Riviera Available on WDW Site

keaster

DIS Veteran
I did a search for a booking for December and Riviera came up an option (but with no availability).

Anyway, the room sizes they showed were:

Tower Studio (no view category): 1 Queen pull down bed (sleeps up to 2)

Deluxe Studio (standard & preferred view): 1 Queen bed, 1 Queen pull down bed, 1 single pull down bed (sleeps up to 5)

1-bedroom (standard & preferred view): 1 King Bed, 1 Queen pull down bed, 1 single pull down bed (sleeps up to 5)

2-bedroom (standard & preferred view): 1 King bed, 2 queen beds, 1 Queen pull down bed, 1 single pull down bed (sleeps up to 9).

3-bedroom grand villa (no view category): 1 King bed, 4 queen beds, 1 queen size sleeper sofa (sleeps up to 12)

Edit to add: floor plans are now on MS site, but no point chart yet!

Last edited:
Thanks for this. I reported on another thread that the standard studio that sleeps five is going for $648 taxes included.

The week of Dec 21-27 Seems really high to me. Bet the points match

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 8.18.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 8.18.59 AM.png
    414.6 KB · Views: 132
I just looked it up in the site. The rooms look really beautiful. I’m anxious to see the point charts. It was too much for me to book for cash. We will see how it is for points.

I know many members are put off my Disney’s new decor choices and this new two person studio, but I think they are spot on with design. They are responding to the new asthetic as well as responding to the broader definition of family. Those two person studios will fill a niche in the market.

I’m anxious to stay here. Hoping booking opens soon as I have trips planned in December/January 2020 and June 2020and October 2020.

Tower studio
riviera-pod-floorplan-16x9.jpg

Deluxe Studio
riviera-studio-floorplan-16x9.jpg

One Bedroom
riviera-1bedroom-villa-floorplan-16x9.jpg

Two Bedroom
riviera-2bedroom-villa-floorplan-16x9.jpg

Grand Villa
riviera-3bedroom-grandvilla-floorplan-16x9.jpg

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...riviera-resort/points-rooms/#default=0/0/0/1/

Last edited:
Re-posting from another thread in the Purchasing forum:

I think the room and lobby renderings look awfully plain...

Nice, but virtually zero theme
. Pool is decent.

reviera-recreation-16x9.jpg

Lobby:
riviera-le-petit-16x9.jpg

Two bedroom living room:
riviera-room-16x9.jpg

Two bedroom bedroom:
A9-2-Model-Room-One-or-Two-Bedroom-Villa-Bedroom-16x9.jpg

Two bedroom bathroom:
A9-3-Model-Room-One-or-Two-Bedroom-Villa-Bathroom-Vanity-16x9.jpg

Kitchen:
A9-1-Model-Room-One-or-Two-Bedroom-Villa-Dining-and-Kitchen-Area-16x9.jpg

Regular Studio-- note this does appear to have the murphy bed over the couch:
10-1-Model-Room-Deluxe-Studio-16x9.jpg

Studio bathroom:

10-3-Model-Room-Deluxe-Studio-Bathroom-16x9.jpg

Tower Studio (w/ one queen murphy bed) -- what's the point? Must be very low points:
WO-2-tower-studio-night-16x9.jpg

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/riviera-resort/

Re-posting from another thread in the Purchasing forum:
<snip>
Tower Studio (w/ one queen murphy bed) -- what's the point? Must be very low points:
WO-2-tower-studio-night-16x9.jpg

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/riviera-resort/

I believe the Tower Studio is aimed at couples like DH and me, and I was excited about them - until we saw the bed is a queen, not a king, and there’s no seating in the room when the bed is down. DH sometimes wakes early and gets out of bed to read while I sleep, but with this configuration he wouldn’t be able to do that. Maybe they’ll include a chair somewhere? Not to mention there’s no way to put a clock next to the bed so that you could see the time without sitting up and turning around. Too bad!

I believe the Tower Studio is aimed at couples like DH and me, and I was excited about them - until we saw the bed is a queen, not a king, and there’s no seating in the room when the bed is down. DH sometimes wakes early and gets out of bed to read while I sleep, but with this configuration he wouldn’t be able to do that. Maybe they’ll include a chair somewhere? Not to mention there’s no way to put a clock next to the bed so that you could see the time without sitting up and turning around. Too bad!

It looks like there is a chair to the right of the couch/bed (where there is a little desk).

Looking at the studio...
I like the division of the bathroom - 2 can shower simultaneously
I like the use of pocket doors - easy way to gain space
I like that there is a separate table / chairs to use (not in lieu of using bed)
If that is a Murphy over sofa - win!

Basically, I think the layout is about the best they can do (not knowing the square footage) to make a 4-5 person occupancy realistically comfortable.

However, I do not see even a speck of Disney in these rooms at all. That's sad.

Looking at the studio...
I like the division of the bathroom - 2 can shower simultaneously
I like the use of pocket doors - easy way to gain space
I like that there is a separate table / chairs to use (not in lieu of using bed)
If that is a Murphy over sofa - win!

Basically, I think the layout is about the best they can do (not knowing the square footage) to make a 4-5 person occupancy realistically comfortable.

However, I do not see even a speck of Disney in these rooms at all. That's sad.
But it’s not about theming “Disney.” The theme is the luxury of the French Riviera. I think they are capturing that opulence quite well. The architecture is correct. Theming is not about sticking Mickey on something, it’s about capturing the essence of that which they hope to evoke. Seems they’ve done that. I’ve been to the Riviera and this is a good interpretation.

Unenthused. I wish they would get back to the 2 bathrooms in 1 bedroom units. Especially if they're going to keep jacking the points up. Oh well.
Even if they went with the set-up of the Studio bathroom it would be better. Maybe it is just me, but one shower is not enough for a family.

But it’s not about theming “Disney.” The theme is the luxury of the French Riviera. I think they are capturing that opulence quite well. Theming is not about sticking Mickey on something, it’s about capturing the essence of that which they hope to evoke. Seems they’ve done that. I’ve been to the Riviera and this is a good interpretation.

I don't need "over-the-top" Disney theming, but I would rather feel like I'm not off-site. I like the "Disney bubble". Basically, I'm not a complainer when it comes to all white bedding etc, but a little Disney artwork or a few hidden Mickeys on the pillows makes me feel happy. And that could be done while keeping the basic theme with just a little creative thinking.

Doesn't really matter to me as that is pretty much the case at most of them now and I can't see me choosing this one over BWV / BCV or possibly even Swan / Dolphin at a good price anyway. I'll have easy enough access to the restaurants if they are good, so that's nice.

I'm actually relieved that I don't love the look of it as I don't want any urge to buy points there. Lol.

But it’s not about theming “Disney.” The theme is the luxury of the French Riviera. I think they are capturing that opulence quite well.

I have to disagree. It's often said of the new refurbs, but the rooms look like they could be from any luxury hotel chain. Nothing about those rooms and ESPECIALLY the lobby screams 'Europe' to me. It's so modern looking... honestly it could easily be any JW Mariott, Waldorf Astoria, etc.

It's all fine, but I think they are REALLY stretching here to say the theme is French Riviera. Where is the grand ornamentation, etc? Aside from the porte-cochere and mansard roofs I don't see it at all. Too sleek, modern, and generic. That said, I love the design of the bathrooms (even though it's more HGTV than Europe)

Last edited:
I love the look of the simple elegance, but it is missing the Disney touches. With the renderings and pics available so far, I agree that it looks like any luxury hotel. I feel like this is catering towards the Four Seasons crowd with it's price point and design.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter