The 4th Annual Christmas Shopping Thread!!

Keep an eye on Best Buy for the tv, but also amazon. Amazon has a Haier 32" tv for $199 with free shipping. The price fluctuates, because it's like a $100 off, so you could go on there today and it be $329 but later on it will be bac down to $199. Not sure if that's the size your looking for but hope it helps:thumbsup2 I got my dad a tv for christmas too, and ened up getting a deal of the day on best buy for a 37" for $239

I had been checking Amazon and even had a 32 inch in my cart from a Lightning Deal but I thought it would be better to get one at a b&m because if by chance anything was wrong with it, I or my dad could just run it back to the store. I ended up finding one at Target on sale for $229, and I had $30 in GCs from other promos and used the $10 GC with a $50 purchase. After all that and using my Red card I ended up spending under $200 which was my goal :thumbsup2

You got a great deal on a 37 inch :thumbsup2

So dd5 found a Madame Alexander doll at Costco yesterday for $29.99. She used her birthday money to buy it. I already bought the My first Belle Doll and I swear they look like twins! Now I'm thinking I should return the Belle Doll. There's also a possibility my MIL might get her an AG doll. She asked about those and I said I wasn't sure if she would like it or not.

Anyway, I would love to come up with something else that dd didn't ask for and would be so excited to get. I just can't think of anything!

Is 5 too old for a Leappad? Those things are AWESOME! They are hard to find though but not impossible.

I had been checking Amazon and even had a 32 inch in my cart from a Lightning Deal but I thought it would be better to get one at a b&m because if by chance anything was wrong with it, I or my dad could just run it back to the store. I ended up finding one at Target on sale for $229, and I had $30 in GCs from other promos and used the $10 GC with a $50 purchase. After all that and using my Red card I ended up spending under $200 which was my goal :thumbsup2

You got a great deal on a 37 inch :thumbsup2

Glad you were able to get your tv!!! Yes, I did get a deal. When I saw it on the deal of the day with BB I jumped on it! Glad I did because it was gone pretty fast!!

The earrings I ordered from Amazon were delivered a few days ago. Here's a copy and paste of the review I wrote on Amazon:

The earrings are small, but cute. They measure about 11/16" from top to bottom, including the wire. The ball and rings measure about 3/8" across. They are a very nice golden color. I would have given the earrings 4 stars (4 1/2 if that was possible), if it weren't for the packaging.

They came in a small drawstring pouch, in a square cardboard box, with a layer of white batting-type stuff -- something you might typically find in a jewelry box from a discount store. As if that weren't bad enough, the box has a UPC code/description sticker on the bottom. I expected these to come in a velvet box, with an earring-holding insert -- something you'd get from a jewelry store. I've seen better (and more appropriate) earring boxes at Kmart and Claire's. This box makes the earrings seem cheap. I was planning to give these as a gift, but I will have to purchase a better box first (if I can even find one).

So, does anyone know where I can find a nice earring box to put them in? You would not believe how cheap this box looks. If I can't find a nice box for the earrings, I'm going to return them. I really do like them, but I cannot give them in this box. My sister will think I bought them at Dollar General or something. :rolleyes:

The earrings I ordered from Amazon were delivered a few days ago. Here's a copy and paste of the review I wrote on Amazon:

So, does anyone know where I can find a nice earring box to put them in? You would not believe how cheap this box looks. If I can't find a nice box for the earrings, I'm going to return them. I really do like them, but I cannot give them in this box. My sister will think I bought them at Dollar General or something. :rolleyes:

You can buy gift boxes at kmart and walmart. In the christmas section where there are giftboxes you can get jewelry boxes there. You will have to put the piece of cotton in the bottom and set the earrings on top. Or you can go to the jewelry counter and ask if you could buy a jewelry box.
But it's not uncommon to receive jewelry in a box of that type, especially if they ran out of the velvet boxes.

You can buy gift boxes at kmart and walmart. In the christmas section where there are giftboxes you can get jewelry boxes there. You will have to put the piece of cotton in the bottom and set the earrings on top. Or you can go to the jewelry counter and ask if you could buy a jewelry box.
But it's not uncommon to receive jewelry in a box of that type, especially if they ran out of the velvet boxes.

Thanks! I'll ask at the counter. I don't want the kind of box with cotton in the bottom. The earrings are leverback and they don't look nice at all just laying there. :headache:

I don't think they ran out of velvet boxes, I think to keep costs down Amazon uses those generic boxes. I'm guessing they were dark blue :)
I purchased 2 pair of earrings for myself, a pair for dd and 2 necklaces for her too. One of the necklaces even had diamonds in it, and every item came the same way. They were in a velvet bag and then put in the box.

Jcemom, if it makes you feel any better, I received a gold necklace from Tiffany and it came in a velvet envelope pouch and that was inside their signature box :)
You could make your own card to put the earrings on, just use a piece of cardstock. I wouldn't return them just because of the box they came in, especially if they are nice earrings, your sister won't even notice the packaging.

I don't think they ran out of velvet boxes, I think to keep costs down Amazon uses those generic boxes. I'm guessing they were dark blue :)
I purchased 2 pair of earrings for myself, a pair for dd and 2 necklaces for her too. One of the necklaces even had diamonds in it, and every item came the same way. They were in a velvet bag and then put in the box.

Jcemom, if it makes you feel any better, I received a gold necklace from Tiffany and it came in a velvet envelope pouch and that was inside their signature box :)
You could make your own card to put the earrings on, just use a piece of cardstock. I wouldn't return them just because of the box they came in, especially if they are nice earrings, your sister won't even notice the packaging.

Yes! It's a dark blue cardboard box, lol. I don't know. I'm still a little miffed about it. There were no reviews on those particular earrings, but I read a bunch of reviews on other DuraGold jewelry and so many people mentioned receiving a nice, velvet gift box. I was rather disappointed to open my package and see that cheap cardboard box with cotton batting inside. In a nice gift box the earrings would look great! I'm not sure they're nice enough to look great in a cardboard box. They're pretty, but they're small. I guess at least there's a big sticker right on the bottom of the box proclaiming that they're 14k gold, so she won't mistake them for gold-colored metal. :rotfl:

Hi shoppers!!
I have been off the boards for quite a while! Shortly after we returned from vacation, I had to put my laptop in the shop...again!! Glad to see y'all kept the thread rolling!! Also, my oldest turned 16 a week ago! So,...most of the christmas shopping is finsihed!! couple of gifts for hubby, mom, and baking for the gift tins we do for friends and that's it!!

:welcome: Back Disney Mommy 3!

I keep thinking I am almost done -- and then my dh just pops up with things he wants...and of course I feel compelled to try to find them. I swore I was done with the Mall, but no...I really don't want to go back there, but there's no way around getting what he wants. A red tie with blue -- wouldn't you know that wasn't one I picked out? :headache:

My dh is awesome, but we have completely different approaches to purchasing gifts. I'm almost done, he's barely started -- and he only has me to do :rotfl: I take care of everyone else in both families, I suspect like most ladies. I guess I should just be grateful I'm not buying my own gifts :goodvibes

My stockings are even stuffed, I am so happy I started early, kept buying as I went, and now I can relax some and enjoy the holidays! :santa:

I hope everyone else has the same feeling of peace :thumbsup2

Maria :upsidedow

Last night dh and the kids were watching Christmas shows on tv and they made brownies so I had time to hide in my room and wrap. I'm so happy because now everything is labeled and a lot of the gifts are under the tree. I finally know what's left that I need to get. At least now I can "budget" for the rest of the gifts.:rotfl2:

Okay, done! I love reading what everybody else is giving, so here's my finally completed list:

DH:
-book
-Swiss multi-tool
-gloves

DD3:
-books
-clothes and dress shoes
-DVDs
-preschool workbook (learning letters, etc.)
-doll-sized Ergo carrier
-pink ukulele
-doctor's kit
-stocking stuffers: socks, tights, toy school bus, toy Care Bear, nail polish, head band, stick-on earrings, shampoo, cookie, stuffed gingerbread man, chopsticks, small books, playdough, stickers

DS8months:
-books
-clothes
-Jack-in-the-box
-wooden airplane
-cloth diapers
-stuffed rabbit
-stocking stuffers: socks, baby food, Charlie Brown doll that plays music, bubble bath, rings for attaching toys to stroller, board books, foam football, little tin mug

DB:
-gift card for a grocery store (boring gift, I know, but it's what he needs)

DDad:
-Cineplex gift card
-small canvas painted by DD

DNiece10:
-acrylic paints
-paint brushes
-2 small canvases for painting

DNephew8:
-build-your-own mini light saber
-Star Wars gadget that says lines from the movies when you push buttons

DMom and DStep-Dad:

DMIL and DFIL

So that's it, although I may make a couple donations in the name of people who have asked for no gifts. It looks like a lot when I write it down, and I've got to pack it all to bring on a plane :scared1:

So that's it, although I may make a couple donations in the name of people who have asked for no gifts. It looks like a lot when I write it down, and I've got to pack it all to bring on a plane :scared1:

Oh that sucks. I've BTDT and never again (I sucked it up on the way home and shipped our loot back home Fed Ex). Wishing you much success :)

Is everybody ready?

I'm finishing up my wrapping. Think I've bought pretty much everything. Still waiting on a couple of things to come in this week. Including the new camera I bought myself which I REALLY need before the 24th. Ours got ruined by juice of all things while at Disney.

May still go buy the little one some Melissa & Doug Jumbo Crayons if I happen to be in the ToysRUs area this week.

I still need to buy a card for DH, something for my Granny, and something for my sister (I returned the Amazon earrings). :rolleyes:

Yesterday we braved the mall so the kids could visit Santa and I was able to get the last of the presents as well. It's a happy and sad feeling knowing my planning and looking for the perfect gift is over. I guess I can still shop for a few extras, lol. :rotfl2:

We went through our storage today and I found 3 boxes full of unwrapped presents. This is perfect because I had 3 more kids I had forgotten to buy for and their presents were waiting right in there. Also, now my kids will have even more gifts for Christmas and so will I. I love when I forget all the extras I bought before hand. It feels like I am shopping my own stash of goodies.

[/QUOTE=Spoonful of Sugar;43510563]DD has informed me that Santa only brings one gift. Wish she had told me that back in August when I started shopping! :rotfl:[/QUOTE]

NO KIDDING! LOL.

Well, I think I'm done & ready. I have to wrap the scrapbook calendar DD finally finished making for my mom and dad and I am waiting for a package from Kohl's (found DH a pair of Isotoner smartouch gloves since he's outside in the cold a lot and you can use your touchscreen phones with these gloves on...got myself a pair too ;)).

DH informed me yesterday that he rush ordered an AG doll for DD. I'm not happy about it, but I can't get mad at the guy either. He travels A LOT and I think he feels really guilty about that when it comes to DD and she was showing him "all the cool stuff" in the AG catalog Sunday night while they were cuddles up on the couch, and she showed him the the look like me doll, so that's on it's way, complete with the braces which I thought was cute that he even thought to add those. So, once again, DD is getting way more than planned, which happens every year.

Today is my baking bonanza day and I need to get the house cleaned and ready since I am hosting Cmas Eve Eve for my side of the family and Cmas Eve for DH's side of the family....lots to do these next 2 days and I'm having a hard time getting in the mood with the warm weather we've been having. I'm no fan of cold weather, but I could stand it to be about 10 degrees cooler for Christmas!

Happy Holidays to everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter