*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

At first, the two of us were going to do matching costumes, but I'm not even sure I want to do one. Having been to two MNSSHPs already, I know that they can be a hassle to put together and wear for a whole evening in the Florida heat.

Thank you for saying that. That's a great point which makes me lean towards doing themed t-shirts instead. Plus there's no way DH will do a costume. Maybe DS9 would. But I can probably talk them into themed shirts.

So frustrated. CG Brunch has been playing hide-and-seek with me since my 180 day mark. A reservation finding alert got sent to my phone 10 minutes ago, but my phone didn't make a sound and I missed it.

So frustrated. CG Brunch has been playing hide-and-seek with me since my 180 day mark. A reservation finding alert got sent to my phone 10 minutes ago, but my phone didn't make a sound and I missed it.

Oh I hate when I miss an alert like that. I get a lot when I'm sleeping and see it hours later. I usually have good luck with TP but this trip I've been getting a lot more notifications with Mouse Dining. I'm sure your CG Brunch will pop up again soon. FX!

I got my Snow White dinner finally. I think I'm done with ADRs now. I booked the Beaches and Cream which puts me one credit over. Need to decide if I want to drop something or pay out of pocket.

Oh I hate when I miss an alert like that. I get a lot when I'm sleeping and see it hours later. I usually have good luck with TP but this trip I've been getting a lot more notifications with Mouse Dining. I'm sure your CG Brunch will pop up again soon. FX!

I got my Snow White dinner finally. I think I'm done with ADRs now. I booked the Beaches and Cream which puts me one credit over. Need to decide if I want to drop something or pay out of pocket.

Yes! TP never alerts me, it's always Mouse that gets me first! I'm still hopeful for CG brunch. Congratulations on Snow White!

60-70 minutes seems to be more reasonable for Rafiki's Planet Watch with a 3 year old.
My little guy is 3 and he loved Rafiki's last summer before it closed. He was 2 and loved meeting the characters, and Affection Section was a big deal for him. Plus if you have a FP or somewhere to be, leaving some time for the train and walking to where you're going is a safe bet. So I would lean toward 90, personally. There weren't a lot of kids there the day I'm thinking of and Doc McStuffins walked him around and spent a lot of time with him. Plus we had to drag him away from Affection Section for a FP, or he would have stayed longer.

I don't expect him to follow directions at all, LOL, but we are going to try the new drawing class FP in Aug. He'll be pushing 4 and may just be happy to sit and scribble in the A/C for a while. :) If we need to dart out, we can.

Thanks for the replies. I have allotted 90 minutes, we have a FP before and one after, but there is about 2 hours between them, so should be fine. I debated the drawing class too, but think that will have to wait until next trip haha.

I tried to add parades and fireworks to our Disney Plan today. It said the MK parade was at 3:00 on both 8/18 and 8/20. I thought it moved to 2:00 on party days (8/20). Can anyone confirm or correct?

My girls and I will be at the 8/20 party also!

Have you decided on costumes? I am not a Halloween person put DD11 wants us to do a little something. Her wish is my command. lol
We are doing diy villans with shorts, tees, tutus. Cruella, Jafar, Ursula, Evil queen, Red queen and Malificent. We love dressing up but cool and comfy is our goal with the Florida heat.

I will be staying off property at the Clarion Lake Buena Vista. It's a pet friendly hotel and I will be bringing my dog with me.

Got it. Roll Call has been updated. We are staying offsite too. We wind up paying a bunch less, and get a lot more room with better amenities.

Heading down 8/1-8/9! Cannot wait!

I have added you to the Roll Call for Aug 1 - Aug 9. What resort are you staying at?

Got it. Roll Call has been updated. We are staying offsite too. We wind up paying a bunch less, and get a lot more room with better amenities.

I have added you to the Roll Call for Aug 1 - Aug 9. What resort are you staying at?

I'll be at POP! Hoping to use the Skyliner :)

So excited, I just booked the frozen dessert party at Epcot as a surprise for my family. We have been 3 times and never been able to watch the fireworks for different reasons like illness, injury, ADR took too long etc. Fingers crossed this time! August needs to hurry up! I keep adding $$ to our trip lol. Halloween party, Cruella's and now the dessert party.

Last edited:
So excited, I just booked the frozen dessert party at Epcot as a surprise for my family. We have been 3 times and never been able to watch the fireworks for different reasons like illness, injury, ADR took too long etc. Fingers crossed this time! August needs to hurry up! I keep adding $$ to our trip lol. Halloween party, Cruella's and now the dessert party.

All your extras sound like fun! We’re doing the Halloween party. I haven’t bought the tickets yet. The dessert parties are really tempting but then I think about my kids only eating the icing off one cupcake. I would love it though. It’s my daughters birthday trip so doing something special would be nice.

All your extras sound like fun! We’re doing the Halloween party. I haven’t bought the tickets yet. The dessert parties are really tempting but then I think about my kids only eating the icing off one cupcake. I would love it though. It’s my daughters birthday trip so doing something special would be nice.
I keep using the excuse it's my birthday! I get a good amount of overtime so that's what is paying for the extras.

I keep using the excuse it's my birthday! I get a good amount of overtime so that's what is paying for the extras.

Enjoy it! Honestly if my kids ate dessert I would book one in a heartbeat. Now if it was a candy party they'd be ALL in.

I do like how you get to meet Cruella in that one and the Frozen you get to ride after. That's a nice bonus.

Starting to get very nervous about MK on Tuesday, 8/20. The FPs for that day seem to have disappeared faster than any other day that week. If I hadn't already done FPs, I would swap park days.

Starting to get very nervous about MK on Tuesday, 8/20. The FPs for that day seem to have disappeared faster than any other day that week. If I hadn't already done FPs, I would swap park days.
Probably bc of the party. The FP hours only go until 6 and some of the rides close at 5.

@skysmom99 Yes it's like a cooling towel. I added a link there for you to Amazon. My husband doesn't care for it but it helps with my boys! We're also trying to go bag-less. DS5 still needs a stroller so we found that throwing water bottles and a couple granola bars in the bottom of the stroller w/o them being in a bag is ok for no bag check! DH carries his wallet and phone. If I'm wearing a dress I hand over my phone to DS8 to carry in.

Careful with the granola bars. My children and I saw squirrels stealing them from stroller baskets during our last trip. Little buggers were bold. Ran right up to the strollers, snagged the bars and took off like a flash. I was amazed at how they were able to carry them considering how low to the ground they are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter