That didn't take long...Skyliner Accident

so all this blathering on about how “ terrible “ this may give a different perspective of terrible (and if you need to pee upside down...) More than 60 passengers were left hanging upside down for more than two hours on Universal Studios Japan's Flying Dinosaur roller coaster Tuesday when the ride halted due to an emergency stop. ... Representatives of the amusement park said that the problem stemmed directly from an issue with one of the ride's sensors.May 2, 2018

Attachments

• 1570490523701.jpeg
    1570490523701.jpeg
    14.5 KB · Views: 25
so all this blathering on about how “ terrible “ this may give a different perspective of terrible (and if you need to pee upside down...) More than 60 passengers were left hanging upside down for more than two hours on Universal Studios Japan's Flying Dinosaur roller coaster Tuesday when the ride halted due to an emergency stop. ... Representatives of the amusement park said that the problem stemmed directly from an issue with one of the ride's sensors.May 2, 2018

Well I was already nervous about going to Japan but this seals it for me!!

8-) :laughing:

Interesting that a local reporter was stuck on the gondola last nite. Its going to be interesting to see how long its down and if it has another incident when it does come up. I am in the wait and see mode before I decide to ride it or not.

Never...ever, ever, sign anything after such an accident. Even if they offer you a really nice cookie and milk.
Did you not learn anything from the little mermaid?

I wonder if this would hold up in court. If stranded for 3.5 hours would someone be in enough of a stable train of thought to comp signing a legal document near midnight?

Never...ever, ever, sign anything after such an accident. Even if they offer you a really nice cookie and milk.
How bout if you get the free milk and cookie and they sweeten the deal by letting you keep the whole emergency kit as a gift bag?

I think it was literally just a form asking for contact information for one member of each traveling party. I don't think people had to sign any sort of "fine print" legal document.

Disney's official statement today indicated they are in contact with affected guests and are working on each case individually. So, these forms are how they are able to do this.

I think this is past a small down time thing. RCFD has reported (I don’t know the location of this info) that 3 people have been reported hospitalized from the event.
Not minimizing this, but out of how many people stuck?

Not minimizing this, but out of how many people stuck?

no one knows even Disney.

I just posted it because there are others saying there is no injury. I imagine if it was in the heat of the day it would have been more.

What is the rescue protocol for those stranded above water?
The only line affected was the Riveria to Epcot, so the line over Hourglass Lake did not have an issue. That being said, they have a rescue boat already on the lake that has a mechanism to reach people stranded in Gondolas over the lake.

The only line affected was the Riveria to Epcot, so the line over Hourglass Lake did not have an issue. That being said, they have a rescue boat already on the lake that has a mechanism to reach people stranded in Gondolas over the lake.

It appears they can reach the other lines without watercraft.

Once Disney has the whole story on what happened, they need to come out and be honest with the general public. I feel like they are trying to cover something up right now because of this “unexpected down time” phrase vs. the pictures of the gondolas in the station. I wish they would just come out and address it. It’s creating a huge lack of trust over safety with a lot of people.

What a bummer, guessing Disney will make sure that doesn't happen again. The only silver lining here will be for those stuck they will have a very unique experience they can share for the rest of there lives

Imagine you are in the hospital for surgery to repair your broken ankle. Normally the nurse will start mild sedation before you are taken to the OR but she was late, so you wheeled in sober and heard the surgeon saying that your leg was going to he amputated. "Wait!" you say. "I just have a broken ankle!" The surgeon checks the chart again and says "oh yeah that's right! Wrong procedure! Oh well no harm done!" Wow, you think. If the nurse had sedated you on time, you never would have overheard the surgeon and never would have stopped the medical error. You go to the hospital administrator to complain and they say "come on! You weren't even hurt!" And you said "but what if the nurse had sedated me I would have no leg!" And the hospital laughed and said "enough with the what ifs! You have no idea what would have happened! You are worrying about something that didn't happen and no one was hurt. That surgeon never makes mistakes."

What a bummer, guessing Disney will make sure that doesn't happen again. The only silver lining here will be for those stuck they will have a very unique experience they can share for the rest of there lives

and a bunch of Disney swag and/or some money they didn't have before. #amiright

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter