Sad News about Rich Hyams

Lisa,

I'm not much of a poster, but am an avid reader of this board. I was very saddened to hear of Rich's passing. I always looked forward to his posts. Especially those where he "baited" a certain few members. I would find myself "looking" for his posts/responses just because I knew there was a good laugh to be found.

My thoughts are with you and your daughter. And next month when my husband and I are at OKW, I'll think of Rich as the two of us enjoy our villa (one bedroom, of course!;) )

- Sharon

I am deeply saddened by the news of Rich's passing. When we first bought into DVC and I stumbled across this board, it was Rich who answered my questions. May it give comfort to his family to know he was apprecated here on the DVC board so very much.

God's blessings to his family.

Sue

Rich will be missed here but please know that our thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you and your family. Rich made the DVC board really fun and interesting. He must of been quite a person to live with and it sounds like a wonderful husband and father.

I rarely look at the boards anymore, but my sister told me about this sad news. Rich was truely a delight to read. His wonderful sense of humor, his love to tease, and his great knowledge will be greatly missed. A guy who loved pickled pigs feet had to be allright. My deepest sympathy to all who loved him. Jerry.

Lisa~
Having been away from the boards this week due to business, I was shocked to read the news about Rich. I loved reading his posts on these boards & especially always appreciated his contributions. Please accept my condolenses and know that you & your family are in many thoughts & prayers.

Nancy

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time. Rich will be greatly missed.

Lisa,

Our deepest sympathy to you and your daughter. From the first time we began lurking on this board, and then contributing our own comments, Rich was a standout for his hilarious and dedicated-OKW views. We so enjoyed reading his posts, and he often answered so many questions for us regarding our OKW home. We enjoy visiting all the DVC resorts and always think of him and smile as we explore the differences in the size of each resort's accommodations, length of hallways, etc. We loved his sense of humor and will surely miss his posts. We are so saddened by your loss, and ours.

Grace and Sal

So sorry to hear of your loss. Have been a lurker more than a poster and enjoyed reading his posts. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers. We are staying at OKW for the first time next month, and will think of him. Paulette

Keeping you and your daughter in my thoughts and prayers.

So very sorry for your loss. I've enjoyed reading Rich's posts since I joined DVC and this board. May you be comforted by many happy memories of him and by the knowledge that he touched so many as is evidenced by this post. I read the board often but don't post much - this was certainly worth responding to. Wishing you and your daughter peace and happiness in your future.

I signed the guest book linked in another thread, then was afraid you might not see that one, so decided to post again here.

I was so sorry to hear of Rich's passing. He was an institution on these boards. I have been a DISer just about from the beginning (long enough to have to re-register a couple of times!) and Rich is a part of all of my memories here. I'm a devoted Boardwalk owner, so naturally Rich annoyed the living daylights out of me! ;)

Words fail at times like this. My heart goes out to you, Lisa, and your daughter.

I am so sorry for your sudden loss. I always enjoyed reading your husband's posts---always entertaining.

You and your daughter are in my thoughts and prayers.......

Lisa I am so sorry, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

thank you for sharing the pictures.

Mary

Lisa,

I haven't posted here very often over the years that I have been here, but I have always enjoyed Rich's posts of his beloved OKW. It is mine also. Each time I go to OKW I always think of some of his posts and think about how right he was about it. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Bart

I've only just read this news on the community board. I'm so very sorry to hear about Rich's death. I remember him well from the debate board - strangely we agreed 100% on religious topics .................and DISagreed 100% on politics. Still you could always rely on Rich for a totally honest opinion on anything!

Sending you and your daughter my sincerest condolences at this VERY sad time. :(

I was so saddened to hear the news about Rich. My husband just told me last night. He has been doing most of the postings here the last couple of years, but I remember when we joined DVC back in 1999 Rich was so helpful, and always entertaining. Our condolences on your loss, and our prayers for you and your daughter.

Rania

Lisa--I did not have the honor of knowing your husband within the DIS Boards (I am too new to them.) But I am very saddened to hear of this news....it is apparent he was well-loved by many, and that he will be greatly, greatly missed by all.

My condolences go out to you and your daughter, and I hope you find a small bit of comfort in knowing he made such a tremendous, smiling impact on people.

Warm regards,
Sarah

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter