*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

[On the plus side, its my BDay during this trip and a BIG one at that :( Cant think of any better way to celebrate than being at the place I love most :)
Happy early Birthday. I am celebrating a big birthday during this trip too. And yes it will be great to be at Disney for it.

We’ve done 4th of July twice but never August. We expect it to be a little hotter than that. It’s pretty humid where we live but FL temp is a little hotter. We have some pool time planned. I ordered new cooling towels yesterday. We learned to take breaks to cool off during the summer months.

This trip we’re planning more late afternoon & nights in the park. We’ll see how it goes.
I've been to WDW in May and in November, never August. I'm a little concerned that I'll be a big, greasy spot on the sidewalk, but I survived a couple of summer trips to South Carolina when the actual temp was in the upper 90's. I have the old "I think I can" mindset. We're planning for long mid-day breaks and lots of water.

We went last year the first week of August, and have gone a couple times in July as well. The one time we went in July I think it rained the whole time but we still had a lot of fun. This trip originally started 4th of July (to think I would've flown out today or tomorrow) as we booked bounce back last year (and the 4th is my bday!) but then changed to November for the parents to come along but then back to August because of 6th grade camp right after Thanksgiving and baseball going on right now! It was a roller coaster planning for awhile lol.

We have been in June and August; but not July. To us, the heat was comparable; but it rained quite a bit more on our June trips which made our August trips a little hotter. But to be fair, two of our June trips we experienced named storms. Crowds seemed lighter in August. Only other time we have been was in November. The first time we went, my daughter had the entire week of Thanksgiving off from school. Really crowded; but amazing weather and the holiday decorations were up. I'd do it again given the chance.

I've been to WDW in May and in November, never August. I'm a little concerned that I'll be a big, greasy spot on the sidewalk, but I survived a couple of summer trips to South Carolina when the actual temp was in the upper 90's. I have the old "I think I can" mindset. We're planning for long mid-day breaks and lots of water.
I will save you a prime spot on the sidewalk right in the Hub where we will get great viewing of Happily Ever After :)

I got the last set of luggage this week, and took care of my dr check up. Then, there was an emergency visit to the dentist, as my mouth started killing me. Thankfully, it wasn't anything super serious, a round of antibiotics, and a cleaning, and I am almost feeling ready for all that good food at Disney :)

Finally had a chance to catch up on some of the past couple pages I missed (and I feel like I’m writing every post lol). I also am a teacher. My husband, DD5, and I are going the week before I go back to work and my daughter starts kindergarten. We will be there 8/12-8/18. My 30th birthday is the 8/20 (but that’s the day I start back to work) so I’m planning on celebrating at Yachtmen on 8/17 and the frozen ever after dessert party. This will be the 4th time we’ve done that party, it’s my absolute favorite and it will be our last time seeing illuminations (another favorite). My biggest stressor right now is our costumes for MNSSHP. We are going for the first time (we usually are there for MVMCP). I’m a bit obsessive about matching outfits on a normal day so the party is taking this to a whole new level lol. Trying to find a happy balance between my husband, who just wants to not be hot and me who will suffer for fashion 😂😂😂😂.

Our 2017 trip was our first in August, and here we go again! Yes, it's HOT and HUMID, and if I were at home, I'd be miserable with a capital M. But somehow, it just doesn't faze me at all in Disney :) Seriously, you have the right mindset, and you'll find it's not as bad as you're anticipating. There are plenty of ways to cool off, and you'll be so happy to be there that you won't focus on the heat.
Here's wishing all Augusters a fabulous trip!!

Trying to find a happy balance between my husband, who just wants to not be hot and me who will suffer for fashion 😂😂😂😂.

That sounds like my husband. His major concern is always being too hot.

He doesn't want to do a matching shirt or anything for the party. Which crushes my idea of coordinating outfits. My son is going to wear a dry fit Darth Vader shirt. So it's just me and dd6. She has a Jack Skellington dress so I want to coordinate with that. I was looking for Sally items but found a Zero tank top that I might go with instead. It's either that or I do a Halloween themed Disney snack tshirt. So nothing elaborate for me. 😢

We couldn't get BTMRR at 60+1 days out either (out of FP all day!) And we couldn't get SDD for any time at 60 + 2, but that's ok. We got everything else we wanted at the times we wanted, but lack of BTMRR also surprised me.

What day was this? I'm looking now at the dibb and I see FP for BTMRR available every day in August. Is this site(theDibb) not reliable?

What day was this? I'm looking now at the dibb and I see FP for BTMRR available every day in August. Is this site(theDibb) not reliable?

Not sure which day @OurLaughingPlace was referring to but BTMRR is not available on 8/23. Neither is Splash and 7DMT. I'm not familiar with Dibb. What is it?

Good morning! So excited as now the trip is OFFICIAL. I had booked a couple of months back but had been waiting for some confirmation on life stuff. lol

Booked FPs on Tuesday but girls and I decided to add a ticket day. Rearranged all our park days and ADRs along with our FPs. I hadn't been able to get SDD anyway so no real loss. They want to try BMT this trip so that was an easy one. We also got 7DMT for both MK days.

Now my question:
This is a quick trip (17th-21st) and DDs are (11 & 8). We are finally out of the stroller stage and I’ve never packed more than a small backpack anyway.

I was planning on using a small backpack to carry personal fans, water bottle, ponchos, charger, sunglasses and snacks. Now I’m wondering if we should each carry one? Or at least the 11yr old and myself??

Do you kids carry bags (i.e. fanny, cinch, tiny backpack?)
My kids do not carry a backpack. My DDs are 12 and 11 and carry their small wallets in my backpack that me and my DH trade off carrying. For summer I tend to pack it lighter since it's so hot. I could see my older daughter maybe wanting to do a mini backpack for our next trip but I will strongly discourage it since I know I'll end up having to carry it.

didnt see anyone post this yet but Beaches and Cream postponed their refurb to the end of August now so if you were bummed to miss it you may be able to get to it now.

Not sure which day @OurLaughingPlace was referring to but BTMRR is not available on 8/23. Neither is Splash and 7DMT. I'm not familiar with Dibb. What is it?
Sorry, should have been more specific. No BTMRR available after 7:00pm at 60+1 (August 7th). We are only going in for the evening that night and with our supper plans we wanted our FP for later at night. I guess I still thought I'd be able to get something. No big deal, we've added Peter Pan instead, but we have FP for Splash at 6:30 and wanted BTMRR after that, just to save us a few steps of back tracking later.

Just paid the final payment for our trip! Woo Hoo!

I just made our final payment as well. It was due July 1st so I was waiting just in case something happened. I went ahead and paid the last little bit off a little while ago so I didn't have to remember to do it Sunday or Monday. i also went ahead and pre purchased MM. Now I won't have to remember that later as well.

We’ve done 4th of July twice but never August. We expect it to be a little hotter than that. It’s pretty humid where we live but FL temp is a little hotter. We have some pool time planned. I ordered new cooling towels yesterday. We learned to take breaks to cool off during the summer months.

This trip we’re planning more late afternoon & nights in the park. We’ll see how it goes.

I am hoping that this is where hubby and I being from Alabama helps us. We are definitely used to the heat and humidity. We also know our limits in it so we know when we need to take breaks. The good thing is with this trip just being him and I, we can go at our speed and stop and get out of the heat when we need to. Between my ankle/foot issue (every since I broke it about 4 years ago I have issues when I am on it a lot) and hubby's foot/knee issues we will be moving slowly. It will be nice not having to worry about holding anyone else back as the day goes on.

We will be there for opening day this year. We were at opening day for Flower and Garden last year and it seems like the food is extra good on that day. I think they want to impress the people who post reviews. :)

We were in WDW last September and it was really hot. We didn’t get any rain, though. :)

We’re going to opening day too. Maybe everyone will be in line at SGE & there will be no likes. :teeth:

didnt see anyone post this yet but Beaches and Cream postponed their refurb to the end of August now so if you were bummed to miss it you may be able to get to it now.

Just checked and nothing available my whole trip 08/07 - 08/19 :( I dont think this rumor is true.

Just checked and nothing available my whole trip 08/07 - 08/19 :( I dont think this rumor is true.

It's true. I get email updates from WDW Prep School and Shannon says the refurb has been postponed till August 26th.

• Beaches and Cream at The Beach Club Resort was originally slated for a long closure beginning on August 6, but that date has been moved to August 26. The reopening date is likely to be in December 2019.

It's true. I get email updates from WDW Prep School and Shannon says the refurb has been postponed till August 26th.

• Beaches and Cream at The Beach Club Resort was originally slated for a long closure beginning on August 6, but that date has been moved to August 26. The reopening date is likely to be in December 2019.

Yes, I googled and found an article stating the same, though there is absolutely nothing available 08/07 - 08/19 on DME. I just called too and the CM said she didnt sshow any availibility. Hard to believe for 3 people nothing for 12 days at any time :( Im going to try to walk up first thing for lunch one day and hope I get lucky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter