• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Riviera Available on WDW Site

Is that the exact brand they are using? Because that looks shaky. I can imagine those getting broken pretty easily.

I believe that is the company...not sure on models. The videos are also of display units not actually built in somewhere but who knows. A heck of a lot better than the pullouts.

For some reason nobody ever likes the previews of new resorts, be it artwork or photos. CCV's preliminary photos took quite a bashing until people had a chance to actually stay there and now the most frequent complaint about CCV is that there aren't any rooms available to book. I'm going to wait until some actual guests at Riviera post some actual reviews before getting myself all worked up about themeing and what not. Though IMHO, Riviera looks much nicer than BCV and BWV so I could see this becoming my go-to Epcot area resort if looks anything close to the photos in real life.

It's not just new resorts - that goes on always. We just have things we like and things we don't. CCV - I've stayed there. There were a couple of things that weren't visible in the photos that I liked but in good part my thoughts didn't change a whole lot. It's fine. I always thought it would be fine. It's not what I would have hoped - something not modern rustic but more along the lines of what it was. But it's fine. This will be fine too. What I know is that I don't expect fine from Disney as it really wasn't what they were built on.

Chances are that a king size Murphy bed would have been too unwieldy for most guests. That, and the space a appears too tight to accommodate the width (you would lose those drawers) and the length (no room to pass around the foot of the bed).

Since it's a new build the room size could have been anything they wanted but they choose to make it an efficient size to have a queen bed in instead of a king bed.

At least it's only called a pod but isn't actually make you sleep in one.

I believe that's normal on the cash side of things.
Oh, really? I know that is the case with Disney resorts, but even in a DVC unit when booked with cash? I need to look into that more, I had no idea if this is the case.

I am in no way impressed with this resort, not saying I wouldn't stay here at some point, but no real strong desire too. Kinda like how I feel about BLT I guess. But are the model rooms done? If so, are they in the Saratoga Preview Center? If so, I might take a peek in April.

Just us... WHY does DVC continue to waste massive amounts of space with KITCHENS?
When I take my dear wife on a vacation? NEITHER of us is gonna cook :).

If I could "like" this 1000 times, I would!

If anyone expects me to so much as make a sandwich on vacation, they are not invited to come next time! Lol

Just us... WHY does DVC continue to waste massive amounts of space with KITCHENS?
When I take my dear wife on a vacation? NEITHER of us is gonna cook :).

I hate having to get dressed to go to breakfast. I’d rather eat in my jammies and then get dressed! Or DH cooks while I get ready. Works for us. We’re currently in a CCV studio, missing the kitchen (and in-room laundry) tremendously!

Definitely has a luxurious feel but no sign of Disney to me. Could be a Hilton or Marriott. But the studios look comfortable. Will be nice night not to have to unfold a sofa bed every night and put it away every morning. The bathrooms also look luxurious. I just don’t think I’m getting the Disney feeling of being transported somewhere else or to another place or time. I guess it’s always a give-and-take. No resort will have everything. I agree that the one bedrooms should have two bathrooms. Never made sense to me how the studio could sleep more people than a one bedroom. Crazy. I wish they would make a DVC with two queen beds in the bedroom of a one bedroom villa.

I just find it cheaper, faster, and healthier than eating out all week. Plus, I can cook things that I know the kids will eat.
I love cooking in the villas. All breakfast, most snacks and at least one meal a day. Still plenty of special meals out, but our dinners in the villa are very special too. Often movie nights. All so special. One of my favourite parts of owning DVC.

Definitely has a luxurious feel but no sign of Disney to me. Could be a Hilton or Marriott. But the studios look comfortable. Will be nice night not to have to unfold a sofa bed every night and put it away every morning. The bathrooms also look luxurious. I just don’t think I’m getting the Disney feeling of being transported somewhere else or to another place or time. I guess it’s always a give-and-take. No resort will have everything. I agree that the one bedrooms should have two bathrooms. Never made sense to me how the studio could sleep more people than a one bedroom. Crazy. I wish they would make a DVC with two queen beds in the bedroom of a one bedroom villa.

I agree. Although, one article I read said the resort would feature Disney inspired paintings so maybe they will add some touches to the rooms that aren't in the renderings. We can hope anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter