Rose & Crown Fireworks Dining Package - Opening October 1

72.00 for two small plates and dessert, even with the fireworks seating seems a bit high but that is just me, I know others will go for it.

Yeah.. We are going to be there 10/1, so will probably do one of the packages (if can snag one) since it will probably be crazy, but otherwise we would hold off.

On the one hand, I really hate that they are monetizing absolutely everything. And on the other hand... I'm kind of thinking about it. Dessert parties feel too extravagant for me, as we don't need that much sugar. But if it can pass as an actual meal... maybe.

I'm starting to have the "we aren't going again, maybe ever, so maybe we'll splurge" mindset, which is starting to feel like what they intend.

On the one hand, I really hate that they are monetizing absolutely everything. And on the other hand... I'm kind of thinking about it. Dessert parties feel too extravagant for me, as we don't need that much sugar. But if it can pass as an actual meal... maybe.

I'm starting to have the "we aren't going again, maybe ever, so maybe we'll splurge" mindset, which is starting to feel like what they intend.
I think there is a group that likes to dine during fireworks (not us, too late) and they are targeting this group. Same experience but now you have to pay a fixed fee.

Yikes. $89 per adult/$39 per child? Does "unlimited beverages" mean non-alcoholic? I'm assuming no, since that would completely change the value proposition.

Otherwise, if I get the most expensive app, entree, dessert, and fountain soda + 20% gratuity, I'm at $64.79. So I guess the "view"/20min show is $24? For kids, you'd max out at $22.79, so $16 for their "view"/show?

We're a family of 2 adults, 2 "Disney adults,", and one child, so I guess we'd essentially be paying $112 for the view/show (or more, depending on what we order). Which makes me wonder, if Genie+ starts offering premium fireworks viewing for a fee, I'm betting the price per person will be in the $16-$24pp range...

Eh, to each their own, I guess. I was never into the Dessert Party concept, either (though I do LOVE Disney fireworks).

I used to be sort of blind to this pricing when I was on the dining plan (which was the point), but I guess it was all there... (Although, based upon all the character meals and special seating meals , e.g. Fantasmic, I would book, I think we used to come out ahead based on my calculations - but it was precise circumstances.)

I think that is our mindset as well. This will probably be are last trip for quite some time (if not the last) due to escalating prices with less services/perks/entertainment/etc. Since we are locked into going now anyways, splurge more than we would normally and done. Which, as you say, maybe what they intended.

So what happens if you already have a reservation at Rose and Crown for during the fireworks that was made before the package was released? I know this happened before when they released the package during Illuminations...but don't remember what happen to people's reservations.

that is actually not a terrible deal if it includes booze. I did it once in its prior incarnation and they had a couple of cocktails you could choose from or any beer you wanted. If you're not going to drink alcohol it might not be a deal at all, R&C isn't a tremendously expensive place although all prices are up.

So what happens if you already have a reservation at Rose and Crown for during the fireworks that was made before the package was released? I know this happened before when they released the package during Illuminations...but don't remember what happen to people's reservations.
I’m booked too and had planned to use it to see the show 😔

Even seated inside, I wonder if they will still allow the standing area for inside guests, as done previously? Still a good viewing area. I was surprised when it got to my 60 day mark and no package was listed, so I went ahead and booked R&C for the meal anyway. Curious as to if they will contact those of us with reservations and offer the package.

Yikes. $89 per adult/$39 per child? Does "unlimited beverages" mean non-alcoholic? I'm assuming no, since that would completely change the value proposition.
Not positive but I'm pretty sure this package used to include alcohol, making it a decent value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter