There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dee - I was sadly disappointed in the seafood roll from Hurricane Hannah's.

I did really like the lobster roll from Captain's Grille (I'm sure it's the same one you can get at Crew's Cup) and the one from the Boardwalk Bakery is really good.

Of course you can't go wrong with a burger from HH or B&C!

Good info as we will be having our 1st day's lunch while hanging out and enjoying BC. Any difference between the Lobster Roll from YC and that from Boardwalk Bakery? DH is a huge lobster roll fan and I want to steer him toward the best place, of the two. thx

18 days away from my beloved BC and as of this morning I am pretty much all packed. My family (who will pack the night before we leave) is saying I'm nutso!

Someone tell me I'm not that crazy!! :upsidedow

Jay

Your not crazy- I just booked our Dec 2015 vacation and we haven't taken our Nov 2014 vacation yet!! :cheer2::cheer2:

Please add us to the Be Our Guest list Dec 6-15, 2015 YC. I'll be the first!!

Weird,weird, weird... Friday night I booked the Beach Club for 1 night. The lady told me that she found 1 discounted (-30%) standard room available for ...480$ (tx inc). O.k. ... I book it but it bugged me a lot and I couldn't stop thinking about it. It sounds bit expensive for a discounted standard room, right?

Today I went on the website and found a discounted room (-30%) Garden View room at Yacht Club for 346$ (tx inc)...

How come is the Yacht Club room 134$ cheaper for a garden view than BC Standard view?

Is it possible that the CM made a mistake and sold me a non-discounted room at BC?

Anyways... Both resorts share the same amenities. So I switched to YC...

BC and YC are the same price. It sounds like they had run out of BC rooms under the 30% discount. FYI, here is the list of rack rates:

http://www.mousesavers.com/2014-disney-world-resort-room-rates-season-dates/

You did the right thing by going with the 30%!

18 days away from my beloved BC and as of this morning I am pretty much all packed. My family (who will pack the night before we leave) is saying I'm nutso!

Jay
Nope, not nuts!! We leave Wednesday, started packing days ago!

Our family just returned from a 7 night stay at AKL in a one bedroom villa. We had one of the few Club Level DVC rooms available anywhere. It was a splurge and it was wonderful. Yes there were some rips in the carpet and the furniture was dinged up in some places but the rooms there are wonderful. The lounge was great and the CM's were as helpful and friendly as any I have ever experienced. Mousekeeping was tip top and the buses were not really a problem.

I say that to say this: Beach Club is our Home. I so missed walking over to EPCOT to stroll around. I missed racing the boat back from Hollywood Studios. I missed StormAlong Bay. I missed Beaches and Cream.

I didn't see a single fireworks show because I didn't want to deal with the bus crowds. I ate at the food court (Mara) one time and ordered flatbread pizza. Same one you can get at the Market Place. AKL is beautiful but it's not home. WL is beautiful but it's not home. Grand Floridian is beautiful but it is not home. And I have stayed in all within a year.

I know the Y&BC is banged up right now and need of some TLC. I can wait. All resorts go through this cycle. And when they finish, ahhhhhhhh!

But one of the things I didn't miss. The Greatest CM on Property!

Wonderful pic of the family & our Teena! She is absolutely the best!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Our first stay at BC will be 9/22-9/25. (Please add to your Be Our Guest) :beach::beach:(We are usually CSR folks but after staying at DLR in 2013 decided we loved being able to walk to the parks.) We have an ADR for Beaches & Cream for arrival day lunch primarily for the $14.99 Mickey's Kitchen Sink. If that isn't offered there we would rather use a QS at Hurricane Hanna's. Can any one tell me if the $14.99 version is there?

Our first stay at BC will be 9/22-9/25. (Please add to your Be Our Guest) :beach::beach:(We are usually CSR folks but after staying at DLR in 2013 decided we loved being able to walk to the parks.) We have an ADR for Beaches & Cream for arrival day lunch primarily for the $14.99 Mickey's Kitchen Sink. If that isn't offered there we would rather use a QS at Hurricane Hanna's. Can any one tell me if the $14.99 version is there?

No Mickey kitchen sink at hurricane Hannah's , but they have Mickey bars

Jay

Nah... You're not crazy! I'd be packed by now but then I'd be going around nekked, as everything I own usually finds it's way into that suitcase one way or another!

Good info as we will be having our 1st day's lunch while hanging out and enjoying BC. Any difference between the Lobster Roll from YC and that from Boardwalk Bakery? DH is a huge lobster roll fan and I want to steer him toward the best place, of the two. thx

The lobster roll at the Market Place has got a citrus thing going on that many do not find authentic, like the ones you get in New England.

The lobster roll at the Boardwalk bakery is more along the lines of what you would experience in New England but I found it to be a little dry. It is however packed with lobster and you can easily split it with another person. I think I paid 18 bucks for mine.

If you want nouveau cuisine try the one at Hurricane Hannah's. If you want Disney's imitation of what a Traditional New England 'Lobstah' roll should be then try the Boardwalk Bakery's version.

~NM

Which has the better breakfast buffet, cape May or captains grill? Thanks! (We can take or leave the character interaction as it's our first adults only trip, we are staying at YC and plan to spend most of the day relaxing by the pool and then that night we have our 10 year anniversary dinner at California Grill)

I ate there in May and yes they do indeed have the smaller mickey plastic sink, I tried to talk my 2 teens into getting one of those but they insisted on the real kitchen sink, lots of waste :)

Which has the better breakfast buffet, cape May or captains grill? Thanks! (We can take or leave the character interaction as it's our first adults only trip, we are staying at YC and plan to spend most of the day relaxing by the pool and then that night we have our 10 year anniversary dinner at California Grill)

Cape May has a much better breakfast selection.

We enjoy breakfast at Captains Grill. If characters aren't important the CG for sure. You can order a la carte or buffett.

BC and YC are the same price. It sounds like they had run out of BC rooms under the 30% discount. FYI, here is the list of rack rates:

http://www.mousesavers.com/2014-disney-world-resort-room-rates-season-dates/

You did the right thing by going with the 30%!

That makes a lot of sense. She must have forgotten to use a pin code or something. Glad I booked YC.

I actually like and "dislike" (let's just say that I like it a bit less) things at BC (rooms are o.k., Juliet Balcony -Meh! But I love the lobby, look of the buildings) and at YC (love the room and balcony, lobby & look of the buildings are just o.k.)

...and they share the same amenities so in my mind, from what I know, they are equal.

And I can't wait to be there.

The lobster roll at the Market Place has got a citrus thing going on that many do not find authentic, like the ones you get in New England. The lobster roll at the Boardwalk bakery is more along the lines of what you would experience in New England but I found it to be a little dry. It is however packed with lobster and you can easily split it with another person. I think I paid 18 bucks for mine. If you want nouveau cuisine try the one at Hurricane Hannah's. If you want Disney's imitation of what a Traditional New England 'Lobstah' roll should be then try the Boardwalk Bakery's version. ~NM

I know we're all BC/YC people here, but I must say I am a huge fan of BoardWalk Bakery. I usually recommend it to people looking for counter service on her Epcot Loop. Their cupcakes will blow you away too. I still dream of a S'mores cupcake I had ere back in 2012.

Disney's Beach Club Villas Deluxe Resorts, Rooms

Disney Beach Club Villa Studio

DSCN0221.jpg

DSCN1053-Copy.jpg

DSCN0214.jpg

DSCN0215.jpg

DSCN0256.jpg

Kitchenette

DSCN0250.jpg

DSCN0252.jpg

DSCN0253.jpg

Thanks bellebookworm9 and 333disneymomfor the studio pictures above!

More Studio Villa Pictures, by missyrose and pixeldust, October 2012

http://allears.net/acc/bcv/bcvstudiolayout.jpg

How long is the couch in the BC studio villa?
I see 2 pillow cushions.
So maybe it is 5 feet long? 6 feet long?

How long is the couch in the BC studio villa?
I see 2 pillow cushions.
So maybe it is 5 feet long? 6 feet long?
Since this is a sofa bed which I think has a double mattress then I would guess it to be no more than about five feet wide.

Looking to stay BC Club Level late January of next year. Anyone have any idea how long the rehab will take? TIA

I have only been to Cape May (loved the breakfast and characters) and will probably try Captain's Grille in a couple of weeks. CG has both a la carte ordering and a buffet, so you can choose which way you want to dine, for a lot less than Cape May.

There are reviews with lots of pictures of both restaurants in the dining post (maybe Post 6 or 7, can't remember) on Page 1

:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter