• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Riviera Available on WDW Site

I'm curious to see what the painting(s) behind the small pull down beds will be. Those tend to be very cute.

Looking at the floor plan of those tower studios, it's hard to figure out where the kitchenette would be...unless the taller cabinet to the left of the bed will have a small microwave/fridge in there?

With IHG and Marriott, a kitchenette is often a dorm-sized fridge and microwave. I suspect these items are stored in the cabinet to the left of the bed.

The Riviera makes BLT look like it’s heavily Disney themed. More interested in seeing how Reflections turns out.

Insiders, who post regularly in other forums, have indicated that Reflections will follow the same modestly themed, modern design which has been adopted for Disney's Riviera Resort and the Gran Destino Tower at Disney's Coronado Springs. It seems that the Michael Eisner days of immersive resorts are gone.

Last edited:

If this is Europe, it is not the one where I have lived and traveled, nor is it the one that Walt Disney fell in love with. This is the sanitized Europe that global elitists enjoy today, and a banal rendition at that. No thanks. I'll just stay at the Waldorf where the price and service are far superior.

What irritates me the most is the marketing of this resort as being inspired by Europe. Europe is a continent, not a single country. It is comprised of numerous cultures and peoples with vast architectural styles and traditions. If the mansard roof was removed, then it would easily be a Marriott or Westin.

It is truly a shame that stories from Walt Disney's life are used as gospel for marketing ploys.

They are doing cash bookings for mid/end December, so doesn't look like it'll be ready for September.

The fridge is located across from the stove in the 2-bedroom/1-bedroom units.

Also I do think they all have balconies or patio for ground floor!

if they start cash bookings on Dec 16th does it likely mean dvc bookings will start on same date?

Just us... WHY does DVC continue to waste massive amounts of space with KITCHENS?
When I take my dear wife on a vacation? NEITHER of us is gonna cook :).
If it's just you and your wife, I am wondering why you are staying in a villa with a full kitchen instead of a studio? The whole point of the 1, 2, and 3 bedroom villas is for convenience for families of 3 or more. Laundry, kitchen, etc. is a huge necessity for our family. I couldn't afford vacationing at Disney without them. If Disney didn't offer the choice, we'd simply stay offsite in a villa that did. DVC was Disney's answer to so many people buying offsite time shares - they needed to offer an equivalent. There are plenty of Disney hotels with no kitchens for those who want that...

If it's just you and your wife, I am wondering why you are staying in a villa with a full kitchen instead of a studio? The whole point of the 1, 2, and 3 bedroom villas is for convenience for families of 3 or more. Laundry, kitchen, etc. is a huge necessity for our family. I couldn't afford vacationing at Disney without them. If Disney didn't offer the choice, we'd simply stay offsite in a villa that did. DVC was Disney's answer to so many people buying offsite time shares - they needed to offer an equivalent. There are plenty of Disney hotels with no kitchens for those who want that...
For us it would be the king bed. Dh and I can’t share a queen.

It's not just new resorts - that goes on always. We just have things we like and things we don't.

I totally get that we all like certain things and have preferences when it comes to resort frills and that's entirely understandable. My point was let's sample the dinner before we decide we don't care for it on the basis of a few photographs. If Riviera turns out to be as bland and unappealing as some here think it will be, I'll have no problem saying so.

I wondering what is in the "kitchenette". Coffee maker, toaster?? Even people who don't cook in a studio, often will make coffee and bagels before heading out.

Just us... WHY does DVC continue to waste massive amounts of space with KITCHENS?
When I take my dear wife on a vacation? NEITHER of us is gonna cook :).
I enjoy having a proper kitchen when I stay in a 1 or 2 bedroom. I don't cook a lot, but it feels more comfortable to me. I'm not impressed with this linear kitchen in Riviera. Using the kitchen for breakfast, with members of the family on the bar stools...I just like it. Standing facing the wall washing up or cooking? Nah. That's what they are doing in new condos in my city, to make them even smaller square footage. It looks cheap to me.

The rest of the decor seems nice to me. I'm happy to hear so many liking this new resort. Might take some of the pressure off of BWV/BC during the fall. Dare I hope?

I wondering what is in the "kitchenette". Coffee maker, toaster?? Even people who don't cook in a studio, often will make coffee and bagels before heading out.

I noticed in the studio that has the pull down bed (sorry, I don't remember the exact name), it did not say it included a toaster.
In the studio that has a "real" bed, it did note a toaster. Not sure if a mistake but the first smaller studio, sounded like the fridge and
cups were in the cabinet right next to/connected to the bed.

I like the looks. Remember how the comments about VGF were how it looked like their Grandmother's place and who would want to stay there? VGF is our new favorite, and I'm thinking this one will be up there with it too. I'm not interested in being immersed in Disney 24/7. My concern is how they have taken color out of the bedrooms; the huge white beds need something since they don't even have bedscarves anymore.

I can't wait to try it, glad we have enough points.

Insiders, who post regularly in other forums, have indicated that Reflections will follow the same modestly themed, modern design which has been adopted for Disney's Riviera Resort and the Gran Destino Tower at Disney's Coronado Springs. It seems that the Michael Eisner days of immersive resorts are gone.
Yes, that era is over. Obviously, there are many who appreciate that new generic style--sleek, modern, shiny. Well, they appear to have many resorts from which to choose going forward. Me? I like theming. I would rather be immersed. As others have said, I don't need every single detail to be about Mickey (or any other characters); I don't need the bedposts to be carved into Disney icons; I don't need the door to have a Mickey-shaped peep hole (though that would be cool). However, I want to wake up in the morning and realize that I'm at Disney. . .not at a Hyatt, a Wyndham, et.al. It can be done--just look at the Grand Californian. I would even posit the Grand Floridian, Poly, and WL (though the latter two have been watered down of late). Part of my experience and attachment to Disney has always been (as it has been for my children) a certain naïveté and innocence, an acceptance of an ideal that truly doesn't exist--but we wish it did--and not a small amount of a suspension of disbelief. The new modern styling choices don't spark any of that for me or my now grown kids. Are the rooms pretty? Sure. But so are rooms in many Marriotts and Hiltons. Perhaps, just perhaps, Disney will wind up adding enough unique touches to make it seem like Disney--in fact, I feel certain they will. Yet, they undoubtedly won't go immersive, either, and I would miss that. I look at the pictures of this resort, and it makes me wonder if Mickey likes to play blackjack or if Minnie will be in the lounge at night crooning La Vie en rose. That's the adult in me. Sometimes, especially at Disney, I just prefer that veil of magic and that corny wonderment of imagination.

Not really liking the layout. The layout of the kitchen against one wall I am not really a fan of. The two person studios are a let down I was hoping for King bed. I don’t know I was expecting more from how much they played up the Riviera resort. Obviously they never visited the real French Riviera (Europe is a Continent) while designing this. Will stick with my first love.

Edit: I keep looking at photos/layouts.

Last edited:
I believe the Tower Studio is aimed at couples like DH and me, and I was excited about them - until we saw the bed is a queen, not a king, and there’s no seating in the room when the bed is down. DH sometimes wakes early and gets out of bed to read while I sleep, but with this configuration he wouldn’t be able to do that. Maybe they’ll include a chair somewhere? Not to mention there’s no way to put a clock next to the bed so that you could see the time without sitting up and turning around. Too bad!

Hope the Murphy bed is nowhere near as difficult to operate as the in our room @ Pop. Weight-lifting, fit DIL had to work at it to get it to work. We we promptly requested to switch resorts to get normal beds the next day, told that was a common request by the CM we worked with to make the adjustment.

As for that wonky studio kitchenette, I’d rather just see a standard hotel room offered with a small refrigerator & coffeepot. Will be interested to see the closet area

Tower Studio IS WEIRD AS ALL GET OUT. Seems more like an architectural misstep than something that was actually planned. As someone whos slept on Disney murphy beds and pull out couches before, no thank you.

Perfect description IMO.

And hopefully they will not leave crumbs all over the couch or bed when eating their toast or bagel, remember there is no table to eat at. Personally, I hope the tower rooms don't include a toaster.

And hopefully they will not leave crumbs all over the couch or bed when eating their toast or bagel, remember there is no table to eat at. Personally, I hope the tower rooms don't include a toaster.

Makes sense since the room costs about the same as a night in a CL room at the monorail resorts!!! :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter