The 4th Annual Christmas Shopping Thread!!

Hey girls! my kids have NEVER thought one present from Santa was the norm!! :) I am finsihed except for my mom...I did her a large pretty basket...ya'll know the Smith & Hawken stuff at Target? Well, I got her one of those big baskets she wanted and am filling it up...got a pretty bird feeder in, and got her some gift cards for places she frequents when she has some extra cash. Got a Chick Fil A, a Starbucks and will get a few more today. Today was supposed to be our cookie/candie baking day for our friends-we make tins for some of our friends every year....but I woke up with a sinus headache this morning. It is the weather here! Hot one day with flip flops andAC then the next day is heaters with UGGS...I have avoided it all year, but my head it pounding today!! So,..I am laying around hoping it eases up-if not, I will just work on the cookies tomorrow!!!
Are any of ya'll to the west of me getting that crazy snow storm that may cause a whiteout?

So I thought I was done. Gifts all bought, wrapped and hidden in upstairs room. Made the mistake of going to Walmart for eggs today, thats it just eggs. Thought I would check out the Monster High aisle just to see. BIG MISTAKE!! They had the build a monsters, Toralie, Cupid, the sweet 1600 dolls and the skull beach dolls. Lets just say Lorelei now has every single Monster High doll there is :)
Hope everyone has a great Christmas!!

So I thought I was done. Gifts all bought, wrapped and hidden in upstairs room. Made the mistake of going to Walmart for eggs today, thats it just eggs. Thought I would check out the Monster High aisle just to see. BIG MISTAKE!! They had the build a monsters, Toralie, Cupid, the sweet 1600 dolls and the skull beach dolls. Lets just say Lorelei now has every single Monster High doll there is :)
Hope everyone has a great Christmas!!

That's great!! I keep thinking I'm finished, then realize I forgot something. I think I've been in Target/Kmart/Walmart every single day for the past week and a half. Ugh. LOL

I took the kiddos to see the Chipmunks movie Tuesday, and found some earrings in the mall for my sister. I also picked up a few more things in Bath and Body Works that nobody really needs, lol, but I had a coupon. :rolleyes1

That's great!! I keep thinking I'm finished, then realize I forgot something. I think I've been in Target/Kmart/Walmart every single day for the past week and a half. Ugh. LOL

I took the kiddos to see the Chipmunks movie Tuesday, and found some earrings in the mall for my sister. I also picked up a few more things in Bath and Body Works that nobody really needs, lol, but I had a coupon. :rolleyes1

Ugh, this is me, I think I'm done, but then I pick up just one more thing. I am determined to stay out of the stores tomorrow!

Since DD is homeschooled, and doesn't get to do the school's Santa Shop, I let her spend $1 on each person on her list (Target's dollar spot and the Dollar Tree are great). She wanted to get a Christmas themed rubik's cube we saw at Target, and forgot to pick up last time we were there, for my nephew. So, tonight I ran in to get it, and of course they were all gone! :eek:

I got him a lint roller, LOL, because he is always trying to get the dog hairs off his clothes. DS thought it was a good idea, but I'll bet DD isn't happy about my substitution when she finds out (she's at Grandma's house for the night). :rolleyes1

I also picked up an Itunes gift card for DH to go with the Ipod I got him... And some New Year's stuff (party crackers (the kind you pull apart with junk inside, not the kind you eat, lol), bead necklaces, tiaras, etc.)... And some soda to take to my MIL's house because she never gets enough... And some Angry Birds notebooks I saw on an endcap, because everyone in our house is obsessed with Angry Birds, and I thought they were cute... No wonder I have no money! :rotfl:

Hit the Bath and Body Works today with my mystery coupon and it turned out to be 40% off. Spent $45 there on stuff I didn't need but I had so much fun!:banana: Got 4 Body washes, 3 Shea Cashmere hand lotions (love this stuff- gift for my sis and my mom), 5 mini pocket baks, 4 new minis lotions (yummy tropicals- my own stocking stuffers), and 2 Mens body sprays (for dh's and ds's stockings).

Everytime I step into a store it adds up. I keep thinking of stuff I need to pick up.

Got a Kohls $10 to use tomorrow and a return to Kohls so at least I will be putting some credit back on that card.

I hit Bath & Bodyworks today also! I had the 30% off code!:banana: Great for last minute stocking stuffers!:rotfl:

DD7
American Girl Julie (which has been in the closet for 2 years from QVC)
Julie's pet bunny and basket
American Girl Honey pet
Lalaloopsy Peanut, little sister Squirt, purse, and bus
Pack of Squinkies
Stocking: 2 Lalaloopsy minis, AG short story set, AG fuzzy stickers

DS5
Nintendo 3DS
3 DS dinosaur games
Chomper (robotic dinosaur)
Moon dough build set (he loves Moon Dough!)
Pack of Squinkies
Stocking: lots of small lego packs; will pick up a book and stickers maybe

So, I have stuck to this list, and I don't think it's too much. But, today, my sister was asking what else to get my son--and I'm out of ideas--mostly because I'm 35 weeks pregnant, exhausted, and had to recently give ideas to my BIL and MIL. And she said, "Well, how much did you get him, anyway?" This coming from the person who couldn't give me one idea for what to get her...

Oh well. Made me feel like we are spoiling the kids, but is 7 gifts really that many? I didn't even buy the Squinkies; I put them in hiding when my DD got them for her b-day last month. I think I'm just needing to get through Christmas and get on with having this baby! Thanks for letting me vent.

So, I have stuck to this list, and I don't think it's too much. But, today, my sister was asking what else to get my son--and I'm out of ideas--mostly because I'm 35 weeks pregnant, exhausted, and had to recently give ideas to my BIL and MIL. And she said, "Well, how much did you get him, anyway?" This coming from the person who couldn't give me one idea for what to get her...

Oh well. Made me feel like we are spoiling the kids, but is 7 gifts really that many? I didn't even buy the Squinkies; I put them in hiding when my DD got them for her b-day last month. I think I'm just needing to get through Christmas and get on with having this baby! Thanks for letting me vent.

No seven is not too many. You should be proud of seven it's just right. I wish I had that self control. Not too much, yet enough.

No seven is not too many. You should be proud of seven it's just right. I wish I had that self control. Not too much, yet enough.

I agree. I am an out of control crazy person when it comes to gifts for DD and DH. Doesn't help that I start shopping usually in September, forget what I have and just keep on going :)

QVC... I don't think that you got too many gifts,because it's your kids and thats what you wanted them to have...i know some in-laws are wonderful, others aren't. I have learned to do what's best for my kids depending on what me and my husband think-not his family, and not mine. They are OUR kids...so remember that when the weekend with all the family comes up! LOL...I have to remind myself of that every year...Now, if you asked your MIL her opinion that's different, but since you didn't don't worry about it! Just have a great time with your children..
I have one little thing to pick up for my son, and one for my mom tomorrow..and of course, an Item I ordered for my dd that was guaranteed to come in on Mon,..still not here, but I have been assured it 'll be in tomorrow...we'll see!! If not, she can just have a surprise on Monday! too late to worry about it now,..I have called the store a hundred times, nothing else to do and I am too tired to worry about it!
Hope you all have a safe weekend and a blessed Christmas!!

Thanks, everyone! I bet my kids will love their gifts. My son has been talking nonstop about the Nintendo 3DS, and my daughter will love her dolls. Enjoy the holidays!

Merry Christmas Everyone!:santa: I'm looking forward to the holidays with family. Games, Food and lots of family time. Also my DD 15th Birthday is Christmas! Thanks again Disney Mommy 3 for starting this thread.:goodvibes

Yesterday my mom wanted to do a little shopping after work so we all went and she saw what I had in my cart and she said it was nice and asked if it was for her so I said yes, lol. I knew she would like it. She has no idea that my sister and I went to Macys yesterday and got her the makeup set that she likes to get every year so at least she will also have a surprise as well. I got my sister a new bathroom rug set that matches her new living room rug and runner set (I helped her pack her rug in the car) so I am happy about that. Day before yesterday I finished baking all the cookies for family and friends and even to donate to the shelter. Other than baking cupcakes for ourselves and the party and placing the Santa gifts under the tree, everything is done. :banana:

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

We open gifts to each other on Christmas Eve, to make room under the tree for Santa gifts, and just because it's become a tradition for us. DH got me a Kindle Fire! He's not generally a very good shopper, lol, so I was very surprised! It's the best gift he's ever gotten me...and I even told him not to get me anything at all because I just booked a Disney cruise and it's expensive enough to be my Christmas, Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, AND birthday gift. :banana:

Hey!! Not yet! I was going to start it this week, but my hubby had surgery...I will start it today!!! I was wondering if anyone was interested!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter