -- I wish with a discount, but still at rack rate. No discounts for our time at BC! Seems incredibly popular time for BC.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for October.

As far as I know, the work so far has only been in the lounge- no rooms yet. We will do our best to keep everyone posted on how things are coming along.

I returned last night from an 8 day stay at the BC, this was this first time our family had stayed at the BC but had stayed at the YC twice prior. Our room was ready on arrival (I did online check in) at around 10am. We received a 2nd floor GV with the full balcony that we had wanted. From room to Epcot was about a 4 minute walk which was super handy. Apart from the people below us smoking outside we had no issues. We enjoyed the stay very much.

Ask away for any questions:)

Glad you had a great stay- thanks for posting.

Hi!! Leaving for the world in six days.. We are so excited!! The last time we were there in 2006 I faxed in my room request .. Is it the same procedure now 8 years later? Or should I call directly or e-mail? I tried searching this thread but couldn't find the answer. Thank you!

I see MickeyT answered before I got the chance- You should call in your request to the Central Reservations phone number to add your room requests.

:thumbsup2

DW and I stayed at the YC for a couple nights at the beginning of the week, after getting DS moved back into his dorm at college in Melbourne. We did not stay CL this time, but while we were in the lobby we were a little stunned when two CM's from CL recognized us and rushed over to say Hi and chat a little. It was great to see them and we promised to stay "upstairs" again some time soon.

Obviously, we have stayed CL at the YC way too many times. ::yes::

Welcome home, and so glad you had a great trip!
I am trying to decide between BC and YC for our June 2015 stay. Can you tell me which one you prefer over the other and why?
Thanks!:)

I'll pencil you in on the Be Our Guest list for June- you can let us know where you are staying when you decide.

:woohoo:

Can anyone tell me if the washers and dryers by the quiet pool take coins or credit cards? I've heard some have been changed out to only take credit cards now.

Thanks!

As far as I know, it is still quarters. I haven't heard anyone report that it has changed to credit card.

I think I have the Be Our Guest list updated with all of the new additions and changes. Please look it over and let me know if I need to make any revisions.

Thanks!

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Safe travels and WAHOO to everyone there now and leaving this weekend!! We will be heading to the BC next Friday and I cannot wait to get there!! Please post lots of reports and pics for all of us stuck at home with our countdowns....:cool1:

And Dee, I am heading off to my family reunion today as well. Just wanted to mention that perhaps while you are there you might bump into a helpful CM who just might let you take a few pictures of the temporary CL lounge....I mean, ONLY if you happen to know someone who might be able to do that .......;););)

To everyone that is traveling soon, Have a Safe Trip!!! To those that are there already, Have a Magical Time!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Uh oh...why wasn't the check in "magical"? Had you requested a full balcony or daybed? How many were in your party? (trying to figure out who gets daybeds and who doesn't) did you have to get a roll out bed? Glad you are settling in now though!

We did not request a full balcony or daybed. We didn't get either, but that's ok. There are only 2 of us. The check-in issue had to do with front desk staff. I'm not going to go into it here, but I will fill out he survey accurately.
That said, I want to repeat, I'm not going to let one person damper things. Everyone else has been magical, the room is lovely, and we're having a great time!

And to anyone worried abut he current state of the BC, the hallways near our room are in great shape. There may be a housekeeping cart or 2, but it's not obtrusive, and the rooms DO have to get cleaned, right? Otherwise everyine would be complaining about that. Our room itself is IMMACULATE. I can't find a thing wrong with it. Is some of the furniture a wee bit scuffed? Yes, but no more than normal wear and tear. Everything is working, everything is lovely, and everyone worried about an upcoming BC trip should take a nice deep breath and exhale. It'll be fine!

Safe travels YCFan!

So excited that so many of you are on your way!!! I can't wait for the alarm tomorrow morning at 5 AM so I can get to work and see you all!!! Safe travels to everyone and see you real soon!!!!!

Today I finish all the wash, do some ironing, pack for my Tuesday trip to Jeanne's and Lily's, and do food shopping so Bob doesn't starve while I'm gone.

So excited that so many of you are on your way!!! I can't wait for the alarm tomorrow morning at 5 AM so I can get to work and see you all!!! Safe travels to everyone and see you real soon!!!!!

Today I finish all the wash, do some ironing, pack for my Tuesday trip to Jeanne's and Lily's, and do food shopping so Bob doesn't starve while I'm gone.

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow! So happy that you have another trip to see your girls on the horizon, and happy we get to see you before you go. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter