The 4th Annual Christmas Shopping Thread!!

I feel your pain. The only thing actually on ds's list is an ipad...I go back and forth. I have a big gift card for Target, so I could get it without breaking our bank. I'm just not sure if I need to buy the most expensive one for it to meet his needs? :confused3 I guess I need to do some research and ask someone who isn't trying to sell me the most expensive one...

Maria :upsidedow

I wanted to mention that a big difference between Ipad 1 and Ipad 2 is that the 2 has a camera and the 1 does not. Otherwise of course its the storage. I have the Ipad2 for work and it is awesome (I work with hospitalized children).

Well, I just ordered the tv for my dad for christmas. Best Buy had the 37' for $239 so I bit the bullet and got it. Better than standing in line at walmart on BF.

So now I only have to go black friday shopping with my dad. Oh boy:lmao:

I just have some gift cards and stocking stuffers now and I think I am done!

As I was done with my own shopping, my mom asked me to pick up a few things for hers LOL I have asked her to cut back on presents for the kids this year, and she has........sort of. ODS has asked for Skyrim, so she is buying him that. DD and YDS went through the Disney Store Sunday night, and pointed out things they liked. My mother (and this usually applies to us, as well) is no where near a Disney Store. She asked me to go back and pick up the Animator's Doll (Belle) that DD wanted, and the Finn McMissile RC car that YDS asked for. Of course, I happily did LOL Who am I to refuse an excuse to shop? ;) The Belle doll is really cute, I just hope she isn't disappointed in the quality, she's gotten used to her AG dolls. Mother is also giving them a rather large amount of cash. I have already told them that some of it will have to be saved. They weren't overly thrilled to hear that, but I know MIL gives cash and FIL may also this year....no need to go nuts when they JUST will have unwrapped several things at home. I figure they will thank me, about April, when something comes out that they "need", for which I am refusing to put out $$ LOL LOL

I've finished shopping for all the kids (mine, nieces and nephews, etc), my in-laws, DH, and my brother...now I am left with those who are tough to buy for. I still have to think of something for my parents, my sister, and DD's dance teachers. Ugh. :confused3

I wanted to mention that a big difference between Ipad 1 and Ipad 2 is that the 2 has a camera and the 1 does not. Otherwise of course its the storage. I have the Ipad2 for work and it is awesome (I work with hospitalized children).

Thanks! This is a big difference. I will definitely be getting the Ipad2!

Oh! And for anyone who likes B&B -- you can get their black friday bag online today -- I just finished up with lip glosses for nieces, grandmas and aunties, and got the bag for myself ;)

Maria :upsidedow

I got a call yesterday that my Grandma passed away. I can't believe I just lost my Mom and Gram within 3 weeks of eachother. This is going to be a hard holiday season, but I am trying.

I bought my dd10 the Monster High DS game on Amazon. Its getting hard to find at stores and I am honestly having a hard time getting out and shopping Because I just don't feel like it. I also got her the Toralei doll and got both dd10 and dd8 American girl doll mini dolls they have been begging for. That will be for their stocking. My dd2 is done and I need to get dd 7 months and outfit. I still have stockings to do though for all of my kids. They have like 4 foot stocking (yes, I know I am a nut) so it takes a bit to fill. I am putting a few bigger items in to take up more space though! lol

I have to make dh his beef basket of love! A big basket filled with every processed beef product I can find and some of his other favorite snacks.

Stepsibilings and I arent going to exchange thankfully, just for the kids. I got 3 of the 4 kids done.

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!

I am Thankful my Mom and Gram get to be together for Thanksgiving.

I got a call yesterday that my Grandma passed away. I can't believe I just lost my Mom and Gram within 3 weeks of eachother. This is going to be a hard holiday season, but I am trying.

Oh, Michelle......my heart goes out to you. Lots of hugs and prayers being sent your way. :hug:

Well Monday I went out to Best buy to buy a DLSR for my Christmas present. I got the body and lens with the second lens a 150.00 off. So my total was 670.00.

Today while surfing the net I went to amazon and they had the same camear and the two lens for 50.00 cheaper. So I ordered it and now I have to go and return the one I bought at best best!:rotfl2:

I don't want to go out tomorrow after work! It's going to be a mad house but if I don't do it tomorrow I'll forget about it and be out 670.00!!!!

I bought my dd10 the Monster High DS game on Amazon. Its getting hard to find at stores and I am honestly having a hard time getting out and shopping Because I just don't feel like it. I also got her the Toralei doll and got both dd10 and dd8 American girl doll mini dolls they have been begging for. That will be for their stocking. My dd2 is done and I need to get dd 7 months and outfit. I still have stockings to do though for all of my kids. They have like 4 foot stocking (yes, I know I am a nut) so it takes a bit to fill. I am putting a few bigger items in to take up more space though! lol

I have to make dh his beef basket of love! A big basket filled with every processed beef product I can find and some of his other favorite snacks.

Stepsibilings and I arent going to exchange thankfully, just for the kids. I got 3 of the 4 kids done.

So sorry to hear about your loss:hug:

Well Monday I went out to Best buy to buy a DLSR for my Christmas present. I got the body and lens with the second lens a 150.00 off. So my total was 670.00.

Today while surfing the net I went to amazon and they had the same camear and the two lens for 50.00 cheaper. So I ordered it and now I have to go and return the one I bought at best best!:rotfl2:

I don't want to go out tomorrow after work! It's going to be a mad house but if I don't do it tomorrow I'll forget about it and be out 670.00!!!!

Which camera was it that you got?? I've been keeping my eye on these!

Which camera was it that you got?? I've been keeping my eye on these!

Oh it's the bottom of the barrel of DLSRs but way better than my point and shoot! LOL I picked up a Canon T3 with the kits lens and a 55-250mm lens!

I went in tonight to Bestbuy and returned the one I bought there!

So sorry for your loss.

I love your beef basket of love. My DH would go for that. I might steal the idea :)

So sorry for your loss.

I love your beef basket of love. My DH would go for that. I might steal the idea :)

Its funny, dh and I said we wont exchange gifts this year because we are going to Disney. The other day, with the saddest look on his face, dh said, "so I don't get my beef basket of love?". :lmao: It was so funny that if I wasn't planning on getting it before I would be now! I am a vegetarian and I think he has a fear every year that I will decide he shouldn't get his basket. He's so cute! :rotfl:

Curious if anyone ordered from American Girl today. Their FB page is blowing up with unhappy customers regarding unavailability, slow website, having to pay shipping. I'm glad I just sucked it up and paid the shipping costs back in October to be sure I got what I wanted to get since DD wanted everything Kinani. Did anyone place an order?

I placed an American Girl order this morning right when it went live and didn't have any issues at all. DD is getting the bitty twins for Christmas, so I was really only looking to get a few things for them. I got the pajamas and an outfit for the boy, two outfits for the girl, and an outfit for my American Girl doll :rotfl:. Total was just over $50 even with shipping so I was happy :goodvibes

Curious if anyone ordered from American Girl today. Their FB page is blowing up with unhappy customers regarding unavailability, slow website, having to pay shipping. I'm glad I just sucked it up and paid the shipping costs back in October to be sure I got what I wanted to get since DD wanted everything Kinani. Did anyone place an order?

Totally forgot to even look. :headache: But like you I shopped a while back so really didn't NEED anything. I also stocked up big time at Michaels on Saturday because all of the AG crafts stuff was 50% off.

So over the course of the past few days I've made a huge dent in my shopping.
Dh:
Panasonic Multi Directional Iron - I don't iron and he's a freak about ironing and hates our current one. Will be an unexpected hit for sure. :laughing:
Lord of the Rings Blu-Ray collectors edition
Around the ear headphones (for when he does the lawn)
New set of various pliers
New set of various screwdrivers
Maroon 5 & Aerosmith Classics Live CD's

Ds10:
Lego Mindstorm NXT
Mindstorm book
Combo Safe that looks like a book
Pokemon Black DS game
Harry potter years 5-7 DS game
Hex bug nano blue
Hex bug ant
Dagedar - 2 marbles
PJ's & Socks

Ds8: (Beyblade freak)
Beyblade Stadium
Travel Beyblade Stadium
Tornado Bey
Fusion Bey
Automatic Bey spinner (2 diff versions w/ diff abilities)
Combo Safe that looks like a book
Pokemon White DS game
Hex bug nano green
Hex bug ant
Dagedar track and 2 marbles
PJ's & Socks

Dd6:
American Girl Kanani
Kanani Shaved Ice Stand
American Girl crafts - bracelets, rings, pins, photo album
Cooking Mama Outdoor Adventures DS
Kirby Mass Attack DS game
Monster high door minder
Zoobles
Hex bug nano purple
Hex bug ant
Dagedar 2 marbles
PJ's & Socks

Then we also have wii games for all 3 of them:
Skylanders
Just Dance 3
Super Mario 3

PLUS we are making up bags for each with a bunch of Disney goodies inside as part of the surprise announcement that we are going to the parks in Jan. :cool1:

For the IL's:
Keurig Machine - Office Pro B135
Basket of assorted K cups, Chocolate spoons, ceramic mugs, & disposable travel cups.
FiL- Gorillatorch Adjustable Tripod Flashlight
MiL- Jewelry Tool Holder (she always admires mine)

My Mom:
AAA Membership
Basket of Kcups, Chocolate spoons, and disposable travel cups.
Sweater blanket/wrap type of thing
Slippers

Nephew:
Skylanders - wii
Hex Bug nano

Still need to buy for SiL/BiL. and pick up gift cards for the kids teachers. I also need to make loads of William Sonoma peppermint bark and chocolate dipped pretzels for everyone else we do "little some things" for.

I ordered from AG this morning at like 1:30, a few minutes after the sale went live. I got
2 sweatshirts
2 jackets
raincoat and boots
summer overall outfit
2 star outfits
2 U outfits
2 carrying bags
a book and maybe something I am forgetting.

I bought half, decided I wanted more and made a 2nd order. Paid more for shipping but, thats my fault. I don't know why people are mad about paying for shippig, I have every year for Cyber Monday. I never think they have a huge selection, but they had what they usually have, a bit of this and that. I don't see any difference between this year and that last 2 before now.
My girls are going to be so excited!

I placed an order this morning, around 9:00ish. There wasn't really anything I NEEDED. I was just looking to see what I was interested in at the discounted prices. I ordered Kanani, her chair, her seal, Kit's desk, and a few other things for DD last week. She wanted the shave ice stand, but by the time she TOLD me she wanted it, it was sold out. :headache:

Here's what I ordered today (there were a couple things I'd have liked to get, but they were already sold out...earrings for $3 & the raincoat set):

Snowflake Pajamas for Girls $21.00
Snowflake Pajamas for Doll $12.00
Pet Travel Carrier $10.00
Dazzling Desserts Book $6.00
Kanani's Photo Album $4.00
3-D Studio Book $6.00
Dance! Book $4.00

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter