SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be a little counterproductive since it would require losing a pre-booked FP+, but if you wanted to be in and out in a certain time and booked 2 FP+ on your primary ticket/AP, and left one blank slot, you could use an extra ticket and stagger your CPFP+ and have no gaps:

FP 1: 9 - 10
FP 2: 10 - 11

CPFP 1: 9 - 10
CPFP 2: 10 - 11
CPFP 3: 11 - 12

Use FP 1, CP with CPFP 1 and use it, use FP 2. You have now used your "3 for the day." Use CPFP 2 as your 4th, and use CPFP 3 as your 5th. This would allow you to clear 5 FP+ in a 3 hour window.

The times would be crucial and would have to fit in order to use the CPFP while you still had your 2nd FP+ pre-booked.

Now, that night after midnight? I can book 3 new FP for a different park on the one day ticket for my next park day and so on for the rest of my 10 day park hopper days.
You actually don't have to wait until midnight. Once you use (or transfer) the last FP of that day so the profile no longer has any FP's attached to it you could book for the next day.

can you transfer a FP once the window has opened or you need to do it before the window has opened? I think that is my one sticking point that I don't understand.
As of yesterday at least, yes, you can do it in the window. I have not tried after the window (during that 15 minute grace period) but don't think it would work. I'll try testing tomorrow assuming storms aren't as bad as they are today!

On a somewhat related topic, I toured DVC this morning. One of the perks were multiple FP's for myself and my son, or so I thought. I looked at the multiple attractions posting on my MDE account and saw 3 FP's each for the 7 people on my account, three of which don't have tickets, but I have all of their MB's with me. I don't think that I risk a CM rate by using them, or even having my account locked. I'll find out tonight, since I have 4 days until they expire.

On a somewhat related topic, I toured DVC this morning. One of the perks were multiple FP's for myself and my son, or so I thought. I looked at the multiple attractions posting on my MDE account and saw 3 FP's each for the 7 people on my account, three of which don't have tickets, but I have all of their MB's with me. I don't think that I risk a CM rate by using them, or even having my account locked. I'll find out tonight, since I have 4 days until they expire.
wow it seems like you might be the only person at the 'world who can see what happens if you try to scan a FP+ on a band that has no tickets on it! The real loophole might be just taking a DVC tour after loading your MDE account with like 30 people and then transferring FP+ over to your primary!

That would be pointless. There are countless valid usecases for this function, especially within 24 hours of the FP. Considering that CPFP has a WAY smaller user baser AND it is only possible if you spent money on additional tickets, it would be really stupid to take that away.
So you are stating that what's being discussed here is NOT what Disney would consider a valid use of CPFP?

Oh dear. I'm pretty sure that's a no-no according to the mods.

You actually don't have to wait until midnight. Once you use (or transfer) the last FP of that day so the profile no longer has any FP's attached to it you could book for the next day.

At what point does the system go from allowing just one extra to allowing three additional (for the next day)? When the last park closes?

Hello,

When I saw that article that SDFP was being stopped by DISNEY, i ran to the DISBOARD. I have used the SDFP for 2 years and my group of friends loved it. When I started reading the board I started seeing CPFP. This new "Change Party Fast Pass" is confusing me. Can someone explain how it works from the beginning or attach the link.

Searching CPFP provided way too many posts to read.

Thanks

It's in the first post - and will be detailed further as soon as we understand the changes that arrived today! :)

I'm thinking CPFP will live on. With tickets now having an expiration within 18 months of purchase, there is probably no incentive for WDW to eliminate it.

And with respect to the expiring tickets, I called Disney back in february to ask what happens when they expire. As we know, you don't lose the money you paid, it can be applied to new tickets. However, they said it would have to be done at the gate and no way to reactivate the ticket. So it's a lot lot lot of hassle to use expiring tickets for CPFP.

So now that phantom accounts are no longer sucking up "thousands and thousands" of FP each day, shouldn't we see a dramatic increase in availability for 4th and even 5th FP?

My son will be in the park tonight, using a MB with an AP attached. The reason that I have extra tickets for myself and my son is that I had bought them 2 years ago, planning for this trip. I was going to bridge them on the first or second day of the trip. Then, last fall, Disney offered the 13 for 12 AP's, which had to be purchased by Jan. 3. They could not use the existing tickets over the phone for upgrades, so I paid the entire amount for the tickets and planned on using them to partially pay for renewal AP's in 2018. In the meantime, I attached my unused ticket to another person on my primary account and set up my son on the phantom account (because of recent Disney actions, a mistake). I changed the name in his phantom profile and could try to link this as a friend on my primary account or ask a CM to unlink the ticket from the phantom account and link it to someone under 10 on my primary account.

You might as well just link the two MDEs. Then you'll be able to use CPFP.

So you have prebooked FP on the phantoms (which have ticket cards rather than bands?)?

Just wondering if there is anyone out there who used SDFP with ticketless bands (now a no no) who will purchase separate park tickets to be able to use the CPFP feature?

So now that phantom accounts are no longer sucking up "thousands and thousands" of FP each day, shouldn't we see a dramatic increase in availability for 4th and even 5th FP?

No. Millions and millions of FP will be prebooked on phantom accounts with tickets so that those FP can be transferred to the park guests - who will then have 4th, 5th, 6th FP prebooked 60 days out.

it will be interesting to see. I'd love to see reports by people who see what's available at around 11am (assuming they prebook 9-10, 10-11 and 11-12 and scan into the 11am one at 10:55)

Just wondering if there is anyone out there who used SDFP with ticketless bands (now a no no) who will purchase separate park tickets to be able to use the CPFP feature?
some people will, but why would disney want to stop people shelling out hundreds of thousands of dollars for the privilege?

I'm thinking CPFP will live on. With tickets now having an expiration within 18 months of use, there is probably no incentive for WDW to eliminate it.

And with respect to the expiring tickets, I called Disney back in february to ask what happens when they expire. As we know, you don't lose the money you paid, it can be applied to new tickets. However, they said it would have to be done at the gate and no way to reactivate the ticket. So it's a lot lot lot of hassle to use expiring tickets for CPFP.

I did not know you don't lose the money you paid. Moreover, I'm confused on your statement that there is "no way to reactivate the ticket." So, do you have to apply the money from the "expired" tickets before they expire? What is the difference between "reactivate" and no loose your money?

Does this apply to any "expired" tickets -- tickets that I never activated AND tickets that I activated but didn't use all of the days on that ticket (for instance, I had 4 days and only used 3 but expired 14 days from first use)? Can you point me to a thread that details this? Many thanks

so say I prebook one FP+ on my band from 9-10. I have plans to get there right at 9 and I have a 9:30-10:30 booked on another ticketed account. So my plans work out, I tap into the ride right at 9am, and then immediately transfer the 9:30-10:30 FP+. that works.

What happens if I plan to get there at 9 but the kid decides he needs to go to the bathroom and it takes a while (because my child is the master of the ill-timed long potty break) and then something else distracts him and we get there and tap in at 9:35. Can I still transfer the 9:30-10:30 FP+ or now that that window is open I can't use it? I think I understand otherwise. The big piece I was missing before is that you could transfer it right after you tap in for the ride, you don't have to wait to finish and get off the ride to transfer the next.

Also I know it is currently a thing but not entirely sure it will be a thing come next February. But nonetheless my OCD requires me to understand it now :) i mean if it becomes a thing that seems like it will endure.

You have from 9:30-10:30 to arrive for the second FP (which you've transferred over - since you arrived with only one prebooked on your primary profile). You can use it or transfer it inside that window.

some people will, but why would disney want to stop people shelling out hundreds of thousands of dollars for the privilege?

true true. This may sound like a stupid question right? We are a party of 3, all AP. We have no extra tickets. If I were to buy 3 "one day" tickets for each of us, link them to a separate MDE, merge the MDE, wouldnt the 3 "fake" people that I assigned the tickets to have to be on my resort reservation to make them at 60 days?? Or do/will most people who have unused tickets book at the 30 day?

At what point does the system go from allowing just one extra to allowing three additional (for the next day)? When the last park closes?
I've been able to do it right away as soon as I used my last FPP (or transferred it or cancelled it). Editing to clarify - once my person no longer had any remaining FPP for the current day I could book it for a different day. I have done this both with AP's (7 day limit) and individual tickets (like when someone visited and had a day left on their ticket that they didn't use).

I have been using the CPFP method for a while now with my children's APs, so this is not a change for me. But if Disney decides to eliminate the CPFP option, we will buy extra admission tickets and scan in twice each day to have extra FPs. It is worth it to us. If Disney comes up with another way to buy extra FP+, we would be the first in line to try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter