• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be staying at YC for the first time in Sept with my 2 year old son. What would be a good room request so that I'm located close to BC Marketplace to get quick meals and mug refills? I've booked a Garden View Room. TIA!

With a GV room, I would ask for a room down at the end of the hall near one of the two side ("secret") entrances that you can slip out walk outside down to BC and you are right there. Ask for "Gazebo" view and you won't be disappointed. If you are in or near the lobby you save some steps but if you look at a map of the YC, I think you would be best served using one of the doors in the Gazebo alcove that gets you in and out quickly. Just my thought. It's still a three to five minute walk (five for me, three for my DW).

First NM, I loved your review. I asked DW to read it. She thought that maybe we had a visitor stop by that she didn't know was here! I am just sorry to hear that the GM (DH) was less than helpful.

Where will I be in two weeks? I'm just excited knowing I only have four months left before I am back home at the YC. It's been very busy at work the last five-six weeks so I'm trying to catch up a little this morning. I really can't wait to hear about the DIS meet and see the pictures. I hope you all get the chance to post and aren't suffering the "sunken treasure" effects the morning after. '

I went back to look for those postings from folks that had less than stellar stays at the YC. I really do enjoy reading those and contrasting them with all the great times I have had there. Can someone point out to me where I might find the one that was discussing the trays left in the hall? I always view those as great opportunities to see what great food others have had that I missed out on.

Again, looking forward to those pictures and reviews from the DIS meet in two weeks.

Katesdad

My Yacht Club/Club Level review is posted CENTER]​

Thanks for your review. I hope one of these days to be upgraded just to see what that feels like. Sounds like the WL is the place you really enjoyed the most. DW and I spent one night there about 10 years ago and we look forward to the day when we can go back for a longer stay. But for right now, the walk to Epcot is what keeps us at the YC. That, and the chance to visit with Teena over at the BC lobby.

Katesdad​

Weird,weird, weird... Friday night I booked the Beach Club for 1 night. The lady told me that she found 1 discounted (-30%) standard room available for ...480$ (tx inc). O.k. ... I book it but it bugged me a lot and I couldn't stop thinking about it. It sounds bit expensive for a discounted standard room, right?

Today I went on the website and found a discounted room (-30%) Garden View room at Yacht Club for 346$ (tx inc)...

How come is the Yacht Club room 134$ cheaper for a garden view than BC Standard view?

Is it possible that the CM made a mistake and sold me a non-discounted room at BC?

Anyways... Both resorts share the same amenities. So I switched to YC...

Just returned from our four night Beach Club Villa trip. Truly a great resort! Had a wonderful time and looking forward to returning. Grandchildren loved Storm-a-long Bay. Hope everyone enjoys their upcoming trips as much as we did!

2 weeks from today we will be checking into RPR for our over-nighter at the dark side.

We were there over our Easter break and had a ball. You really can't beat the FOTL access! RPR has a really nice breakfast layout in the lobby each morning.

Have fun!

Adjustments made afterday 45 are penalized with fees if you end up spending less.

I'm tempted to suggest that the guests arriving earlier book their own package then reunite when other people arrive, with a new reservation. The 4th person arriving late could end up having extra park tickets/dining credits (or you could book another package again).

I may be wrong but I believe that dining credits are destined to a person or another but you should call and ask.

I believe everybody can take the magical express in their own time (according to flights) but they might have to claim their luggage, bring it with them and book at the ME counter at the airport.

But I really think you should discuss with you party to elaborate a precise plan and then call Disney to ask questions and make the necessary adjustments.

Thanks for the info!

:thumbsup2

Weird,weird, weird... Friday night I booked the Beach Club for 1 night. The lady told me that she found 1 discounted (-30%) standard room available for ...480$ (tx inc). O.k. ... I book it but it bugged me a lot and I couldn't stop thinking about it. It sounds bit expensive for a discounted standard room, right?

Today I went on the website and found a discounted room (-30%) Garden View room at Yacht Club for 346$ (tx inc)...

How come is the Yacht Club room 134$ cheaper for a garden view than BC Standard view?

Is it possible that the CM made a mistake and sold me a non-discounted room at BC?

Anyways... Both resorts share the same amenities. So I switched to YC...

Sounds like a smart move! I slightly prefer the Beach Club but given the savings I would jump over to the YC in a heartbeat. Plus, the YC offers the advantage of full balconies for all of the rooms.

But I agree with you- the price you were quoted does not seem like a discounted rate.

:magnify:

Just returned from our four night Beach Club Villa trip. Truly a great resort! Had a wonderful time and looking forward to returning. Grandchildren loved Storm-a-long Bay. Hope everyone enjoys their upcoming trips as much as we did!

So glad to hear you had a great stay!

:goodvibes

18 days away from my beloved BC and as of this morning I am pretty much all packed. My family (who will pack the night before we leave) is saying I'm nutso!

Someone tell me I'm not that crazy!! :upsidedow

Jay

Phew!!!

I just updated the Be Our Guest list from the past few days and added on around 20 people to the list.

I hope I didn't forget anyone. Please, when you have a moment, check the list to make sure I have your information listed correctly. I am especially concerned with anyone who has a trip in Sept, Oct, Nov, December- make sure I have you in the correct year. :rotfl:

Please note- if you only listed your month, you will appear at the top of the list for that month. If I have your exact dates, I have listed you chronologically.

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

18 days away from my beloved BC and as of this morning I am pretty much all packed. My family (who will pack the night before we leave) is saying I'm nutso!

Jay

You're not crazy!

signed,

Your imaginary friend, Dee

;)

Jay

Nothing crazy to see here ;)

I've just spent the last 2 hours packing all the toiletries. 3 weeks worth takes up some space, especially when you factor in the amount of chocolate I have packed for various friends who we plan to meet up with! Along with 100 glow bands, light up balloons and hair bobbles.

I know I could but it all when I get there, but who wants to use up valuable holiday time hunting down the right shampoo etc. Plus, when it's all used up I have all that luggage allowance to take goodies back home.

Phew!!!

I just updated the Be Our Guest list from the past few days and added on around 20 people to the list.

I hope I didn't forget anyone. Please, when you have a moment, check the list to make sure I have your information listed correctly. I am especially concerned with anyone who has a trip in Sept, Oct, Nov, December- make sure I have you in the correct year. :rotfl:

Please note- if you only listed your month, you will appear at the top of the list for that month. If I have your exact dates, I have listed you chronologically.

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Dee, Thanks for all you do! :flower3: Our dates have changed. No longer in Sept, Our new dates for the Be Our Guest list are: Oct 24-Nov3.

It's a bit of an unusual split, all YC except for two days at AKL in the middle. While at AKL we have reservations for a late lunch at Saana one day and Jiko wine tasting and dinner the next. Then it's back to YC. It's the best of both worlds! :cheer2:

Our family just returned from a 7 night stay at AKL in a one bedroom villa. We had one of the few Club Level DVC rooms available anywhere. It was a splurge and it was wonderful. Yes there were some rips in the carpet and the furniture was dinged up in some places but the rooms there are wonderful. The lounge was great and the CM's were as helpful and friendly as any I have ever experienced. Mousekeeping was tip top and the buses were not really a problem.

I say that to say this: Beach Club is our Home. I so missed walking over to EPCOT to stroll around. I missed racing the boat back from Hollywood Studios. I missed StormAlong Bay. I missed Beaches and Cream.

I didn't see a single fireworks show because I didn't want to deal with the bus crowds. I ate at the food court (Mara) one time and ordered flatbread pizza. Same one you can get at the Market Place. AKL is beautiful but it's not home. WL is beautiful but it's not home. Grand Floridian is beautiful but it is not home. And I have stayed in all within a year.

I know the Y&BC is banged up right now and need of some TLC. I can wait. All resorts go through this cycle. And when they finish, ahhhhhhhh!

But one of the things I didn't miss out on seeing. The Greatest CM on Property!

Jay

If you are crazy then I am "crazier" :joker:
DD and I packed all of our clothes (minus undergarments) a few days ago and our trip is not until Sept 6th!!!
Here on the DIS is the only safe place to make such admissions, otherwise your average person DOES label you nutso! :yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter