SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The TOS states that the FP reservation has to be made using the same valid theme park admission you use to enter the park. With CPFP, you do not use the same valid theme park admission to make the reservation as you do to enter the park. How is this not a violation of terms of service?
From what I can tell, your strict interpretation would pretty much mean that CPFP should not exist at all. Theoretically, my party of 4 could all enter MK together but for health reasons, 2 of us might choose to skip 7DMTR and head back to the resort. The remaining two would not be able to use CPFP to use the others' 7DMTR FP+ because they aren't using the tickets which were originally used to book those FP+. I don't think that this scenario is a stretch. It happens quite often and IMO isn't really a violation of TOS, although reading word-for-word I can see how it would be interpreted that way.

Thank you Secretary Jefferson / Scrapyap :worship:

I'm copying it into a Google doc, not because it's useful anymore, but because it's so darn funny. I think my favorite line is:

Marcie and Hiro are nicer than you, Scrapyap.
Yes, yes they are.
Lol again! I swear I never caught any of these references to me when I read through it many moons ago. So glad to have them pointed out before they disappeared. :)

An unused ticket purchased after Feb. of this year will expire Dec. 31 of the year following the year in which it was purchased. IOW, a ticket purchased today would expire on 12/31/2018. The amount that you paid for that ticket could be applied to the purchase of another ticket of equal or higher value. Until you pay for the new ticket, the ticket that you have in your possession would not be valid for admission and, presumably, would not be valid for making FP+ reservations.

Unless you have a very old no-expiry ticket, your ticket will expire 14 days after the first day of use and you will have lost any remaining days and their value on day #15.

Just a small point here. I don't think it is known yet what value you will get for an expired ticket. It should be at least what was paid but also could be bridged to a higher price at least theoretically, for example if you bought a discounted ticket or gate prices went up. Probably won't know until 2019.

I wish the moderators would take this thread down. It's about scamming the system to benefit a very few people. I am surprised disboards is supporting this thread. Over the years I've gotten loads of great information here but I can't ever remember a thread about scamming the system to benefit a few. Those of you who are benefitting from this - you probably don't care but you do realize for each additional fast pass you get you take away that fast pass from someone who is using the system as it was designed. Believe it or not, not everyone takes advantage of others! It is disheartening!
TPTB have decided that this thread is allowed to stay, as is their prerogative.

If you have concerns about this thread/behavior, you can always discuss it directly with Disney and ask them to take a look: wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Another question, do you think a group that couples strangers sharing annual pass fast pass+'s may form? For example, if I have an annual pass but only plan on using it 3 or 4 months, I could offer up fast passes the months I don't go to a stranger in exchange for their fast passes the months I go, of course this would only work if going different months. I know this happens among families that know each other but thought this might occur for families that don't know other's with annual passes. This all of course would work only if the change party function will still work.

I think a similar group had formed on facebook to bring strangers together to share photo pass (is that the right name?)
I wondered if a similar thing would form. But the problem is I would need to really trust a person before giving them access to my AP account to book FPs. I probably wouldn't be willing to do so until after my trip in September, as I wouldn't want them to accidentally mess up my carefully booked FPs. Or somehow causing my account to be locked or Disney IT to start monitoring the CPFP situation and flag it. The memory maker share is a different level of trust, more just trusting that someone will add you to the account after you pay them.

So far, today's MDE changes have not effected my FP's....so I am now at 8 (9?) days after initial setup.

As for CPFP working, I'm keeping my hopes up. But, I'm wondering that if Disney can now prevent SDFP, you would think they would have the ability to prevent CP of FP's from non-ticketed profiles or even NBFP, since they know that the FP you are trying to transfer is from a profile who's ticket was not used to enter the park??? Hoping I'm wrong!
@otterpop, have you been able to make changes to the FPs in the "phantom" ticketed account after removing the AP? Or just, once you are there you can only change party or cancel outright?

From what I can tell, your strict interpretation would pretty much mean that CPFP should not exist at all. Theoretically, my party of 4 could all enter MK together but for health reasons, 2 of us might choose to skip 7DMTR and head back to the resort. The remaining two would not be able to use CPFP to use the others' 7DMTR FP+ because they aren't using the tickets which were originally used to book those FP+. I don't think that this scenario is a stretch. It happens quite often and IMO isn't really a violation of TOS, although reading word-for-word I can see how it would be interpreted that way.

If that was what Disney intended, why would Change Party exist at all as an offered option? It's only purpose is to move FP from the account that booked them to another account. They have a built-in contradiction.

I wondered if a similar thing would form. But the problem is I would need to really trust a person before giving them access to my AP account to book FPs. I probably wouldn't be willing to do so until after my trip in September, as I wouldn't want them to accidentally mess up my carefully booked FPs. Or somehow causing my account to be locked or Disney IT to start monitoring the CPFP situation and flag it. The memory maker share is a different level of trust, more just trusting that someone will add you to the account after you pay them.

A disboards donor (not on the same MDE) could book FP 30 days out, on request, then "drop" them at a specific time into the FP pool - for the recipient to hopefully scoop up on the app. Not foolproof, but possible - and without risk. Should we start a "donor buddies" program? :)

Just a small point here. I don't think it is known yet what value you will get for an expired ticket. It should be at least what was paid but also could be bridged to a higher price at least theoretically, for example if you bought a discounted ticket or gate prices went up. Probably won't know until 2019.
Assuming they follow current ticket upgrade procedure if you buy the ticket directly from Disney you get what you paid for the ticket. IF you buy from a third party seller (including as a part of a travel package from Disney) you get the full gate price on the ticket based on when it was sold. Those who have upgraded tickets since the expiration date on all tickets started have reported only receiving the gate value prior to Feb 2017 when upgrading tickets that do not contain an expiration date (i.e. Old tickets). I would assume the gate price on Dec 31st 2018 would be the most anyone would receive if they held that ticket beyond the expiration date. However again if you buy the stand alone ticket direct from Disney ticketing they know exactly what you paid and from all reports only credit that amount.

So in theory, if we purchase MNSSHP tickets for two phantoms (in theory for us later) on my MDE, I could utilize the umbrella method and make pre-booked FP+ for one day. I wonder if those are party day specific? Does anyone know? If they are not party-day or MK specific, then they could be used as our rolling donor (i.e. pre-book FP+ for day 1, then once those are transferred, book whatever we can for day 2, etc.).

Does anyone who have MNSSHP for the first party and can book FP now for perhaps a long August trip know? :scratchin

You wont know if the mickeyheads will flash blue or not until August.

I'm updating the first post of the thread and deleting most of it this afternoon. SDFP was a lot of fun. It makes me laugh to read it all. Sad to delete.

But of course it was too many d*mn pages for any man to understand.
Stand with me, in the land of CPFP
And pray to God we never see a locked MDE
Look, when Disney took our paper FP, we got frisky
Imagine what gon’ happen when they try to take change party!
I still remember the first day I read it. I am not sure how I even stumbled upon it, but I sure am happy I did. I will truly miss it, and look forward to the future discussions!

Just realized, if my in-laws who are listed on my MDE (not phantoms, actual people) and have unused a 2-day tickets (bought it in April thinking they would be tagging along with us for two days at the park in August before retreating back to an offsite hotel) linked to their profiles, in the event that they decide not to come with us (which then I could use for CPFP) and the tickets eventually expires 12/31/18, could I go to the gate in 2019 to have those expired tickets applied to whatever ticket/AP I'll be purchasing for myself/DH? Or would those tickets still be assigned to them and I can't apply towards tickets for us?

You'd have to be pretty sure you're going back to Disney. But that's kind of a given for the demographic on this thread. APs don't expire until 2030.
Sorry I was talking about multiday tickets expiring as I doubt too many people are stockpiling AP vouchers (but who knows maybe they are lol).
Agreed most know they are going back at some point just wanted to point out the possible pitfalls as this would obviously be a bigger investment for people than MB. I feel like I see way too many posts on the forum with people complaining that Disney won't let them book FP for more days than their ticket allow or won't let gen upgrade their tickets from resellers over the phone-just want to make sure people think the whole thing through before investing hundreds of dollars on extra tickets simply to get FP.

Just realized, if my in-laws who are listed on my MDE (not phantoms, actual people) and have unused a 2-day tickets (bought it in April thinking they would be tagging along with us for two days at the park in August before retreating back to an offsite hotel) linked to their profiles, in the event that they decide not to come with us (which then I could use for CPFP) and the tickets eventually expires 12/31/18, could I go to the gate in 2019 to have those expired tickets applied to whatever ticket/AP I'll be purchasing for myself/DH? Or would those tickets still be assigned to them and I can't apply towards tickets for us?
You can reassign the tickets through MDE to yourselves (before they expire). Then you could use them toward a ticket upgrade but if not purchased from Disney directly it has to be done onsite which means cant make any FP until you arrive.

Why can't everyone, oh I don't know. Follow the system the way it was designed and not try and game the system. It amazes me how the moral compass of our country is so "me, me, me" centered. I have found I enjoy the moment, experience and have slowed down when I am at the parks now. Taking it all in and "smelling the roses" if you will. I enjoy my trips much more now.

A disboards donor (not on the same MDE) could book FP 30 days out, on request, then "drop" them at a specific time into the FP pool - for the recipient to hopefully scoop up on the app. Not foolproof, but possible - and without risk. Should we start a "donor buddies" program? :)
I am a newbie to all of this, but it sounds good to me!

@otterpop, have you been able to make changes to the FPs in the "phantom" ticketed account after removing the AP? Or just, once you are there you can only change party or cancel outright?

I can't modify them (I'm guessing because they do not have the appropriate active ticket associated with them), but I did try to do CP when I initially started this little exp., and I was able to successfully transfer them to other profiles.

I'm in a small minority of families that still has a non-expiring tickets linked to our MDE accounts. We purchased 10-Day Park Hoppers with no expiration a LONG time ago (back when you could still do that)... and have used them conservatively over the years. We've purchased new tickets along the way, here and there, as it was sometimes more logical to do so. But each of our accounts still has a 1 Day park hopper on it that will never expire.

After discussing the changes in this thread, my family is pretty much of the opinion that we're just going to keep the last day unused forever and use them to continue booking CPFP's until the end of time (or until such time as Disney closes that loophole too). Any new tickets we buy going forward will be on new accounts, and our final non-expiring days will remain untouched.

This will allow us to pre-book six per day minimum on trips where the whole family attends (with those tickets + whatever new ones we buy). And on any trips where less than the whole family attends... it potentially opens up over a dozen CPFP's for any one of us individually.

I'm suddenly very glad we have those non-expiring tickets.

I just transferred a Buzz FP on my DDs ticket (who didn't come with us) to my husband's band (who is here in MK). He completed 2 of his 3 FPs and then swiped his third and walked away so that we could get one from my DD. No issues. Will update if we get blue or green but pretty sure it's going to be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter