SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would effect my enjoyment by needing to plead with a CM to make an exception to their rules and be worried my daughter will be devastated if they said no. If only they had a way to do it thru an app.

Disney is very accommodating.

Or, Disney could just simply not allow it, and you go standby.

Happy travels.

For CPFP, I have my account (Account A) with a 10 day park hopper and a "phantom" account (Account B) with a 2-day parkhopper.

Do I have to use all three FP on Account A before transferring the FP from Account B? So, when booking FP at 60 days I would make my Account A FP for the morning time, and then FP for Account B in the afternoon? Or can I stagger them? Say I have my first FP of the day on Account A at 9-10, and one for Account B at 9:30-10:30. Can I use my first FP and then immediately transfer one over from Account B?

I have a 14 day trip with a 10 day PH on my MDE. I've been considering buying a one day ticket because I want an extra night at Animal Kingdom, but I couldn't justify the cost. But CPFP would maybe make it worth it.

Am I understanding this correctly?
If I buy the one day tickets and put it on my husband's MDE, I can use the umbrella thing to book 1 day of FP+ at 60 days out. I do this for my first park day. AT the park, I CPFP to use these as a second whole set of FP. Now, that night after midnight? I can book 3 new FP for a different park on the one day ticket for my next park day and so on for the rest of my 10 day park hopper days. THen, on my last day of the trip, I can book 3 FP again on this one day ticket and use it for admission and the 3 FP+

Is nobody in the parks today who wants to risk a blue Mickey? I badly want to know what will happen after a blue Mickey.

Also: Anyone already tried CPFP?

I mean... I'm not in the park, I'm in Chicago, but there's little to no reason CPFP shouldn't work if you have multiple ticketed accounts. (Which as it happens my family does)

I'm not in the park and haven't been admitted. I'm not even in Orlando. But I tested it a bit this morning...

As a trial run, this morning I booked 3 fastpasses at Animal Kingdom on my own account for later this evening (wanted to test "day of" functionality)... I then used the "Change Party" button to transfer a Dinosaur fastpass over to my father. Worked without a hitch. Whole thing took like 2 minutes.

I'm planning to take a solo trip in September. I see no reason why I won't be able to just pre-book 12 fastpasses per day across my family's 4 MDE accounts, then transfer them all to myself 1 by 1 the day of on my phone. I realize I'd have to schedule them strategically, and use the 3 on MY account first, but... still... 12 is plenty for one day in any park.

Nice thing is, my family has old-grandfathered in "no expiration" tickets on our MDE accounts... so I can theoretically do this until the end of time if we never use our last admission.

I'll miss SDFP with phantom bands... but I can make CPFP work too, haha.

For CPFP, I have my account (Account A) with a 10 day park hopper and a "phantom" account (Account B) with a 2-day parkhopper.

Do I have to use all three FP on Account A before transferring the FP from Account B? So, when booking FP at 60 days I would make my Account A FP for the morning time, and then FP for Account B in the afternoon? Or can I stagger them? Say I have my first FP of the day on Account A at 9-10, and one for Account B at 9:30-10:30. Can I use my first FP and then immediately transfer one over from Account B?

You have to use all three FP on profile A before transferring. That's why it can be best to arrive with only one or two FP on profile A. Then you can overlap times and move faster. And you book one additional FP at a time as you roll along on both A and B.

Disney is very accommodating.

Or, Disney could just simply not allow it, and you go standby.

Happy travels.
aaf8fbd388ba54120b3320f38d57f11b.jpg

Oh, wait, I have the perfect reply for this.

I learned this recently myself from another poster...

:wave2: Dropping in to remind everyone this loophole thread is allowed by DIS administration to run without arguments nor attacks.

For a full discussion of MM+ and its many loopholes, there is a current thread on the Rumors and News board.

Thanks!

Happy travels.

FP booking is down right now online not sure about the app. I can see my FP but Olaf won't let me change or book anything.

Hello,

When I saw that article that SDFP was being stopped by DISNEY, i ran to the DISBOARD. I have used the SDFP for 2 years and my group of friends loved it. When I started reading the board I started seeing CPFP. This new "Change Party Fast Pass" is confusing me. Can someone explain how it works from the beginning or attach the link.

Searching CPFP provided way too many posts to read.

Thanks

You've been typing what I've been thinking all day today. ;) Although in this case you could cut this all down by an hour by scheduling Splash and Thunder both from 11-12 and as soon as you scan at Splash, transfer Thunder (while in the window). Heck, you could even make the final 3 FPP's (CPFP) 1.5 hours earlier (using your same first initial 3):

10:30 BTMR
11:30 HM
12:30 PP

Ride Pirates right at 10. Get to Splash right at 11 (10:55 actually) and as soon as you scan transfer BTMR (you'd still be in the window 10:30-11:30). As soon as you scan at BTMR (assume right at the end of the window around 11:30), transfer the HM. You'd still easily make it there before 12:30 (maybe even grab lunch on the way). And you'd scan the last ride (PP) right at 12:30. Doesn't take any longer than before. I'd probably put the ride you care least about at 10:30 on the "transfer" band, just in case timing works out and you don't make it, but as discussed, you have 15 minutes leeway, plus if you're a couple minutes past that, the CM's will undoubtedly wave you through.
I am right now having a hard time wrapping my head around how to time things. it's probably partially because I have so many other things on my mind.

can you transfer a FP once the window has opened or you need to do it before the window has opened? I think that is my one sticking point that I don't understand.

My trip is in February so I have some time to get comfortable with it. I got very comfortable with SDFP planning and using a set of bands and a set of cards was able to very quickly at the kiosks plan and figure out how to nest things efficiently on the fly. I am intrigued by the possibility here as I have a few friends with assigned tickets they won't be using for a while. I'm just not entirely convinced they won't somehow close down this loophole before end of february/beginning of march but here's hoping.

A simple fix on Disney's end would be to disallow the "Change Party" function within 24 hours of FP+ start time. That should eliminate most planning woes. :goodvibes

So you are enforcing the rules set by the moderators on this thread so that you can discuss ways to get around the rules set by Disney. Got it.
Heading over to the bemoan thread now.
I'm not enforcing rules. I'm not in a position to do that. Just like all of the people expressing moral outrage are not in a position to enforce that either.

just pointing out how irritating, obnoxious and hypocritical it is for people claiming the moral high ground to be doing that here when there is a more appropriate place. I am not claiming any such moral high ground so I am as free to employ situational ethics as I choose ;)

Last edited:
Hello,

When I saw that article that SDFP was being stopped by DISNEY, i ran to the DISBOARD. I have used the SDFP for 2 years and my group of friends loved it. When I started reading the board I started seeing CPFP. This new "Change Party Fast Pass" is confusing me. Can someone explain how it works from the beginning or attach the link.

Searching CPFP provided way too many posts to read.

Thanks

The very first post has directions on how this all works. It's no where near as simple as the SDFP system used to be.

Is it confusing? Yes. Was it meant to confuse people? I think that was a happy consequence that Disney found to detract people from using it.

My son will be in the park tonight, using a MB with an AP attached. The reason that I have extra tickets for myself and my son is that I had bought them 2 years ago, planning for this trip. I was going to bridge them on the first or second day of the trip. Then, last fall, Disney offered the 13 for 12 AP's, which had to be purchased by Jan. 3. They could not use the existing tickets over the phone for upgrades, so I paid the entire amount for the tickets and planned on using them to partially pay for renewal AP's in 2018. In the meantime, I attached my unused ticket to another person on my primary account and set up my son on the phantom account (because of recent Disney actions, a mistake). I changed the name in his phantom profile and could try to link this as a friend on my primary account or ask a CM to unlink the ticket from the phantom account and link it to someone under 10 on my primary account.

A simple fix on Disney's end would be to disallow the "Change Party" function within 24 hours of FP+ start time. That should eliminate most planning woes. :goodvibes

That would be pointless. There are countless valid usecases for this function, especially within 24 hours of the FP. Considering that CPFP has a WAY smaller user baser AND it is only possible if you spent money on additional tickets, it would be really stupid to take that away.

It's a thing already - through Change Party. That's not going to be one of the things that changes today.

You don't have to change party before the window opens. If your last prebooked FP is at 10:00 and you ride at 10:00, you don't have to wait an hour to book another. You can transfer one over right away (or book on app). That's why it can be best to arrive with only one or maybe two prebooked FP. You avoid waiting. My example was the tightest overlap I thought would work - allowing time for a ride and standby. Maybe a little too tight on a crowded day - as you say, standby can be a bit time consuming. Choosing attractions that are near each other definitely helps make a tight schedule work!
so say I prebook one FP+ on my band from 9-10. I have plans to get there right at 9 and I have a 9:30-10:30 booked on another ticketed account. So my plans work out, I tap into the ride right at 9am, and then immediately transfer the 9:30-10:30 FP+. that works.

What happens if I plan to get there at 9 but the kid decides he needs to go to the bathroom and it takes a while (because my child is the master of the ill-timed long potty break) and then something else distracts him and we get there and tap in at 9:35. Can I still transfer the 9:30-10:30 FP+ or now that that window is open I can't use it? I think I understand otherwise. The big piece I was missing before is that you could transfer it right after you tap in for the ride, you don't have to wait to finish and get off the ride to transfer the next.

Also I know it is currently a thing but not entirely sure it will be a thing come next February. But nonetheless my OCD requires me to understand it now :) i mean if it becomes a thing that seems like it will endure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter