The depressing exchange rate.

we've just added half board premium for our February trip - we thought we had better do it now before they decide to put the prices up or something

Inventions here we come :cheer2:

:scared1: and to think i was moaning i got 1.1588 to my £ early december..... i wonder if we are being pushed into accepting going to the euro and joining the eu?????

scary tho - surely it cant go too much below £1=1eur????

I'm sure if you rung the hotel and asked they might, the worst they can say is no.

They told me they have added it to my reservation and will see what they can do. I might not get anything. I did mention that its my daughters christmas present and that we had been a lot this year and i wanted to make this trip really magical for DD.

She is going to love that so much, youre such a lovely mummy!!

we've just added half board premium for our February trip - we thought we had better do it now before they decide to put the prices up or something

Sweet lord thats gonna be fantastic, can't imagine how exciting that would be, I'm really excited about going HB standard!!:rotfl:

Oh you've made the leap! Where are you planning on eating? I'm still dithering over my decision...

Oh you've made the leap! Where are you planning on eating? I'm still dithering over my decision...

DH made the decision not me

Id still be dithering probably

Not sure where we want to eat - definitely Inventions and possibly California Grill (never been there before) and possibly Auberge as DD is coming out of the Princess stage but still likes them but we really liked the food there last time we went

DH made the decision not me

Id still be dithering probably

Not sure where we want to eat - definitely Inventions and possibly California Grill (never been there before) and possibly Auberge as DD is coming out of the Princess stage but still likes them but we really liked the food there last time we went

The vouchers are a fabulous saving for those places, aren't they? I tried to tempt DH with Inventions and CG. He wants 'bloke' food though and has been salivating over the steaks at The Steakhouse and the burgers at Annette's. The Wild West show is also a brillaint saving if your DD wanted to move away from the princesses...or is it you who is reluctant to give up the Auberge?;)

The vouchers are a fabulous saving for those places, aren't they? I tried to tempt DH with Inventions and CG. He wants 'bloke' food though and has been salivating over the steaks at The Steakhouse and the burgers at Annette's. The Wild West show is also a brillaint saving if your DD wanted to move away from the princesses...or is it you who is reluctant to give up the Auberge?;)

we've done buffalo bills twice and even though we loved it first time we didnt as much 2nd time as we knew what was coming.

we loved the food at auberge though.

DD still likes the princesses but doesnt like admitting it in front of her friends

DD still likes the princesses but doesnt like admitting it in front of her friends

Ooh yes, you must enjoy Auberge whilst you still can. My youngest DD wanted to wear her Cinderella dress to a character meal one last time last summer but when we got there I could tell she felt very uncomfortable and after the meal she wanted to go back to the hotel and change. No more Cinderella or Minnie dresses in our house :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

I wish they'd done the Auberge Princess meal when we'd first started going to DLRP.

Ooh yes, you must enjoy Auberge whilst you still can. My youngest DD wanted to wear her Cinderella dress to a character meal one last time last summer but when we got there I could tell she felt very uncomfortable and after the meal she wanted to go back to the hotel and change. No more Cinderella or Minnie dresses in our house :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

I wish they'd done the Auberge Princess meal when we'd first started going to DLRP.

It's such a shame, isn't it? My 9 year old doesn't want to do Auberge.:sad2: She would dress up as Hannah Montana but definitely not a Princess. I even bought her a Jasmine costume for Christmas, to try to tempt her - no luck though. I have bought my one year old a Snow White costume - she's too young to refuse.:rotfl:

My DD is 9 as well and if there was a Hannah Montana or High School Musical restaurant we would be having to eat there every day I think

However I think we will get away with doing the Princess thing one more time although Im not sure if she will dress up or not - I think she will (as long as her Belle dress still fits otherwise I'll be on EBay looking for another)

We've done that too - and we plan on Inventions and California Grill. :banana:

When we ate at Auberge last week I was thinking to myself that it was probably the last time. :sad1: I think Dtr would carry on, but later this year she turns 12 and would be classed as an adult. Expense!!!!

When i took my 15yr old friends daughter to DLP in Novemer, she had the kids menu in cafe mickey.

They never questioned us or anything.

i think we will deffintly be adding the halfboard to our trip then after reading all yur comments i was just looking at dlrp menus and 71E now for 1st buffalo bills when you think that actually is £71 each its shocking x:scared1: :eek:

shocking and depressing isnt it :(

when we went in dec it was a bit of a budget trip anyway ,so didnt plan on buying many souvenirs etc

good job!! we ate in cheaper places ,annettes and caseys for lunch etc

but that still is expensive for what it is,at the current rate :(

For me and Kyra to each at Annettes on Monday its about 35euros which is more than £35, shocking. But we will eat there because im not letting the economy ruin my trip.

today we changed up our £'s to euros for tomorrow.

the children changed up £136 and got 135 euros back :sad2:

we changed up £503 and got 505 euros back :sad2:

and that's at the post office with no commission!!!! grrrrr... to think, this time last year when we went we were getting 1.41 to the pound, so would have been taking almost 1000 euros this time! :mad:

I really hope it picks up for all of you who are going soon.

I've just booked a 2 week holiday for September to Kos hope it picks up by then.

HI, just to let you know the ECB (European Bank) is likely to cuts its rates on 15th Jan, and as a result the £ has strengthen against the euro.

its now standing at £1 = €1.09

Its a start !!

Well i am happy i booked and pay flights + hotel for a short trip to England we will do in April then :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter