There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wheeeeee! 2 weeks from today, we'll be having our anniversary dinner at Flying Fish!

2 weeks from today we'll be pulling into Universal :good vibes

Robyn love the Cobb Salad there, yum!! We have an ADR for a lunch and we order Cobb Salads & Grapefruit Cake!

2 weeks from tonight I will be bragging to my Disney-loving family at our annual reunion that I am going to DISNEY and the BEACH CLUB tomorrow. All by myself

:banana::banana::banana:

2 weeks from tonight I'll be packing our bags and jumping with excitement as it will be the night before we arrive at the BC. :banana::banana::banana:

In anticipation of our upcoming stay at the resort I have been practicing for my Disney stay. Here is my fantasy practice report:

Hi everyone, I recently checked into my own home and I wanted to post my review of my domestic stay at "Snub" level.

When I first walked in to my domestic resort no one acknowledged my presence except to see if I was bringing food into the house. Lacking anything edible I was left to my own devices to find my room. At first the family members masquerading as staff tried to convince me that the kitchen was my actual room but I told them that I wanted a full bathroom and I asked to be moved to another location. Grudgingly they mumbled something rudely about waiting for a text to reveal my sleeping location but I knew better after reading this thread and I was off to wander around the house trying to find an unlocked door.

When I came upon the steps at this domicile I was horrified to see all sorts of laundry and domestic detritus littering them. I could not believe the level of crap in the hallways ESPECIALLY in light of the enormous mortgage I was paying to live there. I don't know what the heck got into housekeeping at this establishment but they better step it up or I am writing a letter to myself to complain about the shoddy accommodations!

Finally I came upon an unlocked door! I carefully opened it only to discover a teenager who had decided not to check out. It was hard to tell if this teenager was living or dead as the only thing moving were his thumbs as he pawed at an electronic device. I backed out slowly and decided to keep searching for another unlocked door.

Finally I can upon a large room with a king sized bed. SCORRREEE!!! This room even had a bathroom but when I looked outside It did not have a balcony and it was overlooking a roof, a driveway and some municipal trash cans. As I was debating the merits of staying in this room I decided to put on my white gloves and move all the furniture to look for dust bunnies. I moved the day sofaLoveSeat and I was horrified to discover an entire ranch of dust creatures. There were Dust Lions and Tigers and Bears... OH MY!! This would just not do!

I got on the phone to the front desk but it was just a call center and my husband was the unlucky staff member who happened to pick up the phone. I ranted! I raved about how unseemly this establishment was what with all the chipping paint, dirty dishes laying around and the (mostly) dead bodies laying on all the furniture with only their thumbs moving. Didn't the managers of this establishment realize what TERRIBLE shape it was in? Didn't these same managers realize how much money every month we were paying in taxes and mortgage fees! I listened carefully for a reply but I could only hear my husband's thumbs moving as he had drifted off mentally and had taken another call.

I hung up and I decided to make my way down to snub level for a drink and a snack. When I went into The Kitchen Harbor room I sadly discovered that it was devoid of offerings with only a stray sprig of parsley or two limply decorating the counters. Horrified I asked a CM guarding the bar, who looked suspiciously like my husband, what had happened!? "It was HORRIBLE!!!!" he relayed. "A pack of pig like teenagers descended upon the offerings and emptied the trays onto their plates and then ran back to their rooms!. They were eyeing the liquor but when I told them that it would only be by the glass and that a CM was pouring they immediately lost interest".

I became flabbergasted at the thought of staying in an establishment that would host people much like myself so I stomped off to the GM's office to complain about these unfortunate "guests" and the living conditions that I found myself suffering under while staying at this resort. I was directed to the GM's office that oddly enough had a washer and a dryer in it surrounded by enough dust bunnies to populate the solar system. There was no one there so I left a post it note on the dryer stating how disgusting this resort was for not living up to my higher than high standards and that I would not be caught dead staying at this location ever again!

I stomped off and made the long trip back to my house, much relived that the quality of my living standards would be elevated to their lofty heights once again. As I walked in the front door I ran into my husband. He informed me that there was a note left on the dryer for me. As soon as I get the chance I'm going to run in there and see what is says.

~NM

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Oh damn, I meant to post yesterday at the four month mark...oh well. Three months and thirty days until I arrive! Lol

I had a quick review of my schedule yesterday and shifted an ADR to take advantage of EMH at Epcot one night, which left a nice lunch time hole. I'm planning on relaxing at the resort for a few hours and I'm tossing up between booking something like Beaches and Cream or just winging it at a lounge (it will just be me). Any thoughts?

See how hungry you are that day.... If hungry head to Beaches and Cream or Hurricane Hannhas.... if not go to the lounge for a snack
2 weeks from tonight I will be bragging to my Disney-loving family at our annual reunion that I am going to DISNEY and the BEACH CLUB tomorrow. All by myself

:banana::banana::banana:

this post made me want to book a trip

2 weeks from tonight I'll be packing our bags and jumping with excitement as it will be the night before we arrive at the BC. :banana::banana::banana:

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Woohooo 2 weeks from tonight I'll be... STILL IN NYC! I'm jealous :) :banana: :banana: :banana: :)

~N
Yeah but you have some amazing countdowns going on

2 weeks from today we'll be pulling into Universal :good vibes

Robyn love the Cobb Salad there, yum!! We have an ADR for a lunch and we order Cobb Salads & Grapefruit Cake!

Love,love, love the grapefruit cake!!!
We went to Universal for our Easter break and had a blast!

:Yeah but you have some amazing countdowns going on

This is true... this retirement trip really needs to happen already... I just keep booking things to do!! Thursday I booked the food and wine events and then last night I booked a mixology seminar... I think we are all booked solid now!! I booked a new event being offered this year that sounds really amazing, so I hope it's as amazing as it sounds :)

Looks like I am a little late to the two weeks from tonight party, but two weeks for tonight my mom and I will be checked into BC and having dinner at Boma!

I LOVE Boma!! I hope you and your mom enjoy your time together!!

I'm still jealous of all these august trips!!

~N

Off-topic maybe, but I have a question for you guys. Or questions.

We're less than 50 days out from our BC stay under a BB offer, and our plans might need to be adjusted.

2/3's of my party may have to arrive/depart a couple days earlier than originally planned. Airfare is booked and nonrefundable, but can, unless I'm mistaken, be modified. Also, another person has expressed interest in coming, but is not sure of how long/when she may arrive.

Am I correct in thinking anyone staying under our FD offer must have the same number of park tickets, etc.?

Is it possible for 2 out of 3 of the original guests to, for example, arrive 2 days into the reservation? And still use Magical Express?

If the 4th person does come, even if it's in the middle of our stay, is she able to use Magical Express? And what about dining credits? If only 3 of 4 guests are present during any part of the trip, are the extra credits available for use by the remaining party so as to not be wasted?

Or is none of this doable?

Sorry for so many questions.

It may turn out that I don't even need the info and everybody arrives at the same time/departs and it's smooth sailing and my minor freak out is a distant memory (why couldn't this have happened 90 days out instead of so close to that looming 45 day window?).

One last question...if these adjustments had to be made after day 45, would we likely be penalized with fees?

AskSiri

Please add us to the Be Our Guest list:

August 12-14 BCV (following a stay at BWV and before a stay at BLT)

Unfortunately 2 weeks from tonight we will be packed and catching our last zzzs of our trip.

We're less than 50 days out from our BC stay under a BB offer, and our plans might need to be adjusted.

2/3's of my party may have to arrive/depart a couple days earlier than originally planned. Airfare is booked and nonrefundable, but can, unless I'm mistaken, be modified. Also, another person has expressed interest in coming, but is not sure of how long/when she may arrive.

Am I correct in thinking anyone staying under our FD offer must have the same number of park tickets, etc.?

Is it possible for 2 out of 3 of the original guests to, for example, arrive 2 days into the reservation? And still use Magical Express?

If the 4th person does come, even if it's in the middle of our stay, is she able to use Magical Express? And what about dining credits? If only 3 of 4 guests are present during any part of the trip, are the extra credits available for use by the remaining party so as to not be wasted?

It may turn out that I don't even need the info and everybody arrives at the same time/departs and it's smooth sailing and my minor freak out is a distant memory (why couldn't this have happened 90 days out instead of so close to that looming 45 day window?).

One last question...if these adjustments had to be made after day 45, would we likely be penalized with fees?

AskSiri

:wave2: Hey AskSiri....
Not sure about the dining plan part. I haven't had experience changing it. But I know Magical Express can be changed at any time. All they need is your reservation number and flight number. We had to do this at the resort during some January ice storms.

page 176-178

Oh damn, I meant to post yesterday at the four month mark...oh well. Three months and thirty days until I arrive! Lol

I had a quick review of my schedule yesterday and shifted an ADR to take advantage of EMH at Epcot one night, which left a nice lunch time hole. I'm planning on relaxing at the resort for a few hours and I'm tossing up between booking something like Beaches and Cream or just winging it at a lounge (it will just be me). Any thoughts?

I may have the same "problem" in a couple of weeks. Some of the options I am considering:

1) Beaches & Cream
2) Hurricane Hanna's- I am tempted to try the seafood salad roll, although it has received mixed review
3) Hurricane Hanna's bar menu- special items available that are only available at the bar. I believe Nannette had some ahi tuna that was spectacular
4) Lobster roll from someplace at Boardwalk- gets awesome reviews
5) If I had a park ticket, I would consider take out from Tangierine Café or Sunshine Seasons at EPCOT (or Be Our Guest at MK)

:thumbsup2

I would like to be added to the Be Our Guest list: The Morris Family
Aug. 14-24, 2014. Celebrating my birthday!
:beach:party:party:

:welcome:

I would be happy to add you to the list!

BCV?

:woohoo:

Add us please. Aug 16-21 BCV.

Will do!

:cool1:

Please add us to the Be Our Guest list:

August 12-14 BCV (following a stay at BWV and before a stay at BLT)

Unfortunately 2 weeks from tonight we will be packed and catching our last zzzs of our trip.

I'll add you to the list.

:yay:

Well, hopefully in 2 weeks you will be remembering the great experiences you had during your spectacular trip. Sounds like you have a nice lineup of resorts on your itinerary.

:goodvibes

AskSiri

Adjustments made afterday 45 are penalized with fees if you end up spending less.

I'm tempted to suggest that the guests arriving earlier book their own package then reunite when other people arrive, with a new reservation. The 4th person arriving late could end up having extra park tickets/dining credits (or you could book another package again).

I may be wrong but I believe that dining credits are destined to a person or another but you should call and ask.

I believe everybody can take the magical express in their own time (according to flights) but they might have to claim their luggage, bring it with them and book at the ME counter at the airport.

But I really think you should discuss with you party to elaborate a precise plan and then call Disney to ask questions and make the necessary adjustments.

Dee - I was sadly disappointed in the seafood roll from Hurricane Hannah's.

I did really like the lobster roll from Captain's Grille (I'm sure it's the same one you can get at Crew's Cup) and the one from the Boardwalk Bakery is really good.

Of course you can't go wrong with a burger from HH or B&C!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter