SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's the verdict as of today? Everything working as normal? We will be there next week, and I have a couple of MB's linked to a separate account and need to know if its worth trying anymore?

So what's the verdict as of today? Everything working as normal? We will be there next week, and I have a couple of MB's linked to a separate account and need to know if its worth trying anymore?
no SDFP are allowed to be made at the kiosks. save room in your luggage ;)

Is this from old TOS? Another site quotes this as being new (I copied from TOS at disney's site):
The valid theme park admission associated with your Site/App account and used to make FastPass+ selections must be the same valid theme park admission that you will use for entry into the park on the day the FastPass+ selections are redeemed.

Yes, I usually try to book at least 5 days out, since the 60-30 days out means nothing to me,as I've been here 15 days now. Since I will be here July 3 at MB and July 4 at Epcot, I have already booked 6 rides each day for the two of us.

Tonight, if you were willing - you could use enter FP with the phantom bands (or cards). (We think you'll get a blue light.)

Then use CPFP to transfer FP from the phantoms to your real bands (once you've used the first three FP). That would give us confirmation of two important scenarios!

Eventually someone might try to enter with phantoms enough times to trigger a lock - which we're also curious about!

Is this from old TOS? Another site quotes this as being new (I copied from TOS at disney's site):
The valid theme park admission associated with your Site/App account and used to make FastPass+ selections must be the same valid theme park admission that you will use for entry into the park on the day the FastPass+ selections are redeemed.
That's old and why the GLFP (using someone else's band from a pre-booked FP associated with AP or tickets) portion of this discussion had to be removed and we could no longer discuss after Sept. CPFP is the method of using those prebooked FP's by transferring them (after the initial 3) to someone who has entered the park for entry that day, thus staying within the TOS.

IIRC, that wording was a part of the T&C prior to today. Any changes in the T&C would have to have the date of the change noted as a part of the T&C page. The current page still shows that the last modification was in September.

I wish the moderators would take this thread down. It's about scamming the system to benefit a very few people. I am surprised disboards is supporting this thread. Over the years I've gotten loads of great information here but I can't ever remember a thread about scamming the system to benefit a few. Those of you who are benefitting from this - you probably don't care but you do realize for each additional fast pass you get you take away that fast pass from someone who is using the system as it was designed. Believe it or not, not everyone takes advantage of others! It is disheartening!

I'm seeing T&C that were last updated on 9/7/2016. :confused3

Maybe I should have better stated that the enforcement of these standards has changed. SDFP now is enforced for SDSPAM (Same Day, Same Park Admission Media) . Phantoms might just qualify your account to stop working.

Regarding buying tickets for phantoms solely for the express purpose of extra FP (via CPFP). Keep in mind that Disney could make changes that would eliminate CPFP and leave you holding those extra tickets. As others have posted they also all expire now which I believe means once expired you won't be able to reserve FP with them until you arrive on site and pay again to upgrade them to a current ticket. I think that will be the case because IT already has Gold APs blocked from reserving FP on block out dates (so MDE knows if the ticket is not valid to book FP). Also since it appears expired tickets must be upgraded in person if you buy a 2 day ticket to generate FP with if/when you eventually do use it you will only be able to reserve 2 days of FP (even if the trip is much longer) OR no advance FP if it is past the expiration date

I'm updating the first post of the thread and deleting most of it this afternoon. SDFP was a lot of fun. It makes me laugh to read it all. Sad to delete.

But of course it was too many d*mn pages for any man to understand.
Stand with me, in the land of CPFP
And pray to God we never see a locked MDE
Look, when Disney took our paper FP, we got frisky
Imagine what gon’ happen when they try to take change party!

That's old and why the GLFP (using someone else's band from a pre-booked FP associated with AP or tickets) portion of this discussion had to be removed and we could no longer discuss after Sept. CPFP is the method of using those prebooked FP's by transferring them (after the initial 3) to someone who has entered the park for entry that day, thus staying within the TOS.
The TOS states that the FP reservation has to be made using the same valid theme park admission you use to enter the park. With CPFP, you do not use the same valid theme park admission to make the reservation as you do to enter the park. How is this not a violation of terms of service?

So far, today's MDE changes have not effected my FP's....so I am now at 8 (9?) days after initial setup.

As for CPFP working, I'm keeping my hopes up. But, I'm wondering that if Disney can now prevent SDFP, you would think they would have the ability to prevent CP of FP's from non-ticketed profiles or even NBFP, since they know that the FP you are trying to transfer is from a profile who's ticket was not used to enter the park??? Hoping I'm wrong!

So in theory, if we purchase MNSSHP tickets for two phantoms (in theory for us later) on my MDE, I could utilize the umbrella method and make pre-booked FP+ for one day. I wonder if those are party day specific? Does anyone know? If they are not party-day or MK specific, then they could be used as our rolling donor (i.e. pre-book FP+ for day 1, then once those are transferred, book whatever we can for day 2, etc.).

Does anyone who have MNSSHP for the first party and can book FP now for perhaps a long August trip know? :scratchin

Regarding buying tickets for phantoms solely for the express purpose of extra FP (via CPFP). Keep in mind that Disney could make changes that would eliminate CPFP and leave you holding those extra tickets. As others have posted they also all expire now which I believe means once expired you won't be able to reserve FP with them until you arrive on site and pay again to upgrade them to a current ticket. I think that will be the case because IT already has Gold APs blocked from reserving FP on block out dates (so MDE knows if the ticket is not valid to book FP). Also since it appears expired tickets must be upgraded in person if you buy a 2 day ticket to generate FP with if/when you eventually do use it you will only be able to reserve 2 days of FP (even if the trip is much longer) OR no advance FP if it is past the expiration date

You'd have to be pretty sure you're going back to Disney. But that's kind of a given for the demographic on this thread. APs don't expire until 2030.

So in theory, if we purchase MNSSHP tickets for two phantoms (in theory for us later) on my MDE, I could utilize the umbrella method and make pre-booked FP+ for one day. I wonder if those are party day specific? Does anyone know? If they are not party-day or MK specific, then they could be used as our rolling donor (i.e. pre-book FP+ for day 1, then once those are transferred, book whatever we can for day 2, etc.).

Does anyone who have MNSSHP for the first party and can book FP now for perhaps a long August trip know? :scratchin

Yes, party day specific. There's a long discussion of it on the first page.

Tonight, if you were willing - you could use enter FP with the phantom bands (or cards). (We think you'll get a blue light.)

Then use CPFP to transfer FP from the phantoms to your real bands (once you've used the first three FP). That would give us confirmation of two important scenarios!

Eventually someone might try to enter with phantoms enough times to trigger a lock - which we're also curious about!
I'll definitely use the phantom MB's tonight, if only to see if the freebie FB's entered by going on a DVC tour work.

But of course it was too many d*mn pages for any man to understand.
Stand with me, in the land of CPFP
And pray to God we never see a locked MDE
Look, when Disney took our paper FP, we got frisky
Imagine what gon’ happen when they try to take change party!

Thank you Secretary Jefferson / Scrapyap :worship:

I'm updating the first post of the thread and deleting most of it this afternoon. SDFP was a lot of fun. It makes me laugh to read it all. Sad to delete

I'm copying it into a Google doc, not because it's useful anymore, but because it's so darn funny. I think my favorite line is:

Marcie and Hiro are nicer than you, Scrapyap.
Yes, yes they are.

The TOS states that the FP reservation has to be made using the same valid theme park admission you use to enter the park. With CPFP, you do not use the same valid theme park admission to make the reservation as you do to enter the park. How is this not a violation of terms of service?
Easy - We have 6 APs. I book FPs with mine and my wife's. I then transfer them to 2 of my other APs. I book more for me and my wife, then transfer them. Finally I book the ones that I intend to keep associated with the APs for me and my wife. I have now reserved all 18 of the FPs for that day using the APs which I intend to use to enter the parks.

When it comes time to use them, I use mine first and then start to transfer them back. The other tickets only act as placeholders.

No violation of the ToS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter