Sad News about Rich Hyams

I am so very sorry. I also enjoyed reading his posts. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Words are just so inadequate.

Lisa,
Our family sends you our deepest sympathies for your loss.
God bless both you and your daughter. You are in our thoughts & prayers. Take care.
Kay

So sorry to hear of the passing of Rich. I thoroughly enjoyed reading his posts and did learn quite a bit from what he had to say.............mostly made me smile and laugh.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you Lisa and your daughter.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I too started reading and posting (not often) on the "old boards". I always looked for his posts because they entertained me. We have been members at OKW since 93 and I always enjoyed his comments.

I will be thinking of you and your daughter. What a terrible loss. Thank you for sharing with all of us....he has been missed and will continue to be missed.

Like many others, I noticed Rich had stopped posting here quite awhile ago. I just assumed he'd gotten bored with the boards,lost interest after having many of the same debates over & over again, answering the same questions over and over. Guess I was very wrong.

My favorite Richy'ism : "The glass at BWV is very clear". I may have to have a t-shirt made with that quote on it if I ever stay at BWV again. What I loved most about the statement was that many people never understood it.

Lisa, my prayers are with you and yours.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, our prayers will be with you and your family at this time of sorrow.

Rich's pointed remarks were a great way to hone an opposing view on many issues. But on the subject of OKW, there really IS no opposing view, right Rich? Only an amazing person could elicit in cyberspace so much regard. You must certainly be treasuring more than ever those OKW grand villa trips, Lisa. Thanks for posting at this traumatic time so that Rich's friends can mourn his passing.

I too am truly sorry for your loss, Lisa. I have certainly missed his unique wisdom of late. The passion he had for OKW seemed to be the passion with which he lived his life. May God Bless you and your family.

I am sorry to hear about Rich. He was well respected for his beliefs he expressed. He will be missed!

God bless you and your family

Lisa,

So sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Rich will be greatly missed on the boards.:sad2:

Lisa,
I am so sorry for your loss. Rich will be truly missed here by so many of us. You and your daughter are in my prayers. :sad1:

And "Yes, Rich if there is a heaven it is all OKW!";)

My deepest sympathy to you and your family. I always looked forward to reading Richyams posts. He will be greatly missed.

Rich was always right about OKW.... :)

I am so sorry for your loss. He made the world a better place for many many people.

Sincerely,
Sue

I'm so sorry for your loss. I will keep your family in my prayers.:(

I am so sorry for you and your daughter's loss. I hope the many memories you have will bring you some comfort in the months and years ahead.
Dh and I planned a short notice trip this past year and because of Richyams many glowing posts on OKW, we were very content when all we could get at short notice was OKW.

We are so sorry to hear of your loss. Though we never met Rich we felt as if we knew him through his humorous tones here on the forums. He always provided wit where needed. He will be truly missed here on the DIS. May God provide you comfort in the coming days.

Lisa, I too would like to let you know that you and your daughter are in my thoughts and prayers. I don't post often, but enjoyed reading Rich's posts. I had noticed he was absent from the boards and am so sorry to hear of his passing.

Our deepest sympathies to you, Lisa, and your daughter.

Your husband was a special man...one who could put a smile on the faces of so many people and a laugh in their hearts at the same time (a gift that is truly invaluable).

Thank you Rich for the smiles and the laughs. You will be missed!

~mike and laura

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter