The depressing exchange rate.

We have over 100 euros left from our previous trip, but just off shortly to change up rest of our spending money-and stock up on lots of snacks!!! :sad1:

Changed my currency up today at Tesco, cost £250.48 for 250euros :scared1:
Did a provisions/snack shop straight after needless to say :lmao:

We're quite lucky - there's one place left in town which is (or at least was when I walked past it this morning) offering £1=€1...

Worryingly, even the official rate is now (according to Google) 1.0253 Euros to the pound, so I'd be surprised if we don't have 1-1 officially soon.

I'm going to dlp on 18th jan and am also worried. :sad2: But I've been looking into this for a while and the best rate by maybe a euro is at fairfx.com. If you don't mind getting a prepaid mastercard credited with euros its the best rate going and alot safer instead of carrying all thatmoney around.

ps is it just me or are the weather reports from france a little worrying. Hope it doesn't spoil the trip.

take care all and happy new yr:cheer2:

Hoping and praying that the New Year brings a turn around for the £, otherwise I don't even want to think of where it might be by March. Got very excited yesterday when I rounded up all our spare change euros and found 32 euros, every little helps ! :rolleyes:

I have a few coins in change that i need to dig up. Hopefully i can find 35euros to pay for our meal at annettes lol.

Wow 6,20 euros, last of the big spenders me lol. That wil buy kyra a counter sevice meal lol.

we dont have any half board at the moment but seeing the euro getting worse and worse i think we will. We are only staying in the Santa Fe as we wanted to save our money for spends the only option for santa fe is the basic half board can we ring and ask to upgrade as if possible we will have the premium x

we dont have any half board at the moment but seeing the euro getting worse and worse i think we will. We are only staying in the Santa Fe as we wanted to save our money for spends the only option for santa fe is the basic half board can we ring and ask to upgrade as if possible we will have the premium x

Yes you can do that.

Right this is my money saving plan for next week.

Annettes when we arrive, will cost 30Euros.

All our main dinners are paid for the rest of the other days, i will then account 20euros a day on any snacks or drinks.

That will then leave me with 210 Euros for suveniours lol. Well I need to get 2 gifts for 2 people and im not spending more than 50euros as im a cheap skate lol.

LilMermaid, how are you guys getting there? When we drive, we find buying a couple of crates of drinks and taking them with us saves us a fortune.

LilMermaid, how are you guys getting there? When we drive, we find buying a couple of crates of drinks and taking them with us saves us a fortune.

Train, I have packed plenty of snacks and juice for Kyra and I so we should be ok. Just dont want to overspend when i get there.

well Jade got £90 for xmas and birthday with people not knowing what to get her...thats getting changed into euros (not all of it though) and Joshua got £25 (hes easier to buy for!lol) so again thats getting changed....that is ALL they are getting to spend on toys etc...Myself and Paul will prob buy a couple of wee things for the house or whatever but thats it....:sad1:

I bought Jade a 'bashful' plush from disney store and Joshua a Stitch plush all dressed up in winter gear...

I'm hiding them in their beds for the first night and saying its from Mickey!lol

so they will have a soft toy at least!:rotfl:

oh yeah and im stealing a shed load of breakfast, I have joked about doing it in the past but I'm being serious now!!:rotfl:

Got half board so that will help for night time!:thumbsup2

We are going with 400 odd euros for the 6 days, wish me luck!hehe!!

well Jade got £90 for xmas and birthday with people not knowing what to get her...thats getting changed into euros (not all of it though) and Joshua got £25 (hes easier to buy for!lol) so again thats getting changed....that is ALL they are getting to spend on toys etc...Myself and Paul will prob buy a couple of wee things for the house or whatever but thats it....:sad1:

I bought Jade a 'bashful' plush from disney store and Joshua a Stitch plush all dressed up in winter gear...

I'm hiding them in their beds for the first night and saying its from Mickey!lol

so they will have a soft toy at least!:rotfl:

oh yeah and im stealing a shed load of breakfast, I have joked about doing it in the past but I'm being serious now!!:rotfl:

Got half board so that will help for night time!:thumbsup2

We are going with 400 odd euros for the 6 days, wish me luck!hehe!!

I have asked the DLH for some balloons or something for Kyra for when we arrive which they said they will try and sort out, so that could be the balloon dilemma sorted lol.

I'm stealing from breakfast aswell, I'm taking my picnic hamper in :lmao: Joke.

I was cleaning under our bed today ....met a thousand dust bunnies :rotfl2: and I found 25.70E from our summer holiday in Donegal............yipee.......probably only worth £20 in the summer now worth £25.70 :thumbsup2

Emma are you being charged for the balloons?

Nope, they also said if i wanted to add anything else to ring the hotel and let them know.

Whether they do it or not who knows, i guess i will find out once we get to the room.

But i guess if you dont ask you dont get.

Nope, they also said if i wanted to add anything else to ring the hotel and let them know.

Whether they do it or not who knows, i guess i will find out once we get to the room.

But i guess if you dont ask you dont get.

It will be part of the DLH welcome?:confused3 Can't see them doing that for the Cheyenne!:rotfl:

Thats nice though that they are doing that! xx

It will be part of the DLH welcome?:confused3 Can't see them doing that for the Cheyenne!:rotfl:

Thats nice though that they are doing that! xx

I'm sure if you rung the hotel and asked they might, the worst they can say is no.

They told me they have added it to my reservation and will see what they can do. I might not get anything. I did mention that its my daughters christmas present and that we had been a lot this year and i wanted to make this trip really magical for DD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter