There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of pictures of Teena's grandaugher Princess Lily from her recent visit to the World

Great pics!! Lily had such a fantastic trip, meeting her Frozen princesses!!

Teena so amazing to see your smiley face in this yacht beach club promo on disney parks you tube website

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU6E3ihjY8o
Great Video, nice cameo appearance from the best greeter!! Teena you are always so thoughtful and go out of your way helping guests!!

Great video Teena! My sister sent it to me yesterday with the heading, "Is that Tina?"

My reply was..."No dummy. That's TEENA." Sheesh.

15 days until we check in! ;)
:rotfl2: thanks for the morning laugh!

That is so funny. And just what I need, some nice, cute, funny people on a lovely thread.

Yep, just feel I've had a bashing over on a DC thread! Sheesh some people.
Yes, sadly there are some very nasty people on the Dis, I really don't understand what they get out of it, but I believe you reap what you sow!!! And all the lovely people on Dis make up for it! Just ignore the ugly ones. They don't deserve a second thought.

I don't know how to multi quote so I'll just say thanks for all the warm wishes about my son and his broken arm. It's still in a splint because it was too swollen to cast. We'll find out next Wednesday what the cast will look like. Unfortunately this is not a new experience for us- he has brittle bone disease so this is his 32nd broken bone. We were really hoping he'd be ok for this trip since we have so much planned.

We talked today and I explained this is about family and memories, not just the rides and swimming. He is 14 and he understood. And because he knows the way to my heart he asked if we could do a bounce back for when his arm is healed :rotfl2:

Thanks again!
17 days!!!
:grouphug: pixies that it all works out. There are so many things to do and see, Ninja mentioned mini golf. Hopefully he can get a waterproof cast. One of the things I love at TL is the lazy river! I could just do that all day! Even at SAB there are some quiet areas in the pool, you could rig up plastic bag around cast and he could keep arm out of the water and just dunk, or sit on steps of quiet pool to cool off. Having a pool noodle helps keep arm out of water.
Another fav thing to do is the drawing class at DHS. None of us are very artistic, so we laugh a lot at our attempts!

Has the Yacht Club started doing that "streamlined" check in yet? I know that some resorts are testing it out and wondered if they were doing it here yet?
I hope it doesn't go resort wide. I may be the lone dissenter, but IMO, it just is so non-personal, no warm welcome, nothing. I enjoy check in, ::yes:: the whole interaction with CM, everything. I think this us just another service cutting from Disney :(

Hello!

There is a chance I might upgrade for 1 night (November 21) during our next trip because I have a credit in my file.

I'm interested by WL (pool is supposed to be closed so, less interesting), BC (they don't seem to have room for us) or YC...

I'm dying to try Stormalong Bay and we have a ADR for Beaches & Cream on Nov 22 so we would be there already and could take advantage of the resort for a long time...

How are the Yacht Club rooms? Are they still pretty or do I have a lot of chances to be disappointed?

Thanks in advance.

Hello!

There is a chance I might upgrade for 1 night (November 21) during our next trip because I have a credit in my file.

I'm interested by WL (pool is supposed to be closed so, less interesting), BC (they don't seem to have room for us) or YC...

I'm dying to try Stormalong Bay and we have a ADR for Beaches & Cream on Nov 22 so we would be there already and could take advantage of the resort for a long time...

How are the Yacht Club rooms? Are they still pretty or do I have a lot of chances to be disappointed?

Thanks in advance.
We stayed at YC last Aug, very nice rooms. :thumbsup2

Does anyone know if the refurb will involve putting daybeds in every room, specifically at BC CL? Though we made it work with a cot, it became clustered in our room since we had to move everything around:

This worries me! The room descriptions (for sleeping five, which I need) says day bed or twin sleeper chair...I was really hoping not to have to deal with a cot in an already full room. I didn't put in a request because I didn't think it would be needed. I requested a full balcony so my husband and I can enjoy it when the kids are asleep. Afraid that if I call again and request the daybed, we won't get the balcony. Has anyone had better luck with a cot than this?? If there isn't room for it, shouldn't the room already have something in place since it says the rooms sleep five?

Has the Yacht Club started doing that "streamlined" check in yet? I know that some resorts are testing it out and wondered if they were doing it here yet?

We check in on the 28th and when I did online check in it said we qualified for streamlined check-in. Curious to see how it all works out.

I may be the lone dissenter, but IMO, it just is so non-personal, no warm welcome, nothing. I enjoy check in, ::yes:: the whole interaction with CM, everything. I think this us just another service cutting from Disney :(

I feel the same way! I can't say I would look forward to a text giving me a room number. I enjoy the personal interaction at check in... it's the nicest way to actually feel Welcomed!

When staying at the Beach Club, what is the best way to get to Hollywood Studios on an EMH morning? Boat?

Does anyone know if the refurb will involve putting daybeds in every room, specifically at BC CL? Though we made it work with a cot, it became clustered in our room since we had to move everything around:

26f35106242654f439ee7346c547496a_zps922fad69.jpg

3c0be6da9ea77d58bc9aec4b8d56db95_zps015819a0.jpg

1d05f04b8778bc17b37369ce73b0d606_zps19fa8df4.jpg

e890993ee5e20113159142a5aad6a012_zps07eb12d8.jpg

I INSISTED they took out the funrniture from our room at YC. I threatened to leave it in the hall. When someone finally came, DD was in bed, he let the door slam and I was NOT best pleased. The chair and stool were soon removed after that.

Just wondering if there is any where either at BC or Epcot where I can buy a bottle of Vodka and the approx cost. My FIL was asking for when we are there in a few weeks. Thank you.

I agree about the selection in Norway, but just so you know they do sell it in the BC Marketplace (gift shop). We bought a smallish bottle of Absolut there last month. However, I cannot remember what the price is.

pages 170-173

Thanks! I don't know if I have posted here yet or not, but I've been lurking for a while. :) Looking forward to our first visit to YC Oct 17-21!

Thanks for clarifying the dates. I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

Loved the video!! I am about to email it to my husband...lol
So excited to be staying here for the 1st time!!
Was Teena the lady with the short hair in the video? How nice!

Yes, Teena is the one with the short hair wearing the pantsuit.

:thumbsup2

Just wondering if there is any where either at BC or Epcot where I can buy a bottle of Vodka and the approx cost. My FIL was asking for when we are there in a few weeks. Thank you.

:welcome:

Are you staying at the BC in August? Would you like me to add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1?

:woohoo:

Good morning! Only 43 days until our first stay at the beach club. Is the beach club doing the new check-in? Haven't heard anyone talking about this Thanks for any replies. This thread has been so very helpful in planning our stay. Teena your granddaughter is beautiful!

I'll add you to the list for September.

:yay:

When they do a refurb on the interior of a hotel, how long does it usually take? 6 months, 1 year?

I know there is know set time frame, haven't seen anything posted and I'm just a little curious.

We go to Disney every year and just trying to plan for next year!!

Don't know- I think every rehab is different because they are doing different things. The last refurb was "soft", I think, no furniture replacement. I think this one may see some new stuff in the rooms.

We will post info when we have it.

:)

Hello all!! We just booked our trip for my DH's 50th Birthday next year (Oct 2015). We booked a garden view room at BC. It's never too early to start planning right? :)

This year and last year, we stayed at BWI and absolutely loved it! We decided to change things up for next year and hope for good weather to give SAB a try. I'm excited because besides being there for DH's birthday, it will also be during MNSSHP and F&W.

While I have lots of time to plan and get through almost 200 pages of reading, I was wondering if anyone had any advice, tips, etc about BC??

Thanks so much!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

The best tips we have are on Page 1 of this thread. Specifically Post 13 (FAQ) and Post 14 (Other Useful Info)

We have decided to switch from CSR to Beach Club for our upcoming stay November 18th to November 23rd! Could you please add us to your list?

I am hoping for a few sunny/warm days to enjoy the pool at Beach Club! My daughter turns 7 while we are in WDW, and she LOVES to swim...

We had a free dining plan at CSR, but we decided to spend some time at SeaWorld and only one day at MK (gasp!) plus maybe one night at a MVMCP (... depends if they have some special Frozen events or not), so the free dining requiring two park tickets no longer worked for us... It gave me a reason to try something new!!! We have never stayed at an Epcot resort (we are displaced Poly folks). I am so excited for a change!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

We have 26 days to go until our YC stay! WOOT WOOT.

We'd like a room with a daybed, so I've been advised to "call" a few days before checkin to put the request in (since it's not an available option online). Who am I calling, specifically? What's the number?

Thanks!

You would call the CRO (Central Reservations Number), the phone number you use to book trips. Or if you booked through a travel agent, they need to do that for you.

I don't have the number at the top of my head, it is posted on Page 1 in either Post 13 or Post 14. Or google Disney Reservation Phone Number.

:thumbsup2

Hello!

Thanks in advance.

There are pictures of the rooms on Page 1- Post 8 is Yacht Club, I think.

Please let us know if you book!

:yay:

This worries me! The room descriptions (for sleeping five, which I need) says day bed or twin sleeper chair...I was really hoping not to have to deal with a cot in an already full room. I didn't put in a request because I didn't think it would be needed. I requested a full balcony so my husband and I can enjoy it when the kids are asleep. Afraid that if I call again and request the daybed, we won't get the balcony. Has anyone had better luck with a cot than this?? If there isn't room for it, shouldn't the room already have something in place since it says the rooms sleep five?

Are you a true family of 5 (everyone over age 3). If so, you have to be given a room that will sleep everyone. In most cases, this will mean you have priority for a room with a daybed. If there are no rooms with daybeds available when you check in, you will get a rollaway cot. The BC rooms are different sizes and some accommodate the cots better than other.

Hope that helps.

When staying at the Beach Club, what is the best way to get to Hollywood Studios on an EMH morning? Boat?

If you are up to walking, that is the best way because you are in control of the timing and probably takes approx. the same amount of time as the boat. If not, the boat is the best way. You may not get on the first boat if it is full when picking up. Takes about 20 minutes by boat, plus any wait time.

Is there a new thread for 2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ *AUGUST, SEPTEMBER, OCTOBER* 2014*?

:welcome: to the thread.

This is the one you want. The dates in the title just refer to the months the thread has existed. It started in May and I just updated the title to include August. When we hit "Jumbo Status" or 250 pages, I need to start a new thread, and having the dates helps me keep track of the age of the threads.

While I'm waiting till next April for my stay at BCV and trying not to get TOO excited cause it's kind of far off lol, I wondered . . . Have any of the folks here tried the dark chocolate waffles at Captain's Grille? Let's just say I'm KIND of looking forward to them, and wondered if anyone here's tried them and can confirm they are as good as I want them to be lol.

We are scheduled for our first on-site stay at YC from November 15 to November 22. We are booked in a Garden View, W/C accessible room with a roll in shower. Does anyone have any familiarity with this type of room and where they might be located? I'm trying to figure out if we will need to make any type of request (like close to elevator, etc).

We should be getting to the resort between 7 and 9 pm (depending on which flight we take) on the 15th and I was thinking of heading over to MK for evening EMH as it will be the only night with late hours. Would you recommend taking the bus to MK in the evening or driving? We have minimal experience with Disney buses and no experience with the buses and the wheelchair (for DD6). I'm trying to decide whether to take ME from the airport and rent a car a day or two later or just rent the car from the airport. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Are you a true family of 5 (everyone over age 3). If so, you have to be given a room that will sleep everyone. In most cases, this will mean you have priority for a room with a daybed. If there are no rooms with daybeds available when you check in, you will get a rollaway cot. The BC rooms are different sizes and some accommodate the cots better than other. Hope that helps. :)

Yes, a true family of five, though the third child is three (will be 4 in May), so your comment makes me feel a little better regarding my chances on getting a daybed. Arriving Easter week though, so it will be busy. I just don't want to have to have them cram it in or have to take furniture out. I want to have a pretty room and feel comfortable for $600 a night :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter