• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Riviera Available on WDW Site

And hopefully they will not leave crumbs all over the couch or bed when eating their toast or bagel, remember there is no table to eat at. Personally, I hope the tower rooms don't include a toaster.

I was thinking more of a mess making coffee washing items using bathroom sink.

And hopefully they will not leave crumbs all over the couch or bed when eating their toast or bagel, remember there is no table to eat at. Personally, I hope the tower rooms don't include a toaster.

Looking at the plan, there will be a table and two chairs in the closet with a view (or, observation deck, as Disney calls it).

Looking at the studio...
I like the division of the bathroom - 2 can shower simultaneously
I like the use of pocket doors - easy way to gain space
I like that there is a separate table / chairs to use (not in lieu of using bed)
If that is a Murphy over sofa - win!

Basically, I think the layout is about the best they can do (not knowing the square footage) to make a 4-5 person occupancy realistically comfortable.

However, I do not see even a speck of Disney in these rooms at all. That's sad.
I agree! I’m one of those people that gets sad when Disney theming is slowly removes during refurbs...and this new design seems so generic to me

Does anyone know the size of the rooms??
Also from the pictures, I didn't see any balconies.
In the "Tower" room , didn't see a coffee maker and microwave, frig either.
Looks like an over priced, poorly layout design basic hotel room.

In the tower room, there is to be some kitchen stuff in a cabinet next to the bed. I'm not sure what exactly. Some feel it's just a fridge and microwave.

We never travel anywhere but WDW. I'm curious what is in other hotel rooms. In room coffee pot, etc.?

I think the tower rooms would be great if they were priced like AKV value rooms. That would put them (using $18/point) from $154/night to $285/night on weekly nightly rates. I could even see $200-$300 because a brand new resort on the skyliner with a seemingly nice rooftop restaurant does have value.

I just hope they're pricing cash rates high to make sure they reserve room for DVC bookings.

I think the tower rooms would be great if they were priced like AKV value rooms. That would put them (using $18/point) from $154/night to $285/night on weekly nightly rates. I could even see $200-$300 because a brand new resort on the skyliner with a seemingly nice rooftop restaurant does have value.

I just hope they're pricing cash rates high to make sure they reserve room for DVC bookings.
Cash inventory and DVC an entirely separate. Setting cash rates high so that rooms don't get filled does not release addional villas for DVC members to book.

Cash inventory and DVC an entirely separate. Setting cash rates high so that rooms don't get filled does not release addional villas for DVC members to book.

Really? These are made up numbers so don't go after me for that but if they have 100 tower studios and 80 are reserved DVC rooms and the other 20 are set aside for cash if they're not booked let's say 7 months out DVC owners couldn't book those rooms?

Really? These are made up numbers so don't go after me for that but if they have 100 tower studios and 80 are reserved DVC rooms and the other 20 are set aside for cash if they're not booked let's say 7 months out DVC owners couldn't book those rooms?
DVC doesn't own those 20 rooms. DVD owns those rooms and releases them to Disney CRO to book for cash. DVC only owns the inventory that has been declared into DVC by DVD. Owners cannot use their points to book undeclared villas.

DVC doesn't own those 20 rooms. DVD owns those rooms and releases them to Disney CRO to book for cash. DVC only owns the inventory that has been declared into DVC by DVD. Owners cannot use their points to book undeclared villas.

Thanks for the info. Once DVC contracts start being sold points charts will come out right?

Thanks for the info. Once DVC contracts start being sold points charts will come out right?
Charts need to be available before the first point is sold. There are usually pre-sale incentives for current DVC owners to add on at new resorts. The offer information typically precedes the actual pre-sale date by a few weeks. The points charts will be published when that announcement is made so that current owners can determine how many points they may want to purchase during the pre-sale period.

Totally agree- right now the prices are ridiculous for the size of the room.

I bet those 2 people tower rooms r more points than studios cause of the views. Right they all have views? I like the idea for if just the wife and myself but not with the bed setup. I agree with most here that there should be at least a queen size regular bed. They could have made these rooms kinda romantic/retreat like I feel.

I don’t know about this resort. Anyone notice the restaurant is a signature dining but a character meal during The day? That’s kinda mad wonky.

I’ll prob try it eventually but against I would rather stay at beach club a million times over for location. I can walk to Epcot and the studio. Over at Rivera I got to take the ride in the sky. U really can’t sell this as having awesome access to 2 parts in my opinion when u have beach club and boardwalk in walking distance.

They have a very small balcony. When you open the door it looks like it just misses the chairs.

Attachments

• D1A95007-029B-4D31-B140-D17D94B38881.png
    D1A95007-029B-4D31-B140-D17D94B38881.png
    142.6 KB · Views: 26
I bet those 2 people tower rooms r more points than studios cause of the views. Right they all have views? I like the idea for if just the wife and myself but not with the bed setup. I agree with most here that there should be at least a queen size regular bed. They could have made these rooms kinda romantic/retreat like I feel.

I don’t know about this resort. Anyone notice the restaurant is a signature dining but a character meal during The day? That’s kinda mad wonky.

I’ll prob try it eventually but against I would rather stay at beach club a million times over for location. I can walk to Epcot and the studio. Over at Rivera I got to take the ride in the sky. U really can’t sell this as having awesome access to 2 parts in my opinion when u have beach club and boardwalk in walking distance.
Obama and Cape May have character breakfasts, while being their resorts’ best dinner.

The gondola isn’t better than walking distance ... but only so many guests can stay in walking distance resorts.
The gondola is environmentally friendly transportation with faster (no wait) average transportation times than boat, monorail or bus. Hopefully the gondola system is highly successful and expanded to more resorts.

Obama and Cape May have character breakfasts, while being their resorts’ best dinner.

The gondola isn’t better than walking distance ... but only so many guests can stay in walking distance resorts.
The gondola is environmentally friendly transportation with faster (no wait) average transportation times than boat, monorail or bus. Hopefully the gondola system is highly successful and expanded to more resorts.
Hopefully the wait times are good for them. Won’t know until they r open to know for sure.

The monorail is brutal anymore I feel. We don’t stay on the monorail line cause of them. I would rather boat at this point.

It's not the activity of walking in and of itself that gets people jazzed up, but more the time expended to get to the parks. Wait for a bus, wait for a boat, etc... With the gondolas, wait times should be minimal because they're pretty much continuously moving and the transportation times to the parks might actually beat walking in some cases, especially walking to DHS. I expect if transportation times are approximately the same, most folks will find "flying" a better alternative than walking.

I heard/read somewhere that it was confirmed that the gondolas will be cleared and stopped during lightning and storms. I would think that this would amount to fairly frequent (but brief) shutdowns of the gondolas during the afternoon when pop-up storms are common. Without the gondola system, is the location or transportation options at the Riviera anything special? I will reserve final judgement until the system is fully operational, but if it is going to have to be "closed" when lightning is in the area, I would not pay a premium to stay at a resort just for access to the gondola system.

Obama and Cape May have character breakfasts, while being their resorts’ best dinner...
Did you mean Ohana? :)
But neither Ohana or Cape May are Signature dinning (2 TS) in the evening. And the BC is attached to the YC which has the Signature Yachtsman restaurant.
I can't think of a restaurant that is character for Breakfast and Signature at night - maybe Cinderella's Castle which has the Princesses for all meals?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter