Sad News about Rich Hyams

Lisa, thank you for posting this information. It really gives a person pause to think of how special and valuable everyday we have is. God bless you and your daughter.

My heartfelt sympathy to you, your daughter and your family. Count me in as another who always read anything posted by Richyams. May you find comfort in knowing how many lives here on the DIS were touched by him.

Lisa,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter in your time of grief.

Being a newer DVC member, I didn't know Rich as well as most people on the Dis boards did....but I did read his posts with great interest and enjoyment. He touched so many lives with his wit and humor not to mention his knowledge of WDW.

A lot of people will be celebrating his life and all he so graciously gave to others.

Please know in your heart that he is in a far better and might I add..."bigger" place and smiling down on you.

May God be with you now and always

Carol

Lisa,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Like others on the board, I also felt intense shock when I saw the news... So much so that I haven't responded until now.

I can't tell you how many times Rich made me laugh out loud while I read his posts. Among other things, he really had tremendous gifts of insight, communication, and courage to express himself. From what I understand, all of those gifts were easily eclipsed, though, by his big heart for others.

My sympathies are with you, your family and his friends.

With heartfelt sorrow,

Greg

Lisa, thank you for sharing that very typical Rich story with us. I always thought his humor was as obvious as it was subtle. (Then again I didn't hang around the debate board!) The DVC board was the first place I came to on the DIS and in no time I was always looking for Rich's responses (mostly to see the reaction that the posters would have!) So the ticking certainly fits the bill.

I just lost another friend (Montessori) on these boards two short months ago at the age of 46. I knew her as well for her sense of humor. She too stirred up a few emotions on the debate board. But I am glad to see such an outpouring of emotions and prayers for Rich, as was for her, even by his debate sparring partners.

We DVC members talk alot about the years we have left in our DVC agreement and it's future value blah, blah blah. I know next time I read about 37 years to go or 50 years to go or whatever, I will remember our friend who went way too early but cherished the years he had while he was here. Please keep that Disney connection alive with him. He would have wanted it that way.

Prayers and good wishes to you and your family in your time of grief and the future ahead.

I was so saddened, like many here on the Disboard when I found out about Rich's passing. I always enjoyed reading his posts. He will surely be missed here on the boards.

Lisa, please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you, your daughter, and Rich's whole family. May God bless you!!

Patty

I was so sorry to read this :( I always enjoyed reading Rich's posts on the DVC board.

My thoughts are with your family, Lisa, and I hope your wonderful memories will help you in your time of loss.

I want to express how deeply sorry I am for you and your daughter's loss. Although I didn't know Rich, I feel an incredible sense of loss. Thank you for taking the time to give us some insight into your lives.
Mary

I am very, very sad to read this news. Somehow here on The DIS we seem to get to know one another beyond just an anonymous internet poster. Perhaps it's our common interest in Disney and DVC.
Although I never met Rich in person, it feels like a friend has passed.

My thoughts are with his family...

MG

I am so sorry for your loss and pray that you and your daughter will cherish your memories forever. Rich's posts were hilarious and always made me smile... I'll always remember him!

I've been trying to figure out what to reply to this thread since I first saw it. At first I was hoping this wasn't true or was some kind of a mistake but I guess it's real. I came to the DIS in order to learn more about DVC and for the longest time I only frequented this board. Rich was the first person I ever recognized by name. I'm a BWV person and at first I was annoyed by what he posted about BWV but then I soon realized that he was a master of button pushing and I can really picture him giggling his butt off as he posted his OKW spiel. Even though I disagreed with him, his posts always cracked me up and I loved watching the ruckus that he raised around here.

I know he always had the highest standards for his OKW vacations and loved his grand villas and it makes me smile to know that he did live his life to the fullest even though it was unfairly cut way too short. It actually explains a lot about his online personality and I always pictured him as the same kind of person in "real life" and I'm glad to hear that he was.

I'm so sorry for your family's loss and I wish you comfort and strength to get through what must be a very difficult time.

So sorry to hear about your loss. He was so young. His posts were truely memorable. He will be missed. :(

Lisa,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Of course, I didn't know Rich, but he was always a very popular poster here and made so many people laugh. All the best to you and your family. May God be with you.

-Lisa

I've always wondered what Rich looked like, if anyone has a picture they might be willing to share, it might be nice to attach a face to all the posts we remember, as we pay our respects. Just a thought, I hope it's not out of line. If it is, someone PM me and I'll erase it.

Lisa, thank you for sharing his story with us. I'm sorry for your loss.

My sincere condolences to you and your family.
I don't post that much, but read the boards on a regular basis, I will miss his posts.

Lisa,

I've always enjoyed reading Rich's posts for his wealth of DVC information and incredible levity.

My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Copper3

Originally posted by CaptainMidnight
I've always wondered what Rich looked like, if anyone has a picture they might be willing to share, it might be nice to attach a face to all the posts we remember, as we pay our respects. Just a thought, I hope it's not out of line. If it is, someone PM me and I'll erase it.

Lisa, thank you for sharing his story with us. I'm sorry for your loss.

Here's some not-so-great pics of Rich for everyone. My scanner isnt working so I used my digital camera and the results are not the greatest: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/snarlgrrl/album?.dir=/b58a

He's the guy with the glasses and baseball cap in the first picture. There's a few others of him at WDW with his mom (now deceased) and Jacqui. One of me and him at the Plaza Hotel in NYC (with flowers!) - and others with family members.

Lisa

I am so sorry for your family's loss. I hope you find some comfort in knowing that so many "strangers" were touched by Rich's presence on these boards. As I told my husband of Rich's passing, I felt like I was talking about an old friend.

I hope that the many thoughts and prayers being focused towards your loss help you through this most difficult time.

Take care,
G4L

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter