Sad News about Rich Hyams

Can you believe all these people knew of your husband or had read at least one of his posts?

I am sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My prayers are with you and your daughter,
Patrick,Margaret and Caoimhe.

Your Dis-family shares in your loss and sorrow. Heartfelt thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

My heart is saddened. My sympathy to you and your family. We all looked for as well as looked forward to Rich's comments on any topic of discussion. I'll miss seeing his recipe for pig's feet for all the newcomers looking for ideas for meals in the villas. He was such a witty and fun person, and will be dearly missed.

Sheri

Deepest sympathy. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers. I am more of a observer than a poster on this board. I have thoroughly enjoyed all of Rich's posts and he will be sorely missed. Like many of the others have said, we'll feel his presence whenever we're at OKW. He always made OKW more special because of his unwavering loyalty to it.
God Bless.

Thank you so much for the photos....

Again, in you and your daughter are in our thoughts and prayers.

And I loved his sense of humor!

I know that you and your daughter's loss is tremendous and no words can ease that, but when I next visit WDW I know that I will think of Rich and how he loved that place!

I'm sure he will be enjoying it, too...

Denise::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

I am so sorry to hear this.

Rich will obviously be missed by many, including me. Now we have another fan who will always be there to tour the parks with.

Everytime I walk down a long hall in a hotel I think of his comments with a little smile.

Lisa, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your daughter.

Thank you for letting us know what happained.

I never met Richard, but I almost feel like I knew him from his posts. He seemed a fine man, generous with his time and his considerable knowledge.

I am shocked and saddened. So sorry for your loss.

So sorry for your loss. Rich will certainly be missed here - loved to see what he had to say

Wishing you hope and courage during such a hard time.

The Chatterjees

Originally posted by Richyams
Here's some not-so-great pics of Rich for everyone. My scanner isnt working so I used my digital camera and the results are not the greatest: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/snarlgrrl/album?.dir=/b58a

He's the guy with the glasses and baseball cap in the first picture. There's a few others of him at WDW with his mom (now deceased) and Jacqui. One of me and him at the Plaza Hotel in NYC (with flowers!) - and others with family members.

Lisa
Thank you for sharing Lisa. So many posts offering condolences, it has to be some help and comfort at this difficult time. Peace be with you.

How so very sorry I am for your loss! I know what it would mean to our son if he lost his Dad, so blessings upon you, Lisa, and your daughter.

So many days, I'd come home from school frustrated and exhausted only to turn to these boards because I could count on Rich to make me chuckle and laugh...such a gift! He even took the time to answer all of my crazy questions about DVC & my quest for the 'good life' in FLA!

Thank you for sharing him with us.

And thank you, Rich, for your wisdom, your advice, and all those 5pm smiles.

~Rose~

Very sorry to hear about your loss. Rich's post were always a favorite of mine. So sad that he was so young. We all know how much he loved Disney and DVC and will remember him always.

You and your daughter were blessed to have had him in your lives.

Lisa, thank you so much for posting the pictures of Rich. I'm so glad I can now picture him when I think of him. :D

My continuing thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter.

Lisa,
This is the first time this week I have had a chance to read the message boards. WOW, It really shocked me to see the sad news of the passing of Richyams. I remember his comments about BWV and his 5 in a room no-no's. He was a very funny guy. He will be missed on this board by his humor and knowledge of Disney. My heart goes out to you and your daughter. GOD has now taken him to his "HAPPIEST" place. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR DAUGHTER!
Mary Lou aka NJMouse

I am saddened to hear of Rich's departure. Our best to you and your family in the time ahead.

While I do not post often, I too have always looked for Rich's comments here on the DIS. While Rich probably would have tagged me as one of the "liberals" he loved to warn the world about - we actually agreed about many things, including our love for DVC, WDW, and OKW (and those smaller units available at VWL, BWV, BCV, and SSR).

We will have a moment of silence to remember Rich when we return to OKW in November.

Prayers for you and your daughter. He will be missed. :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter