*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

I do the same thing, starting with Disney only items. I always pack up the park backpack so we won't have to deal with it when we arrive. The first thing into the bag are the ponchos. :umbrella:
Poncho is first on the list for my wife. My son and I rarely use them. As a matter of fact, the Halloween party last year was the first time either of us used a poncho in probably the last 10 years. Needless to say, I had to buy us ponchos at the party lol.

Ekkk FP day is Sunday and FoP is my only worry ideally I want it on 60+2 but will take 60+4 as a 2nd choice or 60+5 or 60+6 in that order....

I’m not sure where to look first I’m thinking 60+4 then go back to 60+2. I’m not worried about anything else as this point.... so stressful!!!

How’d you do? I had a hard time compared to previous trips. I still need to tweak them. I’m hoping more SDD & 7DMT opens up. I was surprised to see BTMRR out of fastpasses on 60+1.

I have a Disney box. Does anyone else have this? There are items which we only use when at Disney so I just put them all together in a box and take them out when I start packing.

49 days!

giphy.gif

How’d you do? I had a hard time compared to previous trips. I still need to tweak them. I’m hoping more SDD & 7DMT opens up. I was surprised to see BTMRR out of fastpasses on 60+1.
I did ok, I got FoP at the exact time I wanted so feel good about that! We are doing early morning magic so didn’t try for SDD.

I’m worried that you said that about BTMRR may need to go grab one was hoping to do that stand by or a 4th FP....mostly because I don’t know how DD will like it....

I have a Disney box. Does anyone else have this? There are items which we only use when at Disney so I just put them all together in a box and take them out when I start packing.

49 days!

giphy.gif
What types of things do you keep in the Disney box? Just curious.

I just realized we are down to 38 days!! (recently changed our arrival date from 8/3 to 8/1 after we booked flights). I was going to further explain to DH that although flights were cheaper we still would be paying the same if not more by adding extra hotel nights - but I realized it's more Disney so if that's what he wants to save on flights I'm not going to complain lol.
I think I just about have everything set up. Just have to order items for the Fairy Godmother gifts the kids receive on our arrival day and hoping to do that today.
I'm trying not to rush it getting here though because we will get home on the 12th of August and then they go back to school on the 14th :( At least it's a nice way to end things before the school year and craziness kicks back in! And this trip is extra special because my parents are coming along and bringing my 2 nieces (one is getting a first trip so I'm so excited for her!) so we will have the 4 kids having fun (DS9, DD11, DN11 and DN10 - just turning 10 today!! :) ) My poor DS is going to get princess overload!! lol
We have a mini trip to Kings Island/Great Wolf Lodge over the Fourth and then after that I will start setting things aside here and there for this trip :)

I’m worried that you said that about BTMRR may need to go grab one was hoping to do that stand by or a 4th FP....mostly because I don’t know how DD will like it....

Splash is also out for that day. They were both there when I made my fastpasses yesterday morning but later when I was looking to tweak times they were both gone. I have always had good luck getting BTMRR as a 4th so it was very surprising when I saw it gone so early. I'm still hoping the lines won't be bad and it was on a party day so that is probably a big reason why.

I really had a hard time working out the times to get them to line up nicely.

We have a mini trip to Kings Island/Great Wolf Lodge over the Fourth and then after that I will start setting things aside here and there for this trip :)

That sounds like a fun trip. We're heading to the shore over the 4th. My son has a flag football tournament on the beach. Something to look forward to.

What types of things do you keep in the Disney box? Just curious.

Disney park fans, family Disney shirts, chilly pads (we could use these at other times but usually only at Disney), sunscreen, hats, moleskin, travel first aid, espresso machine (my dh thinks I'm crazy for packing this but it costs a small fortune to go to Starbucks, plus I hate their espresso and I'm a coffee snob), tide stick, & laundry pods. Some of the stuff seems like we should leave out, like sunscreen, but honestly in Wi we have like 3 months of summer.

Disney park fans, family Disney shirts, chilly pads (we could use these at other times but usually only at Disney), sunscreen, hats, moleskin, travel first aid, espresso machine (my dh thinks I'm crazy for packing this but it costs a small fortune to go to Starbucks, plus I hate their espresso and I'm a coffee snob), tide stick, & laundry pods. Some of the stuff seems like we should leave out, like sunscreen, but honestly in Wi we have like 3 months of summer.

As your Michigan neighbor, I hear you on the short summer (and this year it seems like it hasn't started yet). I'm starting to rethink my plan to go bag-less this trip. I may need it just to carry water and sunscreen. I lol'd on the espresso machine. What's a chilly pad? Is that like a cooling towel?

We also decided to drop our Cape May dinner for Homecomin' last night. We like Cape May but we've done it before and decided to try something new. Anyone eat there? I have only seen one bad review. The rest I've read were glowing.

Dont know if anyone replied (I am just back from my quick June Disney Trip :) ) but Homecomin' is awesome. Its a must hit on all of our trips.

As I just mentioned in the PP I returned from a quick little adults only trip yesterday and now I want to change every single things about this already planned, in the books, written in stone August trip hahahah. I think I will get over it once that Disney high wears off a bit though :)

@skysmom99 Yes it's like a cooling towel. I added a link there for you to Amazon. My husband doesn't care for it but it helps with my boys! We're also trying to go bag-less. DS5 still needs a stroller so we found that throwing water bottles and a couple granola bars in the bottom of the stroller w/o them being in a bag is ok for no bag check! DH carries his wallet and phone. If I'm wearing a dress I hand over my phone to DS8 to carry in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!