The depressing exchange rate.

You made me smile because you all sound just like we did when the old Lira changed to Euro: depressed lol

I think if the whole financial situation doesnt change all around the world it will mean less holidays for everyone in the future :eek: :sad::scared:

I agree, esp the way the economy is at the moment.

You made me smile because you all sound just like we did when the old Lira changed to Euro: depressed lol

I think if the whole financial situation doesnt change all around the world it will mean less holidays for everyone in the future :eek: :sad::scared:

I agree, esp the way the economy is at the moment.

I agree! If we'd known what the economy was going to be like now, we wouldn't have booked this trip. In a way I'm glad we did, but it's been hard saving for it and the kids have already been told they'll be lucky if they get another trip in 2009 and if they do, it will be towards the end :sad2:

I agree! If we'd known what the economy was going to be like now, we wouldn't have booked this trip. In a way I'm glad we did, but it's been hard saving for it and the kids have already been told they'll be lucky if they get another trip in 2009 and if they do, it will be towards the end :sad2:

I think i would of changed my euros up sooner than doing it now if i knew the rate was going to be so bad.

I have to start paying and saving up for our Sept trip, will add HB prem on to that aswell if the rate doesnt get any better.

Our silly Prime Minister (i am Italian and i want you to know it's not my fault if he's there lol) keeps saying we should spend more so the market would move and the economy go faster.
I say i WOULD spend more IF my salary would be higher, shame mine is just a little part of HIS.

Sorry a little OT ;)

I think i would of changed my euros up sooner than doing it now if i knew the rate was going to be so bad.

I have to start paying and saving up for our Sept trip, will add HB prem on to that aswell if the rate doesnt get any better.

Sounds like a plan :thumbsup2

Our silly Prime Minister (i am Italian and i want you to know it's not my fault if he's there lol) keeps saying we should spend more so the market would move and the economy go faster.
I say i WOULD spend more IF my salary would be higher, shame mine is just a little part of HIS.

Sorry a little OT ;)

We're being told the same thing, but like you say it's easy for the guys earning the mega bucks to say that, it's a bit different for the little people like us to put it into practice though

Sorry a little OT ;)

:lmao:

Have to say its the first time going that My firiend and I are taking lots of snacks and will be watching the pennies! Not so much that we are not going to have a great time but I'm afraid that I will just look at the price of everything and think OMG thats xxxx, we have decided not to eat in Inventions this time around as we would cry at having to pay € 60 for dinner = £60, I don't pay that at home for a nice meal!!!:scared1:

As we are stayign off site this time we can't purchase the vouchers but it certainly means next time we are more likely to stay onsite!

We're being told the same thing, but like you say it's easy for the guys earning the mega bucks to say that, it's a bit different for the little people like us to put it into practice though

The one i told before proudly said on television he had chosen as a Christmas present for his Grandchildren a specially made Superman toy with HIS face that can fly an elicopter.
He said the message is they are grandkids of a super-man.

Sad or just stupid - not to think how much it must have costed :scared1:

we have decided not to eat in Inventions this time around as we would cry at having to pay € 60 for dinner = £60, I don't pay that at home for a nice meal!!!:scared1:

That's how it is like over here, you go and have just a pizza and a drink, spend 20 euros and say *how cheap* when for the same price when it was still Lira around you could had had a nice FULL meal in a restaurant :sad2:

Meals for New Years Eve start from 80 euros up in my town :scared1:

I've always wanted to eat at The Steakhouse in the Village but because the Euro/pound situation I don't think we're going to be able to afford it :sad1:
Emma, I'm also thinking of Mc Donalds which I swore I would never do... :confused3
Oh well, I'm determined not to let it spoil our holiday although I will have to explain to DD that her xmas money isn't going to go as far as last time but we are staying in the DLH so it's not all bad :thumbsup2

I've always wanted to eat at The Steakhouse in the Village but because the Euro/pound situation I don't think we're going to be able to afford it :sad1:
Emma, I'm also thinking of Mc Donalds which I swore I would never do... :confused3
Oh well, I'm determined not to let it spoil our holiday although I will have to explain to DD that her xmas money isn't going to go as far as last time but we are staying in the DLH so it's not all bad :thumbsup2

I didnt except to eat there either, esp not for our first lunch. :(

I really want to eat at Annettes or RFC...boohooo i hate you Gordon Brown.

I read in the paper that more people are choosing to go to the likes of Australia etc as the exchange rate between the UK & Aus is still good, also more people are going to the US, whilst the $ has fallen its stil better value then the €.

We are usually very fortunate as we go to France quite a bit so we keep our € & never chnaged them back as you lose money that way anyway. However we have used all ours up. I won't buy until the rate gets a bit better

USA has been pretty popular here in the last times because of the Euro being stronger than the Dollar but they said on tv just yesterday London has became popular too during these holidays because of the rate change.

Of course we all try and go where we spend less - still until we win the lottery lol

I went and got my euros today.

315 Euros for £320.

I was not impressed. Looks like its a Mcdonalds for us on our first day.

Went and brought lots of snacks to take aswell today. My suitcase is going to be so heavy lol.

I went and got my euros today.

315 Euros for £320.

I was not impressed. Looks like its a Mcdonalds for us on our first day.

Went and brought lots of snacks to take aswell today. My suitcase is going to be so heavy lol.

:scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

Now that is bad!!! I was nearly crying when I went to get our Euros earlier this month... The exchange rate is so bad :sad1:

I feel for all of you going at the moment. We've just got our credit card bill and they charged £144 for 150E at the Auberge - definitely the most expensive meal I've ever had!!!

I have now decided to give Kyra lunch on the train and pick up a mcdonalds in the evening and eat it back in our room.

I just cannot afford annettes now :(

Well I went today and got some money changed :sad2:
Guess how much I got for £402???????

an amazing 395 Euro :rolleyes:

Brilliant or what

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter