SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would assume the gate price on Dec 31st 2018 would be the most anyone would receive if they held that ticket beyond the expiration date.

I wouldn't assume that. I would think the most credit anyone would get on an expired ticket is the face value of that ticket. The ticket prices on 12/31/18 will almost definitely be higher than the 2017 prices.

I think you COULD have changed party on them (but maybe you cannot change party on that kind of FP, I don't know). I never even knew "change party" existed until reading about it here but it turns out a dis friend of mine used it quite frequently on her last trip because she had a big party. Who knew?

I have always thought it was in the 10's, but what do i know? without official numbers we are all just guessing. maybe somewhere in between.
We've been using the change party feature for ages, when DD and DGD had AP's and ended up not going on a trip with DH and I. We moved their FP to us and yes, it does work great. I didn't realize people never realized it was there. I suppose we could have used it for more rides for those GS FP but we really didn't need them. Crowds were so light we just rode EE standby over and over again anyway.

From what I can tell, your strict interpretation would pretty much mean that CPFP should not exist at all. Theoretically, my party of 4 could all enter MK together but for health reasons, 2 of us might choose to skip 7DMTR and head back to the resort. The remaining two would not be able to use CPFP to use the others' 7DMTR FP+ because they aren't using the tickets which were originally used to book those FP+. I don't think that this scenario is a stretch. It happens quite often and IMO isn't really a violation of TOS, although reading word-for-word I can see how it would be interpreted that way.

If the other members of your party that are able to ride wanted to use those FP+ reservations they could use the admission media (aka Cards) or MagicBands for the non-riding ones that would work. Its a one to one correspondence that they are looking to enforce. One paid admission tagged as used at the park turnstile to one FP+ ride on that day.

The the proliferation of Casper the MDE Ghosts which is what they are cracking down. or more crudely stated: 1 meat, one seat.

You can reassign the tickets through MDE to yourselves (before they expire). Then you could use them toward a ticket upgrade but if not purchased from Disney directly it has to be done onsite which means cant make any FP until you arrive.

Ah, makes sense. Forgot I could reassign after our trip, before they expire, back to ourselves, if need be. Thanks!

Due to the recent enforcement of Disney's TOS this topic is now considered a violation of the Disney Terms of Service and will no longer be valid for discussion.

The MISSION of the DIS (and more specifically the TPAS Forum) is to be a family oriented, Disney related, travel planning site.

Towards that goal we instituted (in 2015) and recently updated our site-wide policy stating:

"We (The DIS) do not enable, condone or promote discussion of ways to circumvent established Disney company policies."

Because our mission is to be a helpful trip planning resource, we want to help travelers understand Disney's policies and rules and how to apply those to their planning. Discussions of what the rules ARE ("here's the policy") are great. Discussions and descriptions of how to cheat or get around those policies are no longer welcome here.

Our goal is to be more consistent across the whole site, and a better and more positive trip planning resource.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter