September 6, 2021 - Dream 4-night Bahamas with Halloween on the High Seas

Got everything taken care of check-in wise this afternoon. My boarding group is 2 but it told me I do not have a port arrival time-likely because I'll be arriving via Disney transfers from WDW. In the past, we've arrived at the port around 1:30.

Only issue I had was with my security photo. It said it wasn't clear or some ridiculous thing but it was taken with my iPhone so we'll see what they say. Definitely feels good to have everything completed. Just need to wait for my final clearance/review and get it all verified on their end.

Now if only I can make a reservation for Palo brunch!

28 days to go!.....

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,
We are the process of booking this Cruise (kind of waiting till last minute to see how the Aug sailings go).

Curious to know if the ship would be sailing at full capacity, or is it a percentage of occupancy, similar to how they did the parks?

Hello Everyone,
We are the process of booking this Cruise (kind of waiting till last minute to see how the Aug sailings go).

Curious to know if the ship would be sailing at full capacity, or is it a percentage of occupancy, similar to how they did the parks?

Nobody knows. Disney says they are sailing at reduced capacity, but wont say what that capacity is. My guess based on room availability is 75-85% (if they can actually fill the rooms).

Hello Everyone,

They have not announced the capacity percentage publicly which is strange, given they did so with their theme parks. I've watched a few vlogs from today which was the first US-based cruise and it looks very open and relaxed. These early cruises will truly be a blessing in so many ways for people due to the low capacity.

I would guess capacity is somewhere around 65% but it's looking a lot less. According to touring plans, they estimate it to be at 25% which is quite remarkable and honestly...looks to be accurate!

Last edited:
My online check-in is still under review. Just wondering if that's the same for everyone else scheduled to sail on 9/6?

This cruise is going to be a mess. Disney cancelled their Sept 4th Fantasy sailing and TAs shifted HUNDREDS of families over to this cruise. Virtually everything is sold out now. Heard to expect 3000 passengers on this cruise. With the reduced amenities and crowding, im looking for a way to get off this joke of a cruise.

This cruise is going to be a mess. Disney cancelled their Sept 4th Fantasy sailing and TAs shifted HUNDREDS of families over to this cruise. Virtually everything is sold out now. Heard to expect 3000 passengers on this cruise. With the reduced amenities and crowding, im looking for a way to get off this joke of a cruise.

Seriously?!

Seriously?!

Go join the facebook group, there are 75 new families from the Fantasy in that group alone (there was a poll). And I have no doubt the Facebook group (now at over 400 families) is only a small part of the overall cruise population....

Go join the facebook group, there are 75 new families from the Fantasy in that group alone (there was a poll). And I have no doubt the Facebook group (now at over 400 families) is only a small part of the overall cruise population....

There is still a lot of availability on the website … I was never planning on a 30% capacity cruise . . .

what is the name of the FB group?

There is still a lot of availability on the website … I was never planning on a 30% capacity cruise . . .

what is the name of the FB group?

I dont see a lot of availability. Most categories are completely sold out and oceanview doesnt even have 10 rooms left in the entire category. Its called
Disney Dream September 6, 2021

Its invite but should approve you quickly. I wasnt planning on 30% capacity but this seems like closer to 85% capacity than 30%, especially considering Disney wont release their reduced capacity % (most likely they want to fill the ships as full as possible and dont want to commit to a lower %). Couple that with all the reductions they have made, and the fact that they wont say what percentage they are sailing with, this is likely going to be massively overcrowded and not a good experience for customers.

I dont see a lot of availability. Most categories are completely sold out and oceanview doesnt even have 10 rooms left in the entire category. Its called
Disney Dream September 6, 2021

Its invite but should approve you quickly. I wasnt planning on 30% capacity but this seems like closer to 85% capacity than 30%, especially considering Disney wont release their reduced capacity % (most likely they want to fill the ships as full as possible and dont want to commit to a lower %). Couple that with all the reductions they have made, and the fact that they wont say what percentage they are sailing with, this is likely going to be massively overcrowded and not a good experience for customers.

Inside staterooms have been gone for a while, assuming they are being used for crew. I saw lots of options for verandah rooms. It definitely won’t be a full cruise … but probably closer to 60-70% is my guess … MDR is going to remain socially distanced regardless and no combination of travel parties ….so I’m not overly concerned ….

Inside staterooms have been gone for a while, assuming they are being used for crew. I saw lots of options for verandah rooms. It definitely won’t be a full cruise … but probably closer to 60-70% is my guess … MDR is going to remain socially distanced regardless and no combination of travel parties ….so I’m not overly concerned ….

What are these lots of options you are seeing? Based on a count I just did, the deluxe oceanview with verandah category has less than 50 staterooms available, out of 500 total, meaning <10% are left. MDR may be socially distanced but think about the pool queue for kids, and the line for the waterslide ride, and everything else for kids. Its going to be a mess and sure as heck higher than 70%

The Deluxe Family Oceanview with Verandah category seems to have some open rooms, with 80 open rooms out of 360 total. But overall it seems almost all rooms are full (130 left out of 1200). Not sure how you are getting to 60% but that seems way low.

The Deluxe Family Oceanview with Verandah category seems to have some open rooms, with 80 open rooms out of 360 total. But overall it seems almost all rooms are full (130 left out of 1200). Not sure how you are getting to 60% but that seems way low.
The inside category is not full of paying guests and we don’t know how many of outside/verandah staterooms have been reserved for crew or quarantine…. just something to keep in mind. I’ve always had amazing experiences on DCL and I don’t expect any different from this cruise. Just trying to help alleviate some of your concerns but if you think it’s going to be miserable then yes you may want to cancel your cruise. Hope you figure out something that works best for you and your family!!

The inside category is not full of paying guests and we don’t know how many of outside/verandah staterooms have been reserved for crew or quarantine…. just something to keep in mind. I’ve always had amazing experiences on DCL and I don’t expect any different from this cruise. Just trying to help alleviate some of your concerns but if you think it’s going to be miserable then yes you may want to cancel your cruise. Hope you figure out something that works best for you and your family!!

There are only 130 inside staterooms, so that is not a big blip on overall capacity compared to the other room categories which are mostly to completely full. You should probably reset your expectations, this cruise will likely resemble our park experience when we went after reopening, they had removed capacity limits and the park was full, but many rides and most of the experiences were closed, leading to a feeling of a massively overcrowded park. If you think this cruise is going to be different then you should probably prepare yourself to be disappointed...

There are only 130 inside staterooms, so that is not a big blip on overall capacity compared to the other room categories which are mostly to completely full. You should probably reset your expectations, this cruise will likely resemble our park experience when we went after reopening, they had removed capacity limits and the park was full, but many rides and most of the experiences were closed, leading to a feeling of a massively overcrowded park. If you think this cruise is going to be different then you should probably prepare yourself to be disappointed...

I’m good, thank you though! Have a great day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter