ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, the opposite happened at VGF. When they added the new hotel rooms to the existing association, the value dropped...
The difference is that VGF was a very balanced compact resort with all room types and now you could buy in direct for as close to what they were selling resale which was popular and went for higher since you needed to own there to book studios. Poly is the opposite where as they only have two room categories so if it’s in the same association the resale will be valued the same or higher because now there will be booking variety. With all the studios at VGF it’s not as important to own there for a chance at a studio, they will probably be available at 7 months or at least fill in a waitlist quicker.

The difference is that VGF was a very balanced compact resort with all room types and now you could buy in direct for as close to what they were selling resale which was popular and went for higher since you needed to own there to book studios. Poly is the opposite where as they only have two room categories so if it’s in the same association the resale will be valued the same or higher because now there will be booking variety. With all the studios at VGF it’s not as important to own there for a chance at a studio, they will probably be available at 7 months or at least fill in a waitlist quicker.
And people wonder why the VGF1 owners are a bit salty! :)

And people wonder why the VGF1 owners are a bit salty! :)
Could end up being a dog fight for the resort studios and 2 bedroom units now the whole year, not just in the fall into the winter. Really not happy about it, but I'll wait it out a few years to see how hard it becomes.

Funny, the opposite happened at VGF. When they added the new hotel rooms to the existing association, the value dropped...
I bought into VGF direct this past year and saw how the resale value dropped.
I was thinking it could be because Disney did not need to buy points to sell those who were wanting to buy VGF direct and I think currently are still not in dire need.
Also a second thought is Disney is still trying to sell points direct at VGF at a discounted rate. I expect at some point, Disney will raise VGF back to the $245 (or higher) that it was at before the addition of the villa rooms to buy direct which will have a direct impact on the resale value of VGF contracts. If people want to stay at VGF but don't want to pay the direct price, they will want a resale contract going for less.

However, regarding Poly, I have a feeling many will want this new resort because it will finally offer 1 and 2 bedrooms which the current poly does not have and I think the views toward magic kingdom will be amazing. Also, I think Disney will try to market various room types with varying point ranges similar to Riviera with tower rooms all the way to 3 bed villas-standard to preferred.
If Disney does pool the new Poly Tower, then the resale contracts may be hard to come by at the time of sales start for the new Poly Tower in late 2024 due to the fact Disney chose not to ROFR now or in possibly this next year. There will be little choice but to buy into Poly direct if you one really wants those rooms and views.
So I personally think in about 2 years Poly resale value will go up due the sale of the tower if points are pooled.

Of course this is all hypothetical and possible wishful thinking on my part.
As much as I love seeing these low prices. I do want to see prices rise on resale, eventually, so that I know my contracts are worth something if I need to ever sell.

Which is why I will be surprised if DVD goes this route...they seem to want to have resale and direct different products and by rolling Poly tower into PVB, it may do the opposite.

But, at least maybe we are 6 months or so away from the decision? I am hoping we might even find out when VDH sales are announced...that they give us the answer for Poly tower too!!!

I am shocked that someone would price a contract at $144 and accept $100. Good on you to make such a bold offer. I paid $115 on a contract priced at $135 AKV last month. I was surprised that seller accepted $20 under list. Definitely wish I had paid $100.
You never know until you try. Its why I went $110 on a RIV contract listed at $146...worst they could say is no...which they did...lol

I am shocked that someone would price a contract at $144 and accept $100. Good on you to make such a bold offer. I paid $115 on a contract priced at $135 AKV last month. I was surprised that seller accepted $20 under list. Definitely wish I had paid $100.
Some people just might want to just be done with it, and sell at any decent price. Also, if they have held the contract for over 10 years they probably are making money off of it, and have had 10 years of vacation stays.

Could end up being a dog fight for the resort studios and 2 bedroom units now the whole year, not just in the fall into the winter. Really not happy about it, but I'll wait it out a few years to see how hard it becomes.
Actually, I think Resort Studios will be very easy to get. The Deluxe Studios are going to be the hard ones. I had to struggle to find availability now at 11 months.

Actually, I think Resort Studios will be very easy to get. The Deluxe Studios are going to be the hard ones. I had to struggle to find availability now at 11 months.
Sorry I meant the Deluxe Studios or whatever they are called in the VGF 1.0 building.

Good for you. I got a message from them that no sellers would not sell for that much under asking.

I kind of had the same experience 2-3 weeks ago. Offered many AKV on multiple sites listed in 130"s at $110. Many would not even counter and none below $120. I finally found one on Fidelity that agreed to $110. The next week some of the ones I had offered and would not come below $120 was listed on here as bought for $110 & $100.

I might be the odd ball but does anyone else go to the Orange County comptroller and actually confirm the sellers deed matches UY Resort and Points and that DVC doesn’t have any outstanding Liens for back dues?
I don't, but I've wondered if anyone checks resale prices to prove that buyers aren't (or are) lying like the brokers claim they do.

I don't, but I've wondered if anyone checks resale prices to prove that buyers aren't (or are) lying like the brokers claim they do.
I have been checking the data.

Just got done looking at SSR recorded deeds for February.

100 point contracts sold for a range of $100 to 133. There were 11 I checked the average was $115
120 points went for $92.50
130 point for $105

These sales were likely from December/January

I searched using a dollar range of the deed tax. The range was $65 to $100

I might redo it and search $50 to 64 to see how many 100 point contracts are in that data set. There were no 100 point contracts in this set.

Last edited:
given the 2042 expirations at BWV and BCV, buying in only makes sense below a certain $/point.
I wonder if/when Disney stops buying them back at al because the value just can't be there, how can they sell @ direct prices with only 18, 15, 10 years left. lol

Some people just might want to just be done with it, and sell at any decent price. Also, if they have held the contract for over 10 years they probably are making money off of it, and have had 10 years of vacation stays.
Exactly, some people only paid $85, 15+ years ago, and others paid $175, 4 years ago. That's why you never know, & also why I don't bother even looking at contracts that say "full price offers only" ;)

But aren’t the new resort studios in a a better location in BPK?
IMHO, no, they are not. We drive, so parking is much easier in the original DVC building. Also, the "Resort Studios" are basically hotel rooms without the kitchenette and actual refrigerator that are usually in DVC Studios. The big thing, though, is that the Deluxe Studios in the original DVC building have the 2 showers in the bathroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter