ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost bid on this one instead of buying VDH. Nice price and welcome home neighbor!

Thank you! I was surprised they accepted and didn't even counter. This was first offer but hey, considering what I was about to pay just 1 year ago, huge bargain. I too wanted to try and wait for VDH but another big part of me loved VGC so much, especially after staying there on my Welcome Home stay with my first contract (and how I was able to even get a room there 2 months out was pure luck, probably). Then I remembered when I stayed at DLH that one time in 2020 right before the pandemic hit. Let's just say I'm not as young as I used to be. We ended the night all the way in Galaxy's Edge and that was one looooong and painful walk back through the park then through DTD. I think I did over 20k steps that day which is about 12-14k above my average so that was probably a factor in that pain lol!

I do want to stay at VDH once to try it eventually... I'm hoping that a 7-month booking window will suffice. I'm also worried about how the likely resale restrictions would affect resale value down the line, if I were to choose that route.

I wonder if VDH resale WITH restrictions would still be popular since I doubt most would use the points for that resort outside of the California parks. Getting it on resale might be a boon for the fans in the surrounding region since now they can have a really nice room that's on property and walking distance to the parks-for relatively cheap!

Back to VGC, I think the price I got was still fair both ways, at least based on the other prices I've seen in this thread. I'm mostly sure this will pass ROFR and hopefully in a month, it'll be official! Sorry for the wall of somewhat disjointed text, my power just came back on and woke me up lol. And now I'm a bit groggy, typing this on my phone while lying downñ

I did that, and found the deed and original contract number. I did not, however, see the Use Year or Number of Points therein?? How can that be verified?
Should be in the deed somewhere, make sure you look at all the paperwork, deed and quite claim I believe are the possible documents. It isn't always at the top of the document, it could be in the main body of the deed.

I did that, and found the deed and original contract number. I did not, however, see the Use Year or Number of Points therein?? How can that be verified?

When looking at the Deed information there should be a link on the left side of the screen under View Images... I found the points and Use Year information there.

Frankk---$100-$18210-160-AKV-Oct-160/22, 160/23, 160/24- sent 3/2
Do you mind if I ask, who was the broker and what was the list price? I’ve only been looking for smaller contracts but seeing this makes me wonder if I should widen my search.

Do you mind if I ask, who was the broker and what was the list price? I’ve only been looking for smaller contracts but seeing this makes me wonder if I should widen my search.
Asking price is all over the place now. I’d just straight offer what I want to pay, no matter that is $20, $30 or $40 below asking. Some listings have been around for months and have not updated their prices. My BWV contract was accepted at $30 below asking.

lexxus379---$85-$9911-100-OKW-Jun-100/22, 200/23, 100/24- sent 1/13, passed 3/2

Finally!! I reached out to the title co for status since the broker was ignoring my emails. She reached out to Disney this morning and then it magically passed
i am wondering if it passed prior since others are passing at 12 days. I am at 11 days waiting and i think i will ask now lol

Asking price is all over the place now. I’d just straight offer what I want to pay, no matter that is $20, $30 or $40 below asking. Some listings have been around for months and have not updated their prices. My BWV contract was accepted at $30 below asking.
Seeing your ROFR entry gave me the guts to offer low on a BWV contract I saw. Still waiting to hear back from the seller 😬 My husband *really* likes the crescent lake locations, but given the 2042 expirations at BWV and BCV, buying in only makes sense below a certain $/point. This is the year. We either snag a contract we like at a competitive price or we keep renting forever.

I haven't monitored resale prices in about 3 years but popped in today. Passings at OKW for $80, extended for $90, AKV for $100, and BWV for $105, it's tempting to throw out some offers at resorts with cheaper standard views. We've been planning to wait to see what they'll do with new Poly and if it'll roll into existing association (as I'm expecting), so will keep an eye out to see if Poly bottoms out as well.

I haven't monitored resale prices in about 3 years but popped in today. Passings at OKW for $80, extended for $90, AKV for $100, and BWV for $105, it's tempting to throw out some offers at resorts with cheaper standard views. We've been planning to wait to see what they'll do with new Poly and if it'll roll into existing association (as I'm expecting), so will keep an eye out to see if Poly bottoms out as well.
I think because of the speculation that Poly will stay one pool the points will remain a higher value. I strongly considered a Poly contract for this reason, but it was way outside of what I wanted to spend for the points.

I think because of the speculation that Poly will stay one pool the points will remain a higher value. I strongly considered a Poly contract for this reason, but it was way outside of what I wanted to spend for the points.
Funny, the opposite happened at VGF. When they added the new hotel rooms to the existing association, the value dropped...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter