There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
August 2014 5th Annual Beach & Yacht Club DIS Meet Monday August 18, 2014, 6:30 PM Solarium at the Beach Club Expected Attendees: DisneyMomx7, TeenaS, NinjaMom, Buzzy, JanetMom, ScottMC & JNPants, mommyrosa2, Mousemommy1, tarak, Dancing Queen, HockeyMomR, Real (Happy) Dee, The Magical One (maybe) :banana: :banana: :banana: IMPORTANT REMINDER We are 2 weeks away from the biggest, baddest Beach & Yacht Blub FAQ meet ever! We are trying to get an approximate head count of who may be attending. While we won't hold you to anything or permanently ostracize you if you say you are coming, but find something else distracts you, if you are thinking of coming to the meet, can you please RSVP to me by email with the number of adults and children expected to attend? beachclubdee at yahoo We may have special surprises (we may not)- I have heard a rumor that the Chip and Dales may show up but why anyone would be interested in stripping rodents, I just don't know. :confused3 Maybe a practice demonstration from the Stormalong Bay Synchronized Pool Tube Team. (I hope not!) As Flat Dee, who will be REAL this year says "Be There or Be Square"
Sorry we won't attend- we will be on Toy Story Mania at that time... Also our last day at BC. We check into BWV on the 19th. Perhaps I will see some DISrs. at SAB...

yes pls add us to BOG. We don't have anything Disney booked yet but do have our plane tickets so there is no turning back now! Just waiting on a discount in October to figure out Club Level or not. we will be there 1/24-1/31

August 2014 5th Annual Beach & Yacht Club DIS Meet

Monday August 18, 2014, 6:30 PM
Solarium at the Beach Club

Expected Attendees: DisneyMomx7, TeenaS, NinjaMom, Buzzy, JanetMom, ScottMC & JNPants, mommyrosa2, Mousemommy1, tarak, Dancing Queen, HockeyMomR, Real (Happy) Dee, The Magical One (maybe)

:banana: :banana: :banana:

IMPORTANT REMINDER

We are 2 weeks away from the biggest, baddest Beach & Yacht Blub FAQ meet ever!

We are trying to get an approximate head count of who may be attending. While we won't hold you to anything or permanently ostracize you if you say you are coming, but find something else distracts you, if you are thinking of coming to the meet, can you please RSVP to me by email with the number of adults and children expected to attend?

beachclubdee at yahoo

We may have special surprises (we may not)- I have heard a rumor that the Chip and Dales may show up but why anyone would be interested in stripping rodents, I just don't know.

:confused3

Maybe a practice demonstration from the Stormalong Bay Synchronized Pool Tube Team.

(I hope not!)

As Flat Dee, who will be REAL this year says

"Be There or Be Square"

Looks like we won't make it - it's actually our anniversary that night so we will be doing dinner. Have fun!

PS looking forward to watching the synchronized inner tube performance ;)

Hey all - I'll be staying at BCV in December and the 3rd Sunday my team is scheduled to play the Primetime game. Is there any where around BC/YC that people usually watch football at? Obviously ESPN is right there, but I'm wondering about any OTHER place. I'm considering a meal before game time at Jiko, so AKL could be a possible other location.

Hey all - I'll be staying at BCV in December and the 3rd Sunday my team is scheduled to play the Primetime game. Is there any where around BC/YC that people usually watch football at? Obviously ESPN is right there, but I'm wondering about any OTHER place. I'm considering a meal before game time at Jiko, so AKL could be a possible other location.

I've watched games at the Crew's Cup Lounge at the YC- standing room only not many tables to sit at.

I'm a little confused about the room views. I believe that there are standard, water and garden. I wanted to request a ground floor room. I was using an online room search tool for the BC and it doesn't appear that there are any standard view rooms on the ground floor. Is this true? We'd be happy to pay extra for a garden view but there aren't any rooms available with our pin code. TIA!

I'm a little confused about the room views. I believe that there are standard, water and garden. I wanted to request a ground floor room. I was using an online room search tool for the BC and it doesn't appear that there are any standard view rooms on the ground floor. Is this true? We'd be happy to pay extra for a garden view but there aren't any rooms available with our pin code. TIA!

My guess is that the search is right and there aren't any standard view rooms on the ground floor. Although, you can always request one and see what happens. :) Most standard view rooms face the parking lot and have roof views, so the ground floor of that section would be the lobby area and other business areas rather than guest rooms.

Speaking of cupcakes, Bob and I had a pina colada cupcake from Gasparilla's at the Grand when we were there. Holy cow ... it was soooooo good. Bob went back the next day for another!! Rosa ... try it while you are there!
Yum, will have to try one while we're there!!

Dee - thanks for the reminder about the meet. I'll email you my response.

I'm looking forward to it, in spite of the questionable entertainment.

And to all the other recent posters - you are making me want a cupcake. I'm tempted to go out and buy a couple right now, but it is a holiday here today so I'm not sure if any of our favourite cupcake shops are open. I think I'm best off waiting for just two more weeks until I can get one over at the boardwalk. Mmmm.
It's BC day here. Currently 30 in the shade :laughing: I look at it as climatizing minus the humidity factor!!
Leaving in 2 days :hyper:

We have a quick lunch rez there. Cobb Salads and a quick Dorma Nesmond Martini. I'd walk through fire for that Cobb Salad.

Us too! Love the Cobb Salad for lunch. To die for ::yes:: and the bread, yum. Haven't tried the martini. Yet!!!!

It's BC day here. Currently 30 in the shade :laughing: I look at it as climatizing minus the humidity factor!!
Leaving in 2 days :hyper:

Sounds like a lovely day for getting used to the heat. It was much cooler here - a beautiful day, but no where near 30. I'm looking forward to feeling the Florida heat.

Sadly, one of the trees in the backyard is already turning colour, it has been so cool this summer.

Have a great trip and enjoy your pre-dis time in Florida. We will meet up with you soon!

page 181-182

So thrilled all of you are going to get together but sooooooo jealous that I'm missing it by 2 days!! :mad:

I will definitely be there in spirit and will hoist a drink on the 18th with all of my BC friends in mind!! Can't wait to see the pics!

Jay

Dee I will be toasting you and everyone at meet from Universal :drinking1

Trust me, I feel all of your pain! I was doing the very same last year at the appointed hour, toasting all my friends who were meeting at my happy place.

We shall raise a toast to all of you who aren't able to join us. This year.

:grouphug:

Question on the Kids Club at the Beach Club- Do you pay separately or is it just tacked onto your hotel bill (we are staying at BC)? Do they accept tips onto the receipt or cash only? Any insight would be appreciated... want to be prepared!

Can't wait 12 days and counting! I'm so excited to meet Teena and any other Disboarders I can!:cool1:

Bumping!

We are now booked for 2/28 - 3/6/15 at the Beach Club Villas! We made resort reservations yesterday and bought the plane tickets this morning. I can now officially be very, very, very excited to visit our happy place!:yay:

Can you please add me to the Be Our Guest list? Thank you so much!

(only 208 days to go..)

:welcome:

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

Wow - would love a DIS meeting
Our next trip would be mid-May in 2017 or 2018 - we have to wait for our DD to get out of college. No college payments mixed with a WDW vacation in our budget.

Maybe we can find a DIS meet in mid-May in 2017 or 2018.

In the mean time happy planning !

I hope we can add you as our first official 2017 or 2018 guest. We already have a couple of folks on the 2016 list.

:goodvibes

yes pls add us to BOG. We don't have anything Disney booked yet but do have our plane tickets so there is no turning back now! Just waiting on a discount in October to figure out Club Level or not. we will be there 1/24-1/31

Thanks for the clarification on your dates. I'll update the list accordingly.

:)

Looks like we won't make it - it's actually our anniversary that night so we will be doing dinner. Have fun!

PS looking forward to watching the synchronized inner tube performance ;)

Thanks for letting us know.

Hope to see you at the pool. I suspect you won't be able to miss us!

:lmao:

This question came up earlier this summer- I think we determined that there probably aren't any standard ground-floor rooms.

:)

August 2014 5th Annual Beach & Yacht Club DIS Meet

Monday August 18, 2014, 6:30 PM
Solarium at the Beach Club

Expected Attendees: DisneyMomx7, TeenaS, NinjaMom, Buzzy, JanetMom, ScottMC & JNPants, mommyrosa2, Mousemommy1, tarak, Dancing Queen, HockeyMomR, Real (Happy) Dee, The Magical One (maybe)

:banana: :banana: :banana:

IMPORTANT REMINDER

We are 2 weeks away from the biggest, baddest Beach & Yacht Blub FAQ meet ever!

We are trying to get an approximate head count of who may be attending. While we won't hold you to anything or permanently ostracize you if you say you are coming, but find something else distracts you, if you are thinking of coming to the meet, can you please RSVP to me by email with the number of adults and children expected to attend?

beachclubdee at yahoo

We may have special surprises (we may not)- I have heard a rumor that the Chip and Dales may show up but why anyone would be interested in stripping rodents, I just don't know.

:confused3

Maybe a practice demonstration from the Stormalong Bay Synchronized Pool Tube Team.

(I hope not!)

As Flat Dee, who will be REAL this year says

"Be There or Be Square"

Aw mannnnnn!!! I wish we could, but we have FP selections starting at 5:55 that night. :eek:

SAB???

Our family will be arriving at the BC in the morning! 1/2 packed and ready to go, just switched my phone case to Minnie Mouse:)

Question on the Kids Club at the Beach Club- Do you pay separately or is it just tacked onto your hotel bill (we are staying at BC)? Do they accept tips onto the receipt or cash only? Any insight would be appreciated... want to be prepared!

Can't wait 12 days and counting! I'm so excited to meet Teena and any other Disboarders I can!:cool1:

oooh! A question I can answer! We used Sandcastle in 2012 (we were staying at Pop). We paid with a credit card (our choice) instead of charging to room. Can't recall about the tip - I don't believe there was a spot on the receipt. So I would bring cash.

My kids loved Sandcastle! They played video games and chilled out. It was a nice break for all of us :-)

Thanks for the responses regarding the room views. Since we are most likely in a standard view room (on the 2nd or 3rd floors), does anyone know if we can use stairs instead of elevators? Some hotel stairs are alarmed and are only meant to be used in an emergency. It's not a deal breaker, I'm just curious. Thanks!!

Nah... You're not crazy! I'd be packed by now but then I'd be going around nekked, as everything I own usually finds it's way into that suitcase one way or another!

The lobster roll at the Market Place has got a citrus thing going on that many do not find authentic, like the ones you get in New England.

The lobster roll at the Boardwalk bakery is more along the lines of what you would experience in New England but I found it to be a little dry. It is however packed with lobster and you can easily split it with another person. I think I paid 18 bucks for mine.

If you want nouveau cuisine try the one at Hurricane Hannah's. If you want Disney's imitation of what a Traditional New England 'Lobstah' roll should be then try the Boardwalk Bakery's version.

~NM
Thanks for the info on the lobster rolls. Details like this really help one make choices. I appreciate it! Will show this to DH.... I'm thinking he'd prefer the one from boardwalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter