Rose & Crown Fireworks Dining Package - Opening October 1

I attended Spice Road’s fireworks dinner on Sat night. I will say service was slow and not perfect. But as we know, Disney is facing a service shortage and there are many in training so some patience is key.

Check in is at 8:45 if your ADR is at 9. They seated us at 9. There are only 7 tables!!! That’s why it’s so hard to get a ressie. One table for 6, 3-4 tables of 4, and remainders are table for two. Tables for 4 and up are closest to the water. There’s a rope that divides the rest of restaurant so no one can sneak in. Everyone stayed seated in our area during the show. All tables are pre-assigned, so there’s no advantage to checking in early.

The food was quite delicious and filling. There were maybe 6-8 options to choose from. You get to pick two. There’s a dessert platter with a almond sugar cake/cookie, a brownie, and something like baklava. They’re sweetened with honey. There’s a choice of drinks. You must stick to options provided on the special menu. With the slower service, I was able to order two flutes of Cava. That was probably enough for me anyway!

Sorry, I neglected to take a pic of the menu. I did take a few pics. Dinner is first. Dessert comes midway during the show. You have time post Harmonious to finish.

The view is pretty good. For me, after walking around the parks, it was just lovely to sit and enjoy the show without having to be in crowds and find a spot long in advance. Given the price point, I would probably not do this again, but I liked having a full meal as opposed to the dessert parties.

View:
View attachment 610114
View attachment 610117

Here’s the spiced chicken. Not spicy.
View attachment 610110

The lamb:
View attachment 610111

The spicy shrimp. It had a kick.
View attachment 610112

And the hummus fries:
View attachment 610113
Thank you! I have this one in Dec. after rethinking the R&C one because of the view. I wanted to see it without people practically up against each other.

I’m about to lose my mind trying to get this reservation. I have been trying since September 26. Today was day 12 of getting up early and hitting refresh a million times. At this point I feel I have invested too much time to give up! “Argh” is right!
I’m about to lose my mind trying to get this reservation. I have been trying since September 26. Today was day 12 of getting up early and hitting refresh a million times. At this point I feel I have invested too much time to give up! “Argh” is right!

Same thing is happening to us. My sister called Disney and they told her it was unavailable for the first week of December. Assuming that means sold out?

Do any of the reservation finder services check for these kind of packages? All I'm seeing on Touring Plans and Mouse Dining is the option to look for a normal R & C reservation.

Do any of the reservation finder services check for these kind of packages? All I'm seeing on Touring Plans and Mouse Dining is the option to look for a normal R & C reservation.

I'd send an email to TP and ask them to enter these packages into their drop down search list.

We did the package last night (10/1) and agree with what others have said on the view. If the view is most important, then no, you can not see the main projection eye/stargate/circle thing at all.

Our view was similar to gottalovepluto’s above, except we were further toward the end toward the international gateway so even a bit less of the circle, though the two other lower screens were more straight on. We were also under the metal canopy’s, so some of the higher fireworks were a bit obstructed depending on where sat.

If you want a nice reserved spot to sit, it is worth it. That was our primary goal so I was good with it. The rest of the family were very happy with doing it. However as others said, if paying for a premium seat, should expect a premium view.

Food was good. Regular Rose & Crown from their regular menu, just a bit more limited in choices.

All drinks on the attached menu included as well. Sorry not the best pics of the menu. Had not realized someone folded instead of rolled it up 😊

Our waitress was fantastic though. No issues with our 11 year old ordering off kid’s menu.

It was a much better experience than Space 220 we did the night before. Our waiter was great at Space 220, but bad seating (I had a great view of the staff entering and exiting the kitchen), and they were out of two entrees my two older daughters were looking forward to.

View attachment 609424View attachment 609425
Thank you for sharing this! It answers my questions!

I’m starting to wonder if there’s no plans to continue this package. Still unavailable to even search for availability past Thanksgiving.

I'm wondering the same thing. We are here now and yesterday as we were walking by R & C we scoped out the view. It's pretty bad. Not only are you looking directly at the side of Stargate so you cannot see the screen, one of the tacos is partially blocking it as well. We were wondering if there had been complaints about the view and they just quietly discontinued it. I'd been stalking the website for it for our Dec trip, but after seeing that we just lost interest. If you don't care about seeing the screens it probably would be fine for the pyro, but just not for the whole show.

Last edited:
A thought about the lack of availability for December… could it be because the Christmas Processional dining package reservations will then be in play at the Rose and Crown (among others)?

I wondered about that as well, but it's just a handful of tables so I'm not sure. Anything is possible, though!

Looks like people who were speculating about the Candlelight dinner packages might be right. Rose and Crown is doing a package deal. However, I really wonder if this cancels out the firework packages? I assume the Candlelight packages will be earlier in the evening, and they could eat inside because the outdoor view is irrelevant to the package. But maybe they just don't want to do two types of special dining events in the same night? Who really knows. Spice Road isn't on the Candlelight list so their firework dinners could potentially still go on.

As a note, the Candlelight dinner packages are about $24 cheaper for adults than the fireworks packages, but they don't include unlimited drinks.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/candlelight-dinner-packages/

I wonder. Candlelight packages are booked for earlier in the day (to allow time for the attendees to get to the show), and Harmonious packages are booked for 9:00 PM, so they would not conflict.

There is now a disclaimer (appeared sometime between yesterday and today) on the Rose and Crown package page: "From November 25, 2021 to January 9, 2022, the Rose & Crown Fireworks Dining Package will be unavailable to accommodate the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays Presented by AdventHealth – Candlelight Processional Dining Package."

I wonder. Candlelight packages are booked for earlier in the day (to allow time for the attendees to get to the show), and Harmonious packages are booked for 9:00 PM, so they would not conflict.

Yep! I posted something similar on another thread. The Candlelight Processional excuse doesn't make sense as they are offered much earlier in the day. The last time you can even search for is 6PM - 3 hours before the Harmonious package was offered. Then when you consider that CP ends on Dec 30, their excuse really makes no sense :sad2: .

💩
There is now a disclaimer (appeared sometime between yesterday and today) on the Rose and Crown package page: "From November 25, 2021 to January 9, 2022, the Rose & Crown Fireworks Dining Package will be unavailable to accommodate the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays Presented by AdventHealth – Candlelight Processional Dining Package."

Disney just frustrates and confuses me at times. 😕 Because of CLP? One really has nothing to do with the other because the dining package is only one seating in the evening and CLP is throughout the day. What makes even more sense is doing a different Epcot restaurant for CLP and keeping R&C for the DP.😖 At least with both happening, I had a shot at maybe at least one, now I have nothing because CLP is sold out for all dates of our trip after a 2-hour fiasco yesterday morning.😠 We really need a dessert party for HarmonioUS!

Last edited:
Disney just frustrates and confuses me at times. 😕 Because of CLP? One really has nothing to do with the other because the dining package is only one seating in the evening and CLP is throughout the day. What makes even more sense is doing a different Epcot restaurant for CLP and keeping R&C for the DP.😖 At least with both happening, I had a shot at maybe at least one, now I have nothing because CLP is sold out for all dates of our trip after a 2-hour fiasco yesterday morning.😠 We really need a dessert party for HarmonioUS!
I don’t even know why they advertise these when they do not have enough. I couldn’t get a fireworks package or a candlelight processional package. They were gone within an hour after they opened.

Hi there, I'm curious if there is anymore recent first-hand experience with this newer party? Just read the full thread and my takeaways were:
-Can't see the center projections of Harmonius
-Reservation availability has been very limited, likely due to a combo of small # of tables as well Disney excuse of conflict with Candelight Processional
-Package seating is at the "lower" uncovered patio area, not the "upper" covered outdoor patio (unless it's raining)

Our family saw Illuminations at R&C in 2018 with a normal ADR that was I would say 90 minutes before the show and they let us stay for Illuminations no problem, we did order dessert/coffee for the show. I honestly can't remember whether we were on the lower or upper patio (think it was upper), but we had a fantastic view of Illuminations from our table without dealing with other guests (sounds like it might not be optimal for Harmonius). It was one of the highlights of our trip.

Haven't been back to WDW since then, but I'm gathering that Disney started charging for this view maybe in 2019?

I have 2 daughters who will be 14 and 10 for a trip Nov 2022-- I am definitely not paying $90×4 for this, but I would consider trying for a late eve normal ADR with a polite request (not guarantee) for outdoor upper patio seating even with the non-optimal viewing if there is a chance it was similar to the paid fireworks view. Is that still a thing or am I dreaming? Anyone do that during the days of Epcot Forever party or now during the Harmonius party?

Thanks in advance!!! Also would be interested to hear more reviews of the paid experience from this Oct/Nov

Personally, i would not spend the money as the angle is totally wrong and you miss the projections in the "stargate".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter