There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've arrived home from our Beach Club trip yesterday evening so we are just settling back in. We had a rough start to our trip that was far from magical, but after the first two days things got much better and we ended up having a wonderful trip in the end. I loved the resort, it was beautiful and we all enjoyed the pool area, walks to Epcot, boat to Hollywood Studios and proximity to the Boardwalk. This was our first time staying in the Epcot area, we normally stay in the Magic Kingdom area, but I'd absolutely stay in either area again!

What made it a rough start? Glad it worked out in the end.

How long will the Presidential Suite be used as the concierge lounge? We check in at BC Club Level on 8/14. Thanks!

From what I've been reading it may be a while. It's always tough to gauge these things when remodeling is involved. Hope that doesn't ruin the trip for you.

Do the room fridges have the little freezer in them? I would like to be able to freeze ice packs for the snack bag and also bring a few uncrustables for my picky daughter :)
Unfortunately, the fridges don't have a freezer compartment. But we have accidentally partially froze a few drinks because the fridge got too cold.

Cindy is at 10:20.
FP+ window is 10:40-11:40.
I don't know HOW I let that slip by me.

Huh? What audition? Am I up for a part on "The Guiding Light" or something? ;)

As others suggested, my thought was to try and get into your CRT res. a little early - but we haven't eaten there in years, so I don't know how hard that is to do.:scratchin

LOL! Sorry - that's what I get for going off topic.:teeth: I meant the Jeopardy audition for your BIL? (I think?)

Unfortunately, the fridges don't have a freezer compartment. But we have accidentally partially froze a few drinks because the fridge got too cold.

Wow, I didn't even know this was possible!:laughing: We never get a fridge that gets much colder than tepid.

Wow, I didn't even know this was possible!:laughing: We never get a fridge that gets much colder than tepid.

One trick we learned that really helped is if the fridge is inside a cabinet, leave the cabinet wide open when you're not in the room. There is not enough air circulation for the fridges to work properly when inside a cabinet. So when we would leave for the day in the morning we would leave the door wide open and leave a note for housekeeping to please leave the cabinet open. When we are in the room walking around or sleeping, we prop the cabinet door open with a wash cloth or pair of clean socks as to not run into the door. Whenever we've done this, we have been able to freeze 3-4 water bottles in the back.

FYI save your recruit and show at ride u r late for. We were advised to do this and worked fine

Ooh...was this directed at me? If so, that's a great idea. I can't imagine them having a problem if Cinderella was holding us hostage. :goodvibes

As others suggested, my thought was to try and get into your CRT res. a little early - but we haven't eaten there in years, so I don't know how hard that is to do.:scratchin

LOL! Sorry - that's what I get for going off topic.:teeth: I meant the Jeopardy audition for your BIL? (I think?)

2 things...
1. Oh...the audition! I forgot! Yes, BIL auditioned with about 100 people...and only 24 made it to the final round...he's one of those 24. He'll hear within the next couple of weeks! *fingers crossed*

2. Funny fridge story. A few years back, we were staying at the Swan for a few nights, and our friend was joining us 2 days after we got there. We were stopping at Publix on the way, and our late-arriving friend had said..."Would you please get me a platter of fruit that I can pick on? Keep it in your fridge, and I'll pay you for it when I get there." No problem. But wow...fruit platters are expensive. So we dropped close to $20 for what I though was a pretty dinky platter, and put it in our fridge at the Swan.

Our fridge at the Swan.

That was unplugged.

Ew.

We never told her.

Stop judging.

One trick we learned that really helped is if the fridge is inside a cabinet, leave the cabinet wide open when you're not in the room. There is not enough air circulation for the fridges to work properly when inside a cabinet. So when we would leave for the day in the morning we would leave the door wide open and leave a note for housekeeping to please leave the cabinet open. When we are in the room walking around or sleeping, we prop the cabinet door open with a wash cloth or pair of clean socks as to not run into the door. Whenever we've done this, we have been able to freeze 3-4 water bottles in the back.

Thanks!:goodvibes We've tried the open cabinet trick, but never leaving it wide open while out of the room - I'll have to give that a shot. Whenever we are in the room, I have it open about 2 inches, when I can keep people from shutting it.:rolleyes: My fault for teaching my family to close cabinet doors!

2 things...
1. Oh...the audition! I forgot! Yes, BIL auditioned with about 100 people...and only 24 made it to the final round...he's one of those 24. He'll hear within the next couple of weeks! *fingers crossed*

2. Funny fridge story. A few years back, we were staying at the Swan for a few nights, and our friend was joining us 2 days after we got there. We were stopping at Publix on the way, and our late-arriving friend had said..."Would you please get me a platter of fruit that I can pick on? Keep it in your fridge, and I'll pay you for it when I get there." No problem. But wow...fruit platters are expensive. So we dropped close to $20 for what I though was a pretty dinky platter, and put it in our fridge at the Swan.

Our fridge at the Swan.

That was unplugged.

Ew.

We never told her.

Stop judging.

:rotfl: I'll bet that was a nasty surprise. I would have kept it to myself, too, while mourning the loss of the $20!

YAY for the 24 finalists, good luck.pixiedust: I'll have to tell my mom I "know" someone who has made it to the finals. She is a die hard Jeopardy addict.

And, to circle back around to (almost) being on topic, I am holding steady with my YC reservation. It was a close call, I nearly jumped ship for the BC...even flirted with switching to my beloved Grand! But I gave myself a stern talking to and YC won the day.:lovestruc

Our fridge at the Swan.

That was unplugged.

Ew.

We never told her.

Stop judging.

LOLOLOL!! I am so judging you on this... Cross "Domesticated" off the list of your possible descriptions!

ANOTHER New, our fridges could catch on fire so we replaced them all, fridge trick is that there is a little screw in the back of the fridge that controls the temp. You have to have the special bit (I think it is a hex head) to turn it to adjust the temp on the fridge and there is no scale to see if you are turning it colder or hotter.

I happened to have with me a screw driver set that had the correct bit (See previous references to OVER PACKING!!!) so I could lend it to my brother (The engineer) so he could adjust his fridge in POFQ that was too warm. Of course he went over board in a typical "I'm an engineer and I can figure this thing out" style and froze everything in the fridge. My sister in law had to serve my niece and nephew lunch meat popsicles, and frozen juice boxes all while glaring at her husband "The Engineer".

I know you can call for assistance and get maintenance to your room to make your fridge colder/warmer if you are having problems with the temp. HOWEVER we have learned by listening to Ninja Mom go on and on (and on) about it that you are much better off going to either the front desk, or possibly the concierge and asking for help there since the call center seems to be staffed by poor souls who have no power and can only add you to the bottom of a long list requesting help at Disney resorts.

~NM

:offtopic:

SYNCHRONIZED POOL TUBE TEAM UPDATE!!!

I know you all are dying to learn about the progress that this little project has been making so I will fill you in with a much needed update!

First of all uniforms: There has been much debate on the water hardiness of sequins on swimsuits but we are still going ahead with plans to sneak into The Great Movie Ride and liberate a couple of those sequined bathing suits off of those non twirling Buzzby Berkley mannequins. One size will have to fit all so make plans to start dieting... perhaps next week.

Music: The cheapest thing to do will be for all of us to hum "What a feeling" from that movie "Flash Dance". A kickstarter campaign had been started to raise money for Kazoos until some smarty pants pointed out that once they fill with water they are useless.... so humming, very loudly, even underwater, will have to suffice. Remember we have to hum louder than whatever Disney Radio crap tune they will be blasting at Stormalong Bay, so start practicing now. When the neighbors are calling the cops on you you will know that you have achieved proper volume.

Choreography: Simply stated, it's a mess since we have not had one team practice. To conquer this problem it has been suggested that we perform as the first "Modern Dance Synchronized Pool Tube Team". Under this incarnation we can hoodwink the judges into believing that we are very "Artsy" instead of completely uncoordinated. Yes... I think that will work!

Thanks to copious quantities of rain in my area I have discovered that the water retention ponds make great urban swimming pools. There is a downside to this location as Ninja Mom has been laid low by a stubborn case of malaria, so she has not been able to update you on her progress lately. Remember we are less than two short weeks away from our first meet so get inoculated against malaria and keep practicing!!! We have to do an especially good job if we are to convince the judges that this sport NEEDS to be included in the next OLYMPICS!

~NM

The Plan has been laminated :cool1:

7d09986a82eba51f5d30bda88b238587_zps48ea5cf6.jpg
[/IMG]

We've arrived home from our Beach Club trip yesterday evening so we are just settling back in. We had a rough start to our trip that was far from magical, but after the first two days things got much better and we ended up having a wonderful trip in the end. I loved the resort, it was beautiful and we all enjoyed the pool area, walks to Epcot, boat to Hollywood Studios and proximity to the Boardwalk. This was our first time staying in the Epcot area, we normally stay in the Magic Kingdom area, but I'd absolutely stay in either area again!

We are arriving in just 8 days for a BCV/BWV split stay. We also usually stay in the MK area and this will be our first time staying in the Epcot area.
Did you generally prefer the boat or a walk to HS? Any other advice to an Epcot Resort first timer?

We are arriving in just 8 days for a BCV/BWV split stay. We also usually stay in the MK area and this will be our first time staying in the Epcot area.
Did you generally prefer the boat or a walk to HS? Any other advice to an Epcot Resort first timer?

We found it to be quicker to walk to HS, rather than wait for the boat and take it over. It was only about an 18 minute walk (and that's with us walking with our kids). :goodvibes

We found it to be quicker to walk to HS, rather than wait for the boat and take it over. It was only about an 18 minute walk (and that's with us walking with our kids). :goodvibes

Thanks our DSs are 11 and 8 so we'll likely use the boat as an attraction then. Is the walk shaded at all?

Anyone who is there know the current bounceback? I'm curious...we don't go until December, but this year I would love to take advantage of a BB since we never do and we always go every year! :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter