The depressing exchange rate.

thelittlemermaid83

<font color=green>My reign will be a super-awesome
I went to a few places today to get some euro quotes for when i change my money up tomorrow.

Well the best quote i got for £300 was 303E from First Choice.

I was like holy :scared1: The rate was 0.95.

Thank the lord i have HB premium, but i think i will be substuting our meal at Annettes next monday for Mcdonalds :rotfl:

I know what you mean. The kids got some Euros for christmas and were asking me how much they're worth. They looked really confused when I told them it was the same amount in pounds lol. It's rediculous, but I too am glad we got the halfboard vouchers. I'm considering upgrading from plus to premium too. Hopefully it wont drop any more before we go though - at least it's easy to know how much you're spending ;) :rotfl:

I know what you mean. The kids got some Euros for christmas and were asking me how much they're worth. They looked really confused when I told them it was the same amount in pounds lol. It's rediculous, but I too am glad we got the halfboard vouchers. I'm considering upgrading from plus to premium too. Hopefully it wont drop any more before we go though - at least it's easy to know how much you're spending ;) :rotfl:

:lmao:

I have decided not to do any shopping till our last day.

I may end up taking a whole suitcase of snacks and drinks :rotfl2:

Im not even daring to think what the rate may be by the time we go in February

wow im so glad thats one thing i dont have to worry about. that must make things ridiculously expensive. what would have been a good exchange rate?? i know it changes all the time

wow im so glad thats one thing i dont have to worry about. that must make things ridiculously expensive. what would have been a good exchange rate?? i know it changes all the time

Well i would of been happy with a 1.20 exchange rate, would of got abit more then 303 Euros for £300.

I have told Kyra that she is not allowed to purchase anything over 15Euros :lmao: She wants a Donald balloon and a soft toy so think its one or the other for her.

I went to a few places today to get some euro quotes for when i change my money up tomorrow.

Well the best quote i got for £300 was 303E from First Choice.

I was like holy :scared1: The rate was 0.95.

Thank the lord i have HB premium, but i think i will be substuting our meal at Annettes next monday for Mcdonalds :rotfl:

:scared1: :scared1: OMG !!!! That's really bad!

Well i would of been happy with a 1.20 exchange rate, would of got abit more then 303 Euros for £300.

I have told Kyra that she is not allowed to purchase anything over 15Euros :lmao: She wants a Donald balloon and a soft toy so think its one or the other for her.

Id steer her towards the soft toy if you can Emma - it will last longer and save you having to buy another thing when she lets go of the balloon and it floats away

Id steer her towards the soft toy if you can Emma - it will last longer and save you having to buy another thing when she lets go of the balloon and it floats away

Well usually i pop the balloon before we leave and then stick it on her bedroom wall, but i would perfer her have a soft toy or something playable.

Kyra is just balloon obsessed. :confused3

Someone hit me if we come back with a balloon :lmao:

Because of the Christmas holiday, not all of my purchases have cleared on my credit card yet and I am thinking "hurry up and clear, for goodness sake, before the rate drops again!"
We bought a ride photo poster of POTC costing 20 Euros - that just cleared on my credit card account as £19.53. :scared1:

BTW - have I not noticed these before or is it a new thing? All the ride photos could be made into wall posters.

We bought a ride photo poster of POTC costing 20 Euros - that just cleared on my credit card account as £19.53. :scared1:

BTW - have I not noticed these before or is it a new thing? All the ride photos could be made into wall posters.

:scared1: :scared1:

Never knew you could make ride pics into posters:confused3 Bet that costs a bomb.

Not too bad - a really big poster was 25 Euros - with AP discount that came down to 20 Euros.

Not a very well lit photo - but this is the poster on my daughter's wall.

100_0810.jpg

Ouch :scared1:

I was complaining in the summer about only getting €1.42 to £1. Now we we all love that type of exchange again :)

:lmao:

I have decided not to do any shopping till our last day.

I may end up taking a whole suitcase of snacks and drinks :rotfl2:

:lmao: I usually laugh at people that pack food. My MIL usually packs cereal and everything like that when she goes on holiday, but this time I'm seriously considering taking cup-a-soups and those pasta/noodle tubs that you get that you just add hot water to :rotfl: We'll be taking a travel kettle with us so anything that you can make with boiling water I'll be taking with me :rotfl2:

We got 1.29 when we went in June. That was for the money changed before we left. The stuff I paid for by Visa at DLP was exchanged at 1.32

What a great photo!

I only usually pack fruit shoots for DD as she is a fussy drinker. But this time im taking drinks and snacks.

The exchange rate is really bad at the minute.I'm going tomorrow to get some money changed :eek: I've resigned myself to the fact that it is £1=1Euro :sad2:

I tried to explain to the boys tonight so they don't ask for too many toys but I think I'll be having a couple of those lovely posters ;)

You made me smile because you all sound just like we did when the old Lira changed to Euro: depressed lol

I think if the whole financial situation doesnt change all around the world it will mean less holidays for everyone in the future :eek: :sad::scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter