*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

I really don't want to wish my summer away (and I'm a teacher who just finished the school year last week). However, I just want to see Mickey! Anyone else wishing away the summer and ready for that August trip?

I just mentioned to DD recently when we had 36 days to go and she said she's excited but at the same time not ready - we get home 8/12 and then they start school 8/14 so wishing for our trip to get here is really like wishing for the end of summer.

I'm not wishing my summer away. We are 56 days out and I'm okay with waiting. I want to enjoy some beach and pool time. Plus when we get back from Disney, school starts back up and I'll have a big deadline at work. I'm really not looking forward to that.

Starting to get very nervous about MK on Tuesday, 8/20. The FPs for that day seem to have disappeared faster than any other day that week. If I hadn't already done FPs, I would swap park days.

That's why I was nervous about the 23rd but then I thought about how limited the fps are on party days. We've always had good luck touring on Christmas party days so I think it will be the same. 🤞

I'm not wishing my summer away. We are 56 days out and I'm okay with waiting. I want to enjoy some beach and pool time. Plus when we get back from Disney, school starts back up and I'll have a big deadline at work. I'm really not looking forward to that.

I'm actually missing the first staff day back to school, since my principal told me that teachers started the 20th. Oh, well! I never take time off, so I'm not concerned. Ugh on the big deadline, though.

I haven't even finished the school year...tomorrow is our last day but I'm still ready for our August trip!

Wow I thought that we were late when we finished last week. We finished a week later than some of the towns next to us.

I'm actually missing the first staff day back to school, since my principal told me that teachers started the 20th. Oh, well! I never take time off, so I'm not concerned. Ugh on the big deadline, though.

You guys start back up very early. We start back after Labor Day. You should enjoy your time off and you'll see everyone the 2nd day of school.

You guys start back up very early. We start back after Labor Day. You should enjoy your time off and you'll see everyone the 2nd day of school.

Usually students here (Northern Michigan) start the day after Labor Day, but our county decided to get a waiver from the state to start a week earlier. That means staff starts even earlier. It just makes for a short summer since we had to make up snow days and didn't end this last school year until last week. I'm going to enjoy this trip as much as possible since I haven't taken any trips in almost 3 years.

Another teacher here and going through the same feelings. I want the trip to get here quickly but I know that means summer is over. I realized that I’ll have to be getting my room ready in the middle of July. When you work in a 100 year old non-air conditioned building I guess you can consider it preparing for Florida weather in August. I also realized that I have inservice the day before we leave and the day after we return which means I’ll have to be ahead of the game with both packing and figuring out the post trip laundry chore. I’m not complaining though because it’s Disney! Can’t think of a better way to end the summer and kick off the new school year!!

I really don't want to wish my summer away (and I'm a teacher who just finished the school year last week). However, I just want to see Mickey! Anyone else wishing away the summer and ready for that August trip?

That's the conversation I keep having with my children. They are understandably excited about going back. And the excitement is doubled because we are taking my mom this time and she's never been. I am excited too; but in my mind is the fact that when this trip comes, it is almost time to go back to school. Plus waiting until August after the long school year is hard. This year we are taking an extra trip. I'm taking off work on July 5th and we are going to the beach next week for the long weekend.

All that being said, this will be our 3rd straight time going in August. I do like the lower crowds and going in August helped me in terms of earning enough vacation time; but before that, we used to go in June. For 2020 the goal is to go back to vacationing in June. Hope to start planning after this trip is over because I would like to get a cruise in next year.

I just got to thinking too that in addition to packing in the next couple weeks I have to school shop! ugh! We land at 2 pm the day we get home and DS' open house/move in night is that evening from 5-7.

Ok - back to happy thoughts and Disney planning - I don't want to think school right now lol.

We are also doing two after hours events and I am so excited to try that out! We are doing the Villains party the AK after hours event as well. So excited!

The only Fastpasses we weren't able to book were ToT and Slinky Dog...weird.

We are also doing two after hours events and I am so excited to try that out! We are doing the Villains party the AK after hours event as well. So excited!

The only Fastpasses we weren't able to book were ToT and Slinky Dog...weird.
I'm jealous of people going to the Villains parties. I'd love to do that, but there aren't any during our trip. My dd is a huge villains fan.

We did not get SDD, either, but I'm hoping to be able to pick up a FP the night before. If not, we'll be joining the masses early in the morning.

Same here about not wishing the summer away but I am very ready to be at Disney! We will get home on Saturday 8/24 and my teen grands start school on Monday 8/26. We are doing MNSSHP, Cruella's and the Frozen dessert party. We only go every 2-3 years and this trip is for my 🎂.

I haven't even finished the school year...tomorrow is our last day but I'm still ready for our August trip!
Tomorrow is my last day too. I am a school secretary so work two weeks after the kids and teachers leave. My cousin arrived from England yesterday for four weeks, then I have a scrapbooking trip for three days, then Disney. We get back on the 11th and I go back to work on the 12th. A whirlwind of a summer. First time visiting Disney in the summer. We usually go during Spring Break but DD19 is in college now so we have different breaks. :(. On the plus side flights were cheaper. :)

Yes! I am ready for the big August trip. I do love summer at the beach, but I love our Disney vacations even more. We're getting ready for a July 4th party, but once that's done I am going into full trip packing mode. I always find the last 2 weeks before the trip to be the toughest. I'm super excited, but I always get those pre trip jitters; like checking the Orlando weather forecast every day. ⛈☀☔

[
I'm super excited, but I always get those pre trip jitters; like checking the Orlando weather forecast every day. ⛈☀☔

Doesnt matter when our trip is...Oct, May, March etc... weather website always shows the same. Sunny with afternoon thunderstorms. I have to say we have been extremely lucky over the past 8 - 10 years. Practically perfect weather for each trip.

This is my first Aug. trip, but I have been mid September before so I expect most of the same..a tiny bit hotter. Now that DD is in HS, she cant miss school, so they only time we have 2 weeks to take off is during the summer. On the plus side, its my BDay during this trip and a BIG one at that :( Cant think of any better way to celebrate than being at the place I love most :)

We’ve done 4th of July twice but never August. We expect it to be a little hotter than that. It’s pretty humid where we live but FL temp is a little hotter. We have some pool time planned. I ordered new cooling towels yesterday. We learned to take breaks to cool off during the summer months.

This trip we’re planning more late afternoon & nights in the park. We’ll see how it goes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter