There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just booked club level Beach club for January 30-February 8th!! The CM said the club lounge is scheduled to be closed starting Monday and will be relocated to the Presidential suite

Wait, do you mean this Monday? Or the Monday of your trip? :confused3

And Pinkgirl, LOVE LOVE LOVE those!! :)

In anticipation of our upcoming stay at the resort I have been practicing for my Disney stay. Here is my fantasy practice report:

Hi everyone, I recently checked into my own home and I wanted to post my review of my domestic stay at "Snub" level.

When I first walked in to my domestic resort no one acknowledged my presence except to see if I was bringing food into the house. Lacking anything edible I was left to my own devices to find my room. At first the family members masquerading as staff tried to convince me that the kitchen was my actual room but I told them that I wanted a full bathroom and I asked to be moved to another location. Grudgingly they mumbled something rudely about waiting for a text to reveal my sleeping location but I knew better after reading this thread and I was off to wander around the house trying to find an unlocked door.

When I came upon the steps at this domicile I was horrified to see all sorts of laundry and domestic detritus littering them. I could not believe the level of crap in the hallways ESPECIALLY in light of the enormous mortgage I was paying to live there. I don't know what the heck got into housekeeping at this establishment but they better step it up or I am writing a letter to myself to complain about the shoddy accommodations!

Finally I came upon an unlocked door! I carefully opened it only to discover a teenager who had decided not to check out. It was hard to tell if this teenager was living or dead as the only thing moving were his thumbs as he pawed at an electronic device. I backed out slowly and decided to keep searching for another unlocked door.

Finally I can upon a large room with a king sized bed. SCORRREEE!!! This room even had a bathroom but when I looked outside It did not have a balcony and it was overlooking a roof, a driveway and some municipal trash cans. As I was debating the merits of staying in this room I decided to put on my white gloves and move all the furniture to look for dust bunnies. I moved the day sofaLoveSeat and I was horrified to discover an entire ranch of dust creatures. There were Dust Lions and Tigers and Bears... OH MY!! This would just not do!

I got on the phone to the front desk but it was just a call center and my husband was the unlucky staff member who happened to pick up the phone. I ranted! I raved about how unseemly this establishment was what with all the chipping paint, dirty dishes laying around and the (mostly) dead bodies laying on all the furniture with only their thumbs moving. Didn't the managers of this establishment realize what TERRIBLE shape it was in? Didn't these same managers realize how much money every month we were paying in taxes and mortgage fees! I listened carefully for a reply but I could only hear my husband's thumbs moving as he had drifted off mentally and had taken another call.

I hung up and I decided to make my way down to snub level for a drink and a snack. When I went into The Kitchen Harbor room I sadly discovered that it was devoid of offerings with only a stray sprig of parsley or two limply decorating the counters. Horrified I asked a CM guarding the bar, who looked suspiciously like my husband, what had happened!? "It was HORRIBLE!!!!" he relayed. "A pack of pig like teenagers descended upon the offerings and emptied the trays onto their plates and then ran back to their rooms!. They were eyeing the liquor but when I told them that it would only be by the glass and that a CM was pouring they immediately lost interest".

I became flabbergasted at the thought of staying in an establishment that would host people much like myself so I stomped off to the GM's office to complain about these unfortunate "guests" and the living conditions that I found myself suffering under while staying at this resort. I was directed to the GM's office that oddly enough had a washer and a dryer in it surrounded by enough dust bunnies to populate the solar system. There was no one there so I left a post it note on the dryer stating how disgusting this resort was for not living up to my higher than high standards and that I would not be caught dead staying at this location ever again!

I stomped off and made the long trip back to my house, much relived that the quality of my living standards would be elevated to their lofty heights once again. As I walked in the front door I ran into my husband. He informed me that there was a note left on the dryer for me. As soon as I get the chance I'm going to run in there and see what is says.

~NM

I've been crafting away making lovely hair accessories for my DD for our upcoming trip. I got a bit carried away, so we have decided that we will sprinkle a little pixie dust when we are in Hollywood Studios. If anyone with a little girl compliments my DD on her hair, we are going to surprise them with one of these

23ebbdf0c8cc5c7286c03d3e5713dc93_zps9a094b2a.jpg
[/IMG]

Wow! That is really awesome of you and your daughter to do that. :grouphug:

~NM

We are only a family of 4, but with twin 11 year olds, so we really need an extra bed to be comfortable. I knew going into it that it was just a request and not guaranteed (you are probably guaranteed since you're a family of 5?). I'm just happy we got the cot. We did get charged for it, and I know I've read on here that it should be free (I think?), but we were in a hurry to check out and catch ME so I didn't have time to question it. We did get our full balcony (my other request) and it was super nice and big! I'll try to post a few pictures: our view. CL #5699 our room is on top right mommy & baby duck going for a swim!

Thanks for the info...I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. I think I'll check in and before going to the room, make sure it has a daybed :) I don't mind a cot IF there is adequate room for it, w/o rearranging the entire room or taking furniture out.

Ninja Mom, you are too funny! We also have a very scarey room. It currently has a bed with a suitcase on it which is covered in clothes!!

Wait, do you mean this Monday? Or the Monday of your trip? :confused3

And Pinkgirl, LOVE LOVE LOVE those!! :)

This Monday the lounge moves to the Presidential Suite. That's super for everybody that's going to be able to experience the Presidential Suite. So roomy and views are great!!!!

This Monday the lounge moves to the Presidential Suite. That's super for everybody that's going to be able to experience the Presidential Suite. So roomy and views are great!!!!

YAY YAY YAY!!!!:cool1::cool1:
We arrive in 20 days, can't wait to see it!

Dee - thanks for posting the August schedule. I was excited to see Frozen listed on our first night, but we have a late dinner over at the GF so I doubt we will make it back as we may just be watching the MK fireworks from the beach. Such a hard life when you have to miss a movie on the beach at one resort because you will be too busy watching fireworks at another resort!

Much like it is shocking that some people have not experienced Beaches and Cream, I have surprisingly not seen Frozen yet. I feel so out of it when I hear people getting excited about Anna and Elsa.

I've been crafting away making lovely hair accessories for my DD for our upcoming trip. I got a bit carried away, so we have decided that we will sprinkle a little pixie dust when we are in Hollywood Studios. If anyone with a little girl compliments my DD on her hair, we are going to surprise them with one of these

Pinkgirl - This is such a great idea. How nice to be prepared to spread some smiles while at Disney. :goodvibes

NinjaMom - too funny. Your report is exactly how I feel about my home most days. I love the idea of escaping to a place where the beds magically make themselves, the towels are clean and dry each day, and any dishes left laying around in the hallways magically disappear.

I was thinking today that one of my favourite things about my trip last time was the oatmeal in the CL lounge. We aren't staying CL this time, but I'm looking forward to having some Marketplace oatmeal in the mornings. It's the little things that make me happy! (and the fact that I only have 15 days to go! :banana::banana::banana:

I'm posting to see my countdown!! a week today we travel to our overnight airport hotel at Heald Green near Manchester. It's then 9 nights on the darker side with Discovery Cove for DDs 10th birthday before heading over to Yacht Club.

page 175-176

Hi there! Thank you for adding us to the Be Our Guest List. I apologize but I have already changed our dates. Can you please update the list when you have a chance?

We are now going February 21-27, 2015. Still Beach Club. Still Club Level. Still celebrating our son's 9th birthday. Thinking the extra day and change in dates will allow us more time to enjoy SAB and the resort area itself.

Thanks! Patty

Not a problem! I'll make the adjustment.

:goodvibes

Can you add my dates, please? Nov 21-22. :goodvibes

Sure will. I plan on making updates to the list sometime this evening.

:)

I just added it -- but if I did something wrong, you have my permission to copy my pics!

I have a general question about my room. We were CL 5699 and right next to it was what appeared to be a servants'/work staff room, and there was a really loud noise that happened maybe every 8 seconds. Sounded like a motor or a drill. The first night I woke up thinking construction was beginning in the room next to ours. Do you know what the noise is? Here is a picture of what it looked like right next to our room:

Thanks for posting the pictures!

That stinks about the constant noise. Not sure what it was. Ice Maker? Something to do with the elevator? Does anyone know?

I just booked club level Beach club for January 30-February 8th!! The CM said the club lounge is scheduled to be closed starting Monday and will be relocated to the Presidential suite.

Does anyone know when the 5th floor rooms will be completed? Just wondering if we will have a refurbished room when we visit in late January.

Needless to say, we are really excited!!! We were in the Wilderness Lodge and decided to try something different. The kids are going to love the pool!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

Thanks so much for the info about the start of the renovation of the BC lounge. How exciting!

I don't know how long it will take to revamp the lounge, and then the rooms. I would think it is possible that the rooms could be done by the time of your trip, but I really have no idea.

Way cute and what a really nice way to pass along some magic!

:goodvibes

Thanks for the confirmation of the start date, Teena!

:)

Oh damn, I meant to post yesterday at the four month mark...oh well. Three months and thirty days until I arrive! Lol

I had a quick review of my schedule yesterday and shifted an ADR to take advantage of EMH at Epcot one night, which left a nice lunch time hole. I'm planning on relaxing at the resort for a few hours and I'm tossing up between booking something like Beaches and Cream or just winging it at a lounge (it will just be me). Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter