Sad News about Rich Hyams

Richyams

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
All,

Just wanted you to know that Rich passed away this morning at the age of 42.

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum to post this information, but just wanted to let you know that he really enjoyed participating on this board - and I certainly remember many nights of him tapping away, giggling to himself as he shared his love of Disney and our DVC membership (and knowing him, he was probably also spouting his strong beliefs about religion and politics!)

For those of you who never met him, Rich was everything that you experienced online - and so much more! In addition to being a loving dad to our 15yr old daughter, a wonderful husband and the love of my life, he was a bright, witty, funny - and yes - strong-willed guy with deep convictions. Although he may have come across as a bit irreverant at times (!), you should know that deep down and away from a keyboard, he was one of the most wonderful guys you could ever meet.

So thanks to all of you for making his life a little brighter. If any of you would like more info about arrangements, you can PM me here (under his user name).

Sincerely
Lisa Hyams

god bless you lisa ... rich was too funny .. he will be sooo missed. this is terrible .. sorry again for your loss.. he made my day MANY times....:( :( :( :( :( :( :( dave diot and family

I am so sorry to hear that. You have my deepest sympathy.

Donna

Thanks so much for sharing....while rich was a character to say the least....he will be missed..

Prayers are with your family at this time...

This is truly a sad night for the DVC Boards. My best to you and your daughter. Rich certainly brought a different perspective to this board. He has been and will continue to be misssed.

In his honor I would like to say that the OKW rooms are really BIG and those hallways at the BWV are very long!

HBC

I am so sorry for your loss. I started reading this board in 1998 and I read everything Rich wrote because it always made me laugh. My sympathy to all your family at this difficult time. Erin

I'm so sorry Lisa. I must say I am so sad, I so loved reading his posts, he has such a great sense of humor. I will miss him. Take care of yourself.

I loved reading rich's posts. He was funny and direct in his answers. I hope we can all live our lives by his example and remember to live each day as if it is the last. Love your children and your family because they are what counts most.

may your memories of him bring you some happiness in this time of sorrow.

Judy

My deepest sympathies, and I am so very very sorry to hear of this loss.

Rich was a most loved addition to our boards here. I personally enjoyed speaking with him in our DVC Chats often.

I am truly sad to read of this and hope you and your daughter find some comfort from these words in the coming days. Hugs..

I am so sorry to hear of your loss! Rich will be sorely missed around here. I had been missing his posts for the past few months. His sense of humor often gave me a lift, and his colorful personality shone right through in his posts. :D

My condolences and prayers are with you and your daughter. It was so thoughtful of you to post this sad news here. Blessings to both of you.

I am so sorry for your loss. I will miss Rich's comments..they always made me chuckle. I hope your memories of family times together will help comfort you during this most difficult time.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Our families deepest sympathies go out to you at this time.

Very sorry to hear about this, I've wondered where he's been. Rich certainly added some flavor to the boards.

It's funny...I only knew him from his posts, but thoughts of him always creep into my mind whenever our family of 5 enters a DVC 1-BR unit. ;)

Sympathy to your whole family....Johnnie

:(

Thanks so much for sharing, Lisa. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

His abscence from the DIS has been noted for several months now. He certainly added a different dimension to this forum.

He will be missed.

Your family will be in our prayers.

Rich was a unique and valued member of this community. He shared a small part of himself here and this place was more fun for it.

God Bless you Rich.

May your Heavenly home resort have big room and short hall.

I would also like to add my condolences. I really enjoyed Rich's posts and will miss them.

So sorry to hear of you loss.....I really enjoyed reading Rich's posts....he will be truly missed on these boards. Our prayers are with you and your family.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I've noticed he hasn't been on the boards much and missed his posts.

Keeping you and your family in my prayers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter